It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so very confused

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

"Gender-inclusive front hole"?

Someone didn't take anatomy class...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For one thing, Congress should not have a hush fund funded by the taxpayer. You get reported for sexual harassment where I work, you're done, fired.

Politicians are above the law for the most part. I mean they do get to pick and choose what ones to introduce or ones they have written.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It is illegal because it was a campaign donation. It was a campaign donation because the money was being used to keep Stormy Daniels silent in order to benefit the political campaign. It was not just a hush-money payment, according to the law.

We can look at it a bit more in-depth: Was the hush money paid to help Trump or his campaign? In other words, would the money have been paid to Stormy Daniels by Cohen regardless of whether or not Trump was running for President? If this is the case, then it was not a campaign donation. However, if Cohen would have only made the payment if Trump was running for office, then it was a campaign donation. While most people think the payment was made because Trump was running for office, it could be argued either way, in theory.
edit on 23amThu, 23 Aug 2018 05:47:15 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

"Gender-inclusive front hole"?

Someone didn't take anatomy class...

TheRedneck

You see where this is going? The Democrats want to open our borders to illegal aliens from other planets. Those that only sport a front hole!! LOL!!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

OK, let's take this one theory at a time...

It is illegal because it was a campaign donation.

Even if it was a campaign donation, which I will explain below why it is not, it's still not illegal. There is no limit to how much money a candidate may contribute to his/her campaign. It is not a donation from Cohen, because the money was loaned short-term according to a business relationship and agreement that far predated the campaign. Therefore it is a donation by Trump. The question could be raised as to him not reporting it as a campaign donation; however...

You specify yourself why it is not a campaign donation:

In other words, would the money have been paid to Stormy Daniels by Cohen regardless of whether or not Trump was running for President? If this is the case, then it was not a campaign donation.

There is a history of payments Trump has made in the past, far predating the campaign, to settle similar threats. That establishes a precedent that yes, the payment for signing an NDA was similar to those made before there was a campaign and therefore would have been made this time whether or not a campaign was ongoing.

If one wants to argue that Daniels would not have made the demands had there not been a campaign, then we get into the case of Stormy Daniels extorting money from a political figure... which will land her happy little rear in prison (where I think it belongs anyway). Trump is still in the clear.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Not.

Touching.

That.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

It is illegal because it was a campaign donation. It was a campaign donation because the money was being used to keep Stormy Daniels silent in order to benefit the political campaign. It was not just a hush-money payment, according to the law.

We can look at it a bit more in-depth: Was the hush money paid to help Trump or his campaign? In other words, would the money have been paid to Stormy Daniels by Cohen regardless of whether or not Trump was running for President? If this is the case, then it was not a campaign donation. However, if Cohen would have only made the payment if Trump was running for office, then it was a campaign donation. While most people think the payment was made because Trump was running for office, it could be argued either way, in theory.

But the law says that the money paid had to be for the ENTIRETY of benefiting the campaign, not just in part.

So lets say trump would have gotten his teeth worked on. Theoretically, this would help his looks and help him in the campaign. But it is very reasonable to assume this was for other personal reasons, therefore its not against the law.

So it does come down to what you say in your second paragraph; would trump have paid of these women if he was not in a campaign?

Well, all trump would have to show was that he had cohen pay people off before for his image, and that seems open and shut. Even aside from that, i feel its quite reasoanble to assume that a billionaire would pay of women that were going to go public he had sex with them; both to protect his marriage and image for his business.

Which means no crime was commtted.

At the very least, we can see that cohens guilty plea in no way proves trump broke campaign finance laws.

but that wont stop the media and shrill cries for impeachment (for breaking the same law Obama did)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Ha, should have read your post first!

This is exactly what I am saying in my post above.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah, it's a pretty much open and shut case... but of course that doesn't stop certain elements from trying to reinterpret the law to target a specific individual.

That is one of the things the Constitution was specifically designed to protect against.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yeah, it's a pretty much open and shut case... but of course that doesn't stop certain elements from trying to reinterpret the law to target a specific individual.

That is one of the things the Constitution was specifically designed to protect against.

TheRedneck

Which begs the question, why would cohen plead guilty to a charge he knows he would most likkely not be convicted of.

well obviously the prosectors had more on him, but was willing to let it got if he plead to this charge specifically, because they want to implicate trump.

Further proving what the judge in the manafort case ellis said, none of this is about charging manafort or cohen with crimes, its about getting anything at all on trump.

So they are willing to let bigger crimes of cohen go to try to smear trump for a campaign finance violation charge (which is practically nothing) that they most likely know he will be found innocent of. Anything to make trump look bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I am confused as well.. But mostly about WTF does it have to do with russia and collusion.
Nothing. This is these weeks headlines.

Why I said this was a small boon for the left.

It doesn't matter if its Russian Collusion, they smell blood and are going for it, even it isn't there primary goal.

Why agreed with Care that it should be terminated, NOW.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

See, they're politicians and part of the connected political class. Trump isn't and never was and he actually won which they cannot forgive or get over.

So clearly, what he did must be punished one way or another even if they look like big, fat hypocrites doing it.

There is one law for the politburo and another law for the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Which begs the question, why would cohen plead guilty to a charge he knows he would most likkely not be convicted of.

That's why I posted the following:

Somewhere in the back of my mind, there's this little voice that is telling me that this could be a sting operation, too. Cohen pleads guilty to get a plea deal and get on Mueller's 'team,' then supplies bad information that causes Mueller to try and indict Trump on something where absolute proof to the contrary exists, and Mueller is disgraced and fired. I don't see Trump pardoning Manafort, as so many like to speculate on, mainly because he has no reason to... all of Manafort's charges were from long before Trump dealt with him. He did the crimes; now he does the time (although I hope the sentencing is a little less than the maximum of 80 years... that sounds a bit excessive). But if Cohen assists him in a sting operation to expose Mueller, then I could definitely see a pardon in Cohen's future.

Then again, maybe this is what it looks like... just a scared lawyer turning on his client to save his own hiney. Probably is.

TheRedneck

Cohen flipped too fast, too hard, and too conveniently for this to be a coincidence IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MteWamp

Advertisers paying money to shows that have a political leaning would also be seen as campaign contributions.

Where does it stop?

That's easy. It's stops when it might hurt someone with a D after their name.
edit on am88201818America/Chicago23p07am by annoyedpharmacist because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

But I think the simpler explanation is that they got way more on cohen, or maybe on people close to him.

So cohen had a choice; take a few years in prison and plea to a charge that he is innocent of to help take down is former friend; or spend decades in jail and we will just find someone else to smear your former friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Its all fake and they are just trying to grab at anything they can to get him out of office since they can't control him. You also see it with the media and its just going to be like this until his term is up. Its the attempt to brainwash the American ppl to believe a narrative that has been created by whomever (dems, dems+repubs close door coalition, Soros, Rothchilds) take your pick. Somebody really wants America subservient to a hidden power that will not show itself until the country is in ruins and they can come out as our saviors.

The puzzle is much bigger that we see at the moment.
edit on 23-8-2018 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But I think the simpler explanation is that they got way more on cohen, or maybe on people close to him.

So cohen had a choice; take a few years in prison and plea to a charge that he is innocent of to help take down is former friend; or spend decades in jail and we will just find someone else to smear your former friend.

combine that with the fact that Cohen comes off as an absolute moron as well. his attorney Lanny Davis was manipulating him from the start.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: Grambler

combine that with the fact that Cohen comes off as an absolute moron as well. his attorney Lanny Davis was manipulating him from the start.

Lanny davis? You mean the clinton ally and lawyer of russian oligarch firtash, one of the very russians trumps team is being investigated for having shady connections to?

Nah, surely no conflict of interest there!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Trump didn't do anything illegal, he used his own money, which there is zero limit to using your own money on your own campaign. It's his own money because he paid back Cohen, there's zero illegal activity.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yeah, that Lanny Davis. That's why I am thinking it's a reverse sting op. Too convenient. Even Cohen, who I don't have a lot of faith in, never did really, could see that was a dumb move hiring him. It was like he trapped himself.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join