It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP Should Terminate the Mueller Probe ASAP - The Positives Will Far Outweigh any Negatives.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Swills

a reply to: Swills

Thankyou for your input. Depending on how Mueller's termination is framed, the resulting fallout might not be as dire as you predict.

If you think that then you're just day dreaming.

A little thing called, Constitutional Crisis will begin. My god man, you were a Sailor who swore to defend the Constitution. What are you thinking!?

I'm thinking that Bob Mueller has gone rogue, and is out to get the President, at all costs. The U.S. Constitution doesn't support this.

Well, as politely as I can say it, that's just stupid. Mueller didn't ask for this job, it was given to him and that only happened because TRUMP FIRED THE FIRST GUY INVESTIGATING HIM AND ADMITTED ON NATIONAL TV IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION!

Maybe stop spending so much time at the Conservative Tree House.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Thankyou for your input. Depending on how Mueller's termination is framed, the resulting fallout might not be as dire as you predict.

A little thing called, Constitutional Crisis will begin. My god man, you were a Sailor who swore to defend the Constitution. What are you thinking!?
But the left has been screaming that for ages.

What of it?

In your hearts of heart, you know Trump will probably fire him, am I right?

Stop being so blind that you can't understand that a POTUS ending an investigation into himself to save his own ass isn't a constitutional crisis!

I thought you wanted the President to terminate the investigation, so your wish for "impeachment" would quickly follow?

It turns out the President was a "target" (actually THE SOLE TARGET) all along. Mueller was merely trying to relax Trump into sitting down for a perjury trap by stating that he was not a target.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm thinking that Bob Mueller has gone rogue, and is out to get the President, at all costs. The U.S. Constitution doesn't support this.

Well, as politely as I can say it, that's just stupid. Mueller didn't ask for this job, it was given to him and that only happened because TRUMP FIRED THE FIRST GUY INVESTIGATING HIM AND ADMITTED ON NATIONAL TV IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION!

...you sure about that?

Not through the recommendation of Rosentien and Sessions?

No the fact that he mishandled the Hillary case?

Or perhaps breaking tradition and tarnishing the image of the FBI?

.....???

Perhaps step away from CNN?
edit on 23-8-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The Op has stated that they should end the investigation ASAP, that it would be beneficial to the country and that all will be right.

The following can be stated:

The first thing is that even if they ended the investigation, any investigations going on would still continue on, though no new ones would start. All court cases would have to be resolved, unless the President decides to pardon each and every person. Course as part of such, their crimes would have to be announced, as part of the process.

Now here is the good part, as part of the position, the Mueller team would have to put together a report, which would be accessed by ALL in congress, as part of that investigation. Including all of the evidence collected so far, and what conclusions that evidence would lead to.

So that means that everything, the dirty laundry would be out, and it could be very embarrassing to the president, and his administration.

This also would set a very dangerous precedent on the part of the congress and the rest of the country, as now any who would be in a position, like the President or so forth, would be able to use to end any and all investigations against them, pointing to this one instance.

So here is the question for you to consider, in the future, are you willing to accept the outcome of any and all future investigations that are ended, without a resolution to determine if a sitting government official is innocent or guilty?

What if another Obama or Hillary gets elected, would you stand for them to call off the investigation mid way?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: Arnie123

Since 67% of Americans say the Mueller probe should end, I don't think that 67% care HOW it ends. Just that it does..NOW.
Oh I totally agree. This is harmful to the nation and that is the true embarrasment to our nation.

they rather see things burn than Trump succeed, and therein lies the issue. American ideals and society failed them. They won't support the very nation that provides them safety and security in a ruthless world. I pity them and feel for them.

Conservatives wanted Obama to fail too. But it was because his policies were hurting Americans and America's stature on the world's stage.

With Trump, liberals hate HIM...not his policies. That is, unless they're against a stronger economy, more peace on the planet, stronger borders, and more effective law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

How do we know that Mueller didn't ask for this job? He met with President Trump for several hours the day before he assumed this assignment. That's one of the things that make you go "hmmmm".

BTW.. no need to be polite or diplomatic. This is DA MUD PIT!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I would love if Trump ended this investigation. Fired Jeff Sessions. Appoint Trey Gowdy as AG. Then Trump release the unredacted version by executive privilege of the report, which ultimately lead to Gowdy being forced to open a whole bunch of fun new special counsels into all that corruption.... This is how I''d love to see it play out.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

What are your thoughts on the possible connection between these 3 events Arnie123?

1. Rosenstein advises Trump to fire Comey. He does. (May 9, 2017)
Then
2. Mueller meets with Trump for several hours. (May 16, 2017)
Then
3. Mueller begins his Special Counsel duties. (May 17, 2017)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I have not read through the responses, and it's rare for me to post before doing so. But what you are suggesting will be a huge boon for Democrats come midterms, and to his re-election.
I would council patience, and a calculated response.

That more than anything will show there is not a knee jerk reaction and some thought coming from the white house.

Remember we are in the time of the court of public opinion. The more the president shows prudence, the less the left is seen as rational.
With that said I'm not convinced Trump understands prudence.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Excellent, logically framed post, SDCIGARPIG. It reminds me that the BEST outcome for the President (and probably all who have been indicted), is for the Mueller investigation to be proven as illegitimate.

That is what Rudy Giuliani said is being sought. I'm not familiar with the legal terminologies he used, but it revolves around the Dossier being proved as FAKE and the FISA spy warrants being shown as being fraudulently obtained.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I would love if Trump ended this investigation. Fired Jeff Sessions. Appoint Trey Gowdy as AG. Then Trump release the unredacted version by executive privilege of the report, which ultimately lead to Gowdy being forced to open a whole bunch of fun new special counsels into all that corruption.... This is how I''d love to see it play out.

I'd like to see the FISA, attachments, and 302's de-classified first. Also, you have to keep in mind that it would take MONTHS for a Jeff Sessions replacement to be approved by Congress...even if its Trey.

Jeff Sessions has been working with a Lead Special Prosecutor (with other Fed Prosecutors), who have been investigating Deep-State corruption since November 2017. Like Bob Mueller, Sessions isn't a show-boater.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Thankyou for your thoughtful feedback. Your last sentence reminds me of something President Trump said at the West Virginia rally last night.

Paraphrasing: "Things didn't get bad overnight. We have to have patience. It will pay off!"

That shows "prudence" on his part. Wish I was paying closer attention. Not sure of the context in which he said that.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If it hasnt wound up by the mid terms and the republicans win in the mid terms.. he will..

until then, its a farce and everyone can see it.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Another thread full of "whistling in the woods"?
Come on, be patient.

If there is nothing to fear, let justice run its course.

If you are afraid, tell us/all people to "just stop it".

If I would be doing so while for example being under IRS inspection, would I be (a) doing something very suspicious or (b) just trying to save the taxpayers money?

Stop trying to tell any member of this board that Donald should stop Mueller. It does --not-- help the case.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
If it hasnt wound up by the mid terms and the republicans win in the mid terms.. he will..

What I fear is Bob Mueller stepping up to a podium on October 28th, surrounded by tough-looking, somber men and women, and saying: "After 80,000 manhours of investigating, we are today recommending DOJ indictments of Kushner, Trump Jr., President Trump, and the Q group".

They will all be drummed up charges, based on some lie told by someone else who was indicted. Similarly to how Cohen lied about Trump on Tuesday.

Those who don't think he will do this, don't understand what Mueller and lots of his deep-state friends stand to lose, if Republicans gain seats in November.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Stop trying to tell any member of this board that Donald should stop Mueller. It does --not-- help the case.

depends on which side of the fence you are on....

name one American presidency from this that didn't have a circus to go along...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

What I fear is Bob Mueller stepping up to a podium on October 28th, surrounded by tough-looking, somber men and women, and saying: "After 80,000 manhours of investigating, we are today recommending DOJ indictments of Kushner, Trump Jr., President Trump, and the Q group".

They will all be drummed up charges, based on some lie told by someone else who was indicted. Similarly to how Cohen lied about Trump on Tuesday.

Those who don't think he will do this, don't understand what Mueller and lots of his deep-state friends stand to lose, if Republicans gain seats in November.

If this happens, the lie should be easy to expose by the legal system - lawyers, judges, jury. None of our concern.

In fact, I trust that anyone in Muellers position will use as much energy and workpower to deliver the most trustworthy, infrangible proofs ever delivered against a president. Mueller knows exactly who his client/target is (I do not know the exact terminus here). He knows Donald T.s way to use twitter to enrage his supporters, his bullying strategies in negotiations, his threatening and belittleling of witnesses.

He will present, if possible - presumed innocent here - a very, very well thought-through case, I have no doubt.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Why do you want to stop the investigation early? Are you worried they might find something that Trump did that was criminal? Or that they might uncover more criminal activities that his associates have been involved in? Is that why Trump should end it now and deal with the consequences of that? Sounds like the type of shady man he is.

The special counsel has been very productive, more productive than any others to date, in fact - and it is still ongoing. just the other day, one of Trump's associates, Paul Manafort, was found guilty of financial crimes (he has a second trial coming up for even more crimes) and the other, Cohen, pleaded guilty to working at the President's orders to illegally funnel hush money to women Trump had sex with to keep them from speaking out during the election. This directly implicated Trump as being involved in the crime.

Look at how many times the Clintons were investigated, and the worst they got in trouble for was Bill lying under oath about having sexual relations with Monica. Note that this was outside of the scope of the original investigation.

Mueller wants to start out easy and work his way to the top.

Of course, it only makes sense that you want to shut down the investigation now, CareWeMust. You must be worried that it will turn up even more incriminating facts about Trump and his associates! If there is nothing to worry about, why not let the investigation run its course?
edit on 23amThu, 23 Aug 2018 03:21:33 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Tell ya what. I will let This farce ride if it means somehow, someway HRC is referred to as “the orange one”’....

on account of a jumpsuit somewhere she hasn’t worn yet

edit on 23-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join