It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pocahontas aka Elizabeth Warren Releases 10 Years of Her Tax Returns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Arnie123

The good of the country is dependent upon reasonable action, not old tax returns.

What is unreasonable about clearing up a divisive controversy?

Ummm...divisive controversy...?

Who actually gives an eff...and please explain how such a pickaninny topic divides the country...

If this is all it takes to make such a gaping divide...then methinks some look for any excuse to have enemies...

Look...he's got orange skin...lets hate on him...

Look...he's got funny hair...lets hate on him...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

The good of the country is dependent upon reasonable action, not old tax returns.

What is unreasonable about clearing up a divisive controversy?

There was a divisive controversy about her tax returns?

The divisive controversy in her case is about her claiming native heritage to advance her career without actually being native. You know on the strength of "high cheekbones." It's where her nicknames come from.

It would be like John Kasich releasing his long form birth certificate to clear up controversy at this point.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: network dude

is it a law that presidents MUST release their tax records to the public?

No it's not, just like Birth Cerificates... but Obama went through all that effort to fake both the long and short form ones ya know? Even got half the government including the State of Hawaii to produce a fake one!

What's Trump scared of? Aren't you curious? Just produce a fake one and put this all to bed!

I thought all that birther stuff was nonsense. Now you want to run the same race, wear the same stinky outfit, and loose the same way, but pretend you are morally superior? Can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I really don’t care about tax returns for any candidate—democrat or republican. I think it is overly invasive and has nothing to do with the job they are seeking, whether is a senate, house of rep, governor, or presidential election.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thread is about tax returns.

And if he wanted to do what is best for the country, he would end the debate by releasing them. Assuming there is no evidence of wrongdoing, of course....

So am I to understand that if Don released his taxes, and they all looked super, you would become a Trumpkin? Or would you just find another reason to throw that tantrum?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It is always good to break with tradition. If we didnt then we would not have moved on from many things.

Glad to hear a conservative say this, though disheartening on this topic.

Precedence sir, precedence.

You don't have to lap up everything he does, just be humble and say this isn't a good look on his part. Because when a sketchy liberal runs for president and possibly wins, the tax return debate is gone if Trump supporters defend him on this one.

It would be about as gone as the illegal alien border wall fight I think.

All I'm saying is just because you like Trump doesn't mean you give him an inch, because every politician will take a mile after that. It's how Americans justify "their guy" at any point in time, we're all guilty of saying something is OK because so and so did it.

But that is exactly what the OP and you are saying. Because others before them released theirs then he should release his. There is no rule or law that it has to be done.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xtradimensions
I really don’t care about tax returns for any candidate—democrat or republican. I think it is overly invasive and has nothing to do with the job they are seeking, whether is a senate, house of rep, governor, or presidential election.

What i dont get is arent we paying the IRS to make sure peoples taxes are filed correctly?

If they are incapable of doing that job, and we need to release everyone return publicly to find crimes, why the heck are we still wasting tax dollars on the IRS?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am puzzled by what people expect to discover in the returns. Do they think that Don does his own 1000 page return? Do they not know that he has armies of accountants and tax lawyers who do the returns and make sure everything is legal? Do internet denizens think that they will find some illegality? Unlikely, but if they do thy can't pin it on Trump directly. The entire "show us your tax returns" is a pointless exercise.

Warren publishing her tax returns may be her getting ready to run in 2020.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

They think they will find that trump made money in russia.

For them, that is proof that trump is being controlled by putin.

Thats how silly this is.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It is always good to break with tradition. If we didnt then we would not have moved on from many things.

You don't have to lap up everything he does, just be humble and say this isn't a good look on his part. Because when a sketchy liberal runs for president and possibly wins, the tax return debate is gone if Trump supporters defend him on this one.

All I'm saying is just because you like Trump doesn't mean you give him an inch, because every politician will take a mile after that. It's how Americans justify "their guy" at any point in time, we're all guilty of saying something is OK because so and so did it.

But that is exactly what the OP and you are saying. Because others before them released theirs then he should release his. There is no rule or law that it has to be done.

Why are you standing up for politicians? Why should we remove layers of transparency for them?

If you just want Trump to not release them because he doesn't have to, that's fine, just be honest it's only because it's Trump.

But if you think that future presidents will just be honest without proof, GTFO.

We deserve to know where their financial interests lie. For instance, a private company in my area has gotten the go ahead to buy up land through eminent domain, no citizens wanted it but it turns out our politicians had stock in the company.

That's one example, we could go on for hours.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Why are you standing up for politicians? Why should we remove layers of transparency for them?

If you just want Trump to not release them because he doesn't have to, that's fine, just be honest it's only because it's Trump.

But if you think that future presidents will just be honest without proof, GTFO.

We deserve to know where their financial interests lie. For instance, a private company in my area has gotten the go ahead to buy up land through eminent domain, no citizens wanted it but it turns out our politicians had stock in the company.

That's one example, we could go on for hours.

I have enough to deal with working on my own taxes. Never read any other POTUS returns and dont plan to start.

Can you name one that has given any influence positive or negative, and anything you've gleaned from reading them? Have you read any of them from the past?
edit on 8/23/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see your point, but the publi having this info can also be used as a negative.

"What, trump has business in russia? Well then if he doesnt put sanctions on them, that shows he is a puppet of putin!"

I think trump should release them, dont get me wrong.

But no matter what they say, they will be used as proof of him being corrupt.

And we already have agencies that are supposed to look at criminality in tax returns or making sure there is not a cinflict of interests in votes.

Granted, they fail as well, but then lets just get rid of them, and release everyone info to the public that gets government money.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: xtradimensions

What i dont get is arent we paying the IRS to make sure peoples taxes are filed correctly?

If they are incapable of doing that job, and we need to release everyone return publicly to find crimes, why the heck are we still wasting tax dollars on the IRS?

Bingo.

link   

Any of them besides trump billionaires with shady business deals, failed businesses and companies in multiple countries?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see your point, but the publi having this info can also be used as a negative.

"What, trump has business in russia? Well then if he doesnt put sanctions on them, that shows he is a puppet of putin!"

I think trump should release them, dont get me wrong.

But no matter what they say, they will be used as proof of him being corrupt.

And we already have agencies that are supposed to look at criminality in tax returns or making sure there is not a cinflict of interests in votes.

Granted, they fail as well, but then lets just get rid of them, and release everyone info to the public that gets government money.

I'd be willing to bet Trump has one of the most heavily dissected and scrutinized returns every year by the IRS of any businessman in the US.

If there were shady deals....they would have come out. That or the IRS sucks at doing their job year after year for decades.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Any of them besides trump billionaires with shady business deals, failed businesses and companies in multiple countries?

Failed businesses? What does that have to do with anything?

Name politicians with successful businesses like trumps had?

Is that fact that trump has had businesses some fail, many succeed, somehow a negative compared to thenpitany of politicians that never owned a business?

I guess if your bernie and you never had a real job then yeah, its easy to seem super noble cause you never had a failed business.

As for saying trump is most corrupt, can we get a good investigation into the clinton foundation?

I mean, I am sure the millions of dollars being given by russians, the saudi government, etc, were all totaly non shady, right?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

They think they will find that trump made money in russia.

For them, that is proof that trump is being controlled by putin.

Thats how silly this is.

Many people made money in Russia. Even Putin, who supposedly has ties to Russia. The Clintons had "donations" to the Clinton Foundation(s) so they must be guilty, too. Photos of Putin with Hillary, Schumer, Obama, et al., are all over the internet. Guilty of collusion!
I even heard that Trump said he would have "more flexibility" after the 2020 election.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Funny....apparently the IRS doesn't feel the same way....and they are in charge of it all.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

She is not all that transparent, let's see her release those Harvard application and see if she actually claimed minority status. Let us see if she takes that DNA test to show her genetic makeup, transparent you know, claim it then own it. Let's see if she lied

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
This might be a bit off topic, but it just breaks my heart when I think of all the suffering and discrimination Elizabeth has gone through as a "Native American". Do we get to see if she got preferential admissions or a scholarship based on her alleged ethnicity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join