It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pocahontas aka Elizabeth Warren Releases 10 Years of Her Tax Returns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I wont be satisfied until I see a vault copy of Mr oranges tax returns

You raise a good point here. No legally-protected document 'voluntarily released' by a politician is worth diddly squat.

It has to come from the custodial agency -- in this case, the IRS. It would be far more credible if Elizabeth Warren just authorized the IRS to release her tax records to any member of the public and press that requests certified copies.

Instead, we get copies from her...unsigned and with no proof they were ever filed or accepted by the IRS. And the IRS would likely reject any request for them, or to verify what she released, by citing privacy laws...

...even though Elizabeth Warren has allegedly already released accurate copies.

You can't unring a bell.

Politicians lie to the public all the time...tell them what they think they want to hear. It's not illegal. Why should anyone trust them when it's a record they are selling the public?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I wont be satisfied until I see a vault copy of Mr oranges tax returns

You raise a good point here. No legally-protected document 'voluntarily released' by a politician is worth diddly squat.

It has to come from the custodial agency -- in this case, the IRS. It would be far more credible if Elizabeth Warren just authorized the IRS to release her tax records to any member of the public and press that requests certified copies.

Instead, we get copies from her...unsigned and with no proof they were ever filed or accepted by the IRS. And the IRS would likely reject any request for them, or to verify what she released, by citing privacy laws...

...even though Elizabeth Warren has allegedly already released accurate copies.

You can't unring a bell.

Politicians lie to the public all the time...tell them what they think they want to hear. It's not illegal. Why should anyone trust them when it's a record they are selling the public?

Yes, this is a good point. In fact, there is a form called an IRS 4506-t which is signed by taxpayer. It allows the IRS to release a transcript copy of the tax return filed to third parties. People fill this form out commonly with mortgage applications because mortgage underwriters double check to prevent fraud. Some borrowers provide one set of tax returns for the mortgage application with inflated income, but then file something different with IRS.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I totally agree. It is the IRS’s job to make sure the tax filings are correct, personally I hate thinking about and looking over my own tax returns, so I have zero interest in seeing a candidate’s returns. I think it is overly invasive and none of my business.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
'One-Percenter' Warren?: 'The Five' on MA Dem Being 'Part of the Group She Consistently Bashes'

The panel on "The Five" discussed how Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren appears to be part of the "one-percent" that she consistently disparages in public.
The returns show that Warren and her husband, Bruce Mann, made nearly $1 million in 2017. Mann is an Ivy League law professor.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is it a law that presidents MUST release their tax records to the public?

No but it should be, along with divesting from whatever business you are involved in until they leave office, that should apply not just to POTUS but Congress and Senate, corruption is rife in government , one more thing, the govt to lobby pipe line must be busted once and for all, IMO America is Amongst the top corrupt major industrialized nation on earth.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

POTUS is a 4 to 8 year job, not a life-time career. A person should not have to give up their livelihood to serve the country for 8 years. Ever since this country was established, presidents had their careers at the same time they were presidents. Our presidents have been farmers and businessmen. We should not WANT our POTUS to be only a politician, or they do not understand what life in America really is.

As for Congress, term limits would solve the problem for the above reason. Congress should not consist of life-time politicians. It should consist of real people who have lived life as a working person, and who choose to serve for 8 years, knowing they will then go back to the life they will live in the country that they have affected with their decisions.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

One does not need to abandon one's career, only put one's assets into a blind trust. Trump has not done that, and is literally running his global business from inside the White House. That alone is impeachable.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Pocahontas?

You're lucky you're not Roseanne Barr.

Your OP would of been the end of your career if you had been.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The thing is, Southern Guardian, when you refer Warren as Pocahontas, you lose all credibility as making an objective criticism. That term is specifically ascribed to a Trump supporter, particularly one that believes in Trump regardless of fact or truth. That's not a strong position from which to debate any topic.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
The thing is, Southern Guardian, when you refer Warren as Pocahontas, you lose all credibility as making an objective criticism. That term is specifically ascribed to a Trump supporter, particularly one that believes in Trump regardless of fact or truth. That's not a strong position from which to debate any topic.

Yah, she should be referred to as "Liarwatha". A phrase I coined for her years ago when she was running in my home state. She is a bold faced liar. There is no question that she used her false Native American status to obtain a lucrative position with Harvard. And if she wasn't a bold faced liar, she would have already taken the DNA test to prove her heritage.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well, good for her! ...and, I suppose there's a point to this? Oh, right, The Donald. Almost forgot.

Is anyone required, by law, to release tax details?

Hmm... No, they are not. So?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Not "can't", won't.

Big difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Like I said, your country is divided, workers struggling on minimum wage, corporate profits through the roof, and you think somehow "bouncing around" issues will solve the underlying deep rooted problems?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

That's what this tax-return issue is: Tradition for the sake of tradition. You learn nothing important from tax returns about anything illegal or otherwise, at least not in the way that the public can discern.

This is what I find truly funny. They somehow think dubious and criminal transactions will appear on tax returns.

Truly sad indictment about how the world actually works.

To give you an example - we have a system where any transaction over $10 k must be reported, and yet 1 of our 4 major banks allowed this to continue for years....

Our highest ranking Politicians were pushed for years to investigate...all falling on deaf ears

theconversation.com...

The Commonwealth Bank is facing another scandal as the Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) launches civil proceedings accusing the bank of being complicit in money laundering.

This exposes a deeply worrying prospect, that the Australian public are vulnerable to crime and terrorism directly funded through the Australian banking system.

AUSTRAC alleges CBA breached the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act (2006) 53,700 times since 2012, where transactions were not reported by the bank, or reported too late. The bank faces a potential penalty of A$18 million per breach, which could amount to billions of dollars.

According to AUSTRAC, criminals deposited cash, amounting to tens of millions of dollars, over a period of two years in intelligent deposit machines where it was automatically counted and credited instantly to the nominated recipient account. The funds were then available for immediate transfer to other accounts both domestically and internationally.

In their evidence AUSTRAC details how four identified criminal syndicates were able to readily use CBA ATMs to breach the A$10,000 transaction threshold on 1640 occasions amounting to A$17.3 million. A total of A$625 millionof suspicious transactions flowed through these CBA ATMs.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xtradimensions

I totally agree. It is the IRS’s job to make sure the tax filings are correct,

In theory and yet....

Scientology's Puzzling Journey From Tax Rebel to Tax Exempt
www.nytimes.com...

On Oct. 8, 1993, 10,000 cheering Scientologists thronged the Los Angeles Sports Arena to celebrate the most important milestone in the church's recent history: victory in its all-out war against the Internal Revenue Service.

For 25 years, I.R.S. agents had branded Scientology a commercial enterprise and refused to give it the tax exemption granted to churches. The refusals had been upheld in every court. But that night the crowd learned of an astonishing turnaround. The I.R.S. had granted tax exemptions to every Scientology entity in the United States. '

'The war is over,'' David Miscavige, the church's leader, declared to tumultuous applause.

The landmark reversal shocked tax experts and saved the church tens of millions of dollars in taxes. More significantly, the decision was an invaluable public relations tool in Scientology's worldwide campaign for acceptance as a mainstream religion. On the basis of the I.R.S. ruling, the State Department formally criticized Germany for discriminating against Scientologists. The German Government regards the organization as a business, not a tax-exempt religion, the very position maintained for 25 years by the American Government.

The full story of the turnabout by the I.R.S. has remained hidden behind taxpayer privacy laws for nearly four years. But an examination by The New York Times found that the exemption followed a series of unusual internal I.R.S. actions that came after an extraordinary campaign orchestrated by Scientology against the agency and people who work there. Among the findings of the review by The Times, based on more than 30 interviews and thousands of pages of public and internal church records, were these:

*Scientology's lawyers hired private investigators to dig into the private lives of I.R.S. officials and to conduct surveillance operations to uncover potential vulnerabilities, according to interviews and documents. One investigator said he had interviewed tenants in buildings owned by three I.R.S. officials, looking for housing code violations. He also said he had taken documents from an I.R.S. conference and sent them to church officials and created a phony news bureau in Washington to gather information on church critics. The church also financed an organization of I.R.S. whistle-blowers that attacked the agency publicly.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Or in Clintons case run a Foundation worth billions that has its tentacles around the globe whilst also being Secretary of State.

I hear they built a lot of shacks for the Haitians/ Sarcasm

And I know ya'll just dismiss this as "whataboutism", because this must really suck. The biggest open secret.

www.forbes.com... 827d96

The subject is embarrassing: donations by foreign governments while Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State. Mrs. Clinton resigned from the Foundation's board after she officially announced her Presidential run. But upon becoming Secretary of State, Mrs. Clinton promised that the Foundation would stop accepting donations from foreign governments. It turns out there were exceptions, and that the Foundation's tax filings with the IRS were less than transparent.

Now, Maura Pally, acting CEO of the Foundation, posted a statement acknowledging that the Foundation failed to separate government grants from other donations on its tax filings. Ms. Pally wrote that the Foundationintends to refile tax returns. Although the Foundation does good works, extensive donations by foreign governments while Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State are hard to explain. It happened, which violated her promise, and the President's code of ethics.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
it's really none of your business

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hillarious - bitter liberals still going on about tax returns.

Not surprised she's a multi-millionaire - all these radical lefties are. They preach from their elite perch that their subjects should be poor.
edit on 25/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Like I said, your country is divided, workers struggling on minimum wage, corporate profits through the roof, and you think somehow "bouncing around" issues will solve the underlying deep rooted problems?

You're right, but don't think that we're alone in this struggle.

Many countries get creative on setting the illusion they aren't getting screwed too. It may look like someone is getting paid more somewhere else, but how's the cost of living compare?

Do you think America is unique the constituents are getting sold out by politicians and corporations?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join