It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foes Of Immigration Laws Upset At GOP Politicizing Iowa Student's Death...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

ARE NOT generalizing a "whole population" of immigrants....just the ones who BREAK OUR LAWS BY COMING HERE ILLEGALLY.

No kidding...

How mentally deficient does a person have to be to not understand a law has been broken at step one.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
President Trump is right, as usual, about the illegal immigrants. I am sick of it. I am sick of the unmitigated Lies coming from the Democrats (my old party). A family destroyed, and a young woman is dead. Next time it could be you wife or daughter or grandchild. When is enough, enough? This could lead to violence in the streets very easily.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What a devious CRIMINAL, this POS is...and to think, he SHOULDN'T BE IN THE US IN THE FIRST PLACE! I guess I'm "pandering to a certain emotional base" by stating THE TRUTH!

The illegal alien and accused murderer of 20-year-old college student Mollie Tibbetts used a stolen ID to make it seem as though he was working legally in the United States, a law enforcement source says.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

SHHHHH....they'll be people accusing you of "pandering to a certain emotional base."

edit on 8/22/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Can I ask you something? Are illegal immigrants the only people who commit crimes in this country? Would you say that they even commit the majority of crime in this country? If not, why are you conflating crimes with illegal immigrants when the vast majority of immigrants are peaceful? Sure, go after them for breaking the immigration laws but don't go after them because of crimes they did not commit. This is an argument from pure ignorance. You (general term) are conflating two separate issues in order to pander to a certain emotional base of people.

You do realize that if they were not here, then the crimes would not be committed?

It's a pretty simple concept. It isn't conflating anything.

It is you that are conflating immigrants with illegal aliens.

The first thing they did upon entering the country is... broke the law.

Now they are fugitives... legally.

So why would they worry about other laws?

Why people don't understand this simple concept is the definition of ignorance.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Such an odd case. More media coverage then the missing CDC worker. Strange Updates with really no new info. But just enough to make headlines For a Month. Then Comes Pence. 6 Days later found..... Fine I’ll be the first to say it. False Flag. In the style of SH just this times it favors the Rights interest.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
when it comes to crime in America, the societal ethos on severity and punishment is becoming increasingly proportional to whom committed a similar crime or entirely whom committed the crime rather than the crime itself. ... but

the operative term in illegal immigration is the word 'illegal'.
I'm all for tougher borders and stronger immigration policies.
the few who abuse the system make it hard for the many who work hard to enter the country legally.

I have relatives abroad who were denied a Visa to visit my mother having recently been a cancer survivor, because so many have abused the system and think they can commit repercussion-less crimes.

yes everyone commit crimes... but why add an unnecessary fuhckery when theres enough fuhckery with the current population...

kinda like death caused by Tesla cars' faulty batteries or auto pilot faults; sure all cars can have accidents, but we're just adding another variable with faulty autopilot software and shotty battery packs.
edit on 22-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Can I ask you something? Are illegal immigrants the only people who commit crimes in this country? Would you say that they even commit the majority of crime in this country? If not, why are you conflating crimes with illegal immigrants when the vast majority of immigrants are peaceful? Sure, go after them for breaking the immigration laws but don't go after them because of crimes they did not commit. This is an argument from pure ignorance. You (general term) are conflating two separate issues in order to pander to a certain emotional base of people.

You do realize that if they were not here, then the crimes would not be committed?

It's a pretty simple concept. It isn't conflating anything.

It is you that are conflating immigrants with illegal aliens.

The first thing they did upon entering the country is... broke the law.

Now they are fugitives... legally.

So why would they worry about other laws?

Why people don't understand this simple concept is the definition of ignorance.

good point.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Forget about this? Trump took notice and Democrats were booing.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You realize that if John Wayne Gacy wasn't living here that none of those people he killed would have died? Guess what, there are plenty of other people who were born right here in America that do the same sort of things every day. What should we do about them and why aren't we on a tirade about them?

You think a wall is going to keep people out? If so, where is it and why hasn't Trump started building it? All talk no action it seems. Almost as if it were a campaign lie to get more votes.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

You realize that if John Wayne Gacy wasn't living here that none of those people he killed would have died? Guess what, there are plenty of other people who were born right here in America that do the same sort of things every day. What should we do about them and why aren't we on a tirade about them?

You think a wall is going to keep people out? If so, where is it and why hasn't Trump started building it? All talk no action it seems. Almost as if it were a campaign lie to get more votes.

You seriously aren't living up to your name. I'll repeat it again. Change your name you hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

YES...a wall will help keep people out and yes you keep deflecting the issue over and over, like a broken record. People break laws in this country...they get punished when caught. People who enter our country illegally, get punished by being detained then removed. Simple concept, huh? Oh yeah..there's a reason why Trump's wall isn't being built, perhaps you overlooked it.

Five years ago, the entire Senate Democratic caucus voted for hundreds of miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border. How times have changed. Democrats are now blasting President Trump's border wall demands as “ineffective” and “unreasonable,” as they battle his initial $18 billion request. And Republicans, along with other border-security advocates, are countering by accusing Democrats of flipping their position now that Trump is president.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 8/22/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to: shawmanfromny

Here's stats from the Texas Department of Public Safety (Texas State Police) that are documented:

"According to DHS status indicators, over 261,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and July 31, 2018, of which over 175,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS."

"Between June 1, 2011 and July 31, 2018, these 175,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 273,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 505 homicide charges; 30,408 assault charges; 5,396 burglary charges; 34,555 drug charges; 365 kidnapping charges; 15,100 theft charges; 22,213 obstructing police charges; 1,569 robbery charges; 3,212 sexual assault charges; 2,022 sexual offense charges; and 2,754 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 112,000 convictions including 225 homicide convictions; 12,540 assault convictions; 2,967 burglary convictions; 16,762 drug convictions; 152 kidnapping convictions; 6,741 theft convictions; 10,720 obstructing police convictions; 950 robbery convictions; 1,567 sexual assault convictions; 1,076 sexual offense convictions; and 1,194 weapon convictions."

Source: www.dps.texas.gov...

We are tired of it here in Texas, and we are just one state. Nationwide, the stats are much higher as a whole group.

Time to do a major house cleaning, and deport ALL illegal aliens with felony records.
edit on 8/22/2018 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Who are you? I don't know if I've ever run across you before so I don't know why you're saying you'll "say it again", I don't recall you saying it the first time. Different name?

Anyways, I'm simply saying that using one murder as a reason illegals shouldn't be here is stupid. Americans murder other Americans all the time so how can murder be a reason that illegals shouldn't be here? Isn't them breaking immigration laws enough of a reason in itself? Apparently not, now we have to pin one murder on all immigrants who are here illegally (and peacefully). Not a very fair argument. It's the same exact reasoning as pinning a school shooting on all gun owners, it's stupid.
edit on 8/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Who are you? I don't know if I've ever run across you before so I don't know why you're saying you'll "say it again", I don't recall you saying it the first time. Different name?

Maybe check your inbox. I've repeated it in several threads.

In any case. What your justifying is throwing more dry wood in an already raging inferno. Because feelings.

But, we're through here. I already know your argument and it's not all "enlightened".

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What is the dry wood I'm throwing in here? Isn't sensationalizing and politicizing this whole thing what is throwing wood on the fire? Sounds like you have it very backwards. I'm not telling anyone to freak out about anything, you guys are though.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Can I ask you something? Are illegal immigrants the only people who commit crimes in this country? Would you say that they even commit the majority of crime in this country?

What is the relevancy of the percentage of illegal immigrant crime vs citizen crime?

So what if illegal immigrants commit crime less so than citizens? Does that negate the legitimacy of worrying about and fixing illegal immigrant crime? And if so how so?

It's like saying "Yea what about black on black murder?" As a defense against minorities protesting about police shootings. Yes black on black murder is large than police shootings but that has no significance to ligimatly protesting police shootings.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

There is no "undocumented person" in the US . Only illegal aliens
The statement of being "undocumented" resulted from Debbie Wasserman's Schultz's infamous line when she was Chair of the DNC

" Those Republicans , they think everything illegal is against the law" in reference to illegal aliens.
Makes sense ?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

What is the relevancy of this murder to any other illegal immigrant? That's the real question. Unless you are saying that every illegal immigrant is bound to murder someone then it makes absolutely no sense to use this as a knock against illegal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So what if illegal immigrants commit crime less so than citizens? Does that negate the legitimacy of worrying about and fixing illegal immigrant crime?

And on the flip side, every illegal has committed a crime. (I know, some give them that first one for free.) I am going with it is a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join