It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foes Of Immigration Laws Upset At GOP Politicizing Iowa Student's Death...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I knew this was going to happen after an undocumented person was arrested for the tragic murder of Mollie Tibbetts. People in this country are fed up with illegal immigrants committing crimes in this country. It's not about race, or the color of one's skin...it's about breaking US laws and the fact that some areas in this country are providing safe harbor for illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities. Do you think Tucker Carlson makes good points in the following video clip?

So why is it OK for Democrats and Liberals to "politicize" about gun laws and gun ownership in this country, after every tragic mass shooting? It's OK for them to demand for tougher gun laws, or even banning certain guns from being sold, all while portraying law abiding gun owners as "paranoid" or "dangerous" people. However, bring up a case where an "illegal" commits a heinous crime, then they go crazy and argue that it is in poor taste to politicize these crimes. I say BS. Liberals and Democrats expect the rest of the country to be OK with them politicizing shootings and then demanding for gun control, but are upset and shocked that many Americans and some members of the GOP, are politicizing the tragic murder of a young woman, by demanding that a border wall be built.

The Tibbetts family has been permanently separated. They are not alone. pic.twitter.com/BBskwHEJoU — The White House (@WhiteHouse) August 22, 2018 This isn’t just an off-the-cuff Trump tweet; it’s from the official White House account and features official-looking video. It’s deliberate political messaging, meant to turn a case that had attracted nationwide attention for weeks into an opportunity to reiterate Trump’s very favorite rhetorical theme: that many immigrants, specifically unauthorized immigrants, are criminals who want to kill you.

He has cultivated relationships with “Angel Families” (families of people killed by unauthorized immigrants) and trotted them out at several events throughout his campaign and presidency, from the Republican National Convention in 2016 to the State of the Union in 2018. He has ranted about MS-13, helping to overhype the threat the Salvadoran-American street gang poses to white native-born Americans.

But it’s also revealing that the White House is so insistent — that it thinks the death of a single white University of Iowa student allegedly at the hands of someone who lacked legal status justifies anything they might do in the name of keeping out other people who lack legal status.

www.vox.com...

GETS BETTER.........................

The White House Is Politicizing Mollie Tibbetts’ Murder To Push Its Racist Policies

Today, the tragic news broke that 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts, who went missing on July 18, was found dead. Twenty-four-year-old undocumented immigrant Cristhian Bahena Rivera has been charged with her murder. Because of this, the White House is politicizing Tibbetts’ murder to back up its racist immigration policies instead of properly mourning the murdered college student.

In a video posted to the White House’s official Twitter page, the parents of other individuals who have been killed by undocumented immigrants talk about the tragic events of their children’s deaths. They, then, hone in on the fact that each killer was an “illegal alien” who “wasn’t supposed to be here.”

nylon.com...

For those who feel insulted by the many people "politicizing" the tragic and senseless death of Mollie Tibbetts:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Can I ask you something? Are illegal immigrants the only people who commit crimes in this country? Would you say that they even commit the majority of crime in this country? If not, why are you conflating crimes with illegal immigrants when the vast majority of immigrants are peaceful? Sure, go after them for breaking the immigration laws but don't go after them because of crimes they did not commit. This is an argument from pure ignorance. You (general term) are conflating two separate issues in order to pander to a certain emotional base of people.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Excellent post and thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Her family feels the same way about republicans using her death as a political tool.

edit on 22-8-2018 by damonster because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah yeah, the left never uses a school shooting to beat their anti gun drums..

Never let a tragedy go to waste, politics 101

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes , he does . Will it Change some Peoples Deluded Minds on the subject of Immigration ? Sadly No ...........(

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So that makes it ok to use a girls death as a political tool! Two wrongs make a right! Yay hypocrisy!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why should it? Is murder unique to illegal immigrants? Or are we still conflating two separate issues in order to stroke our emotions and justify our political opinions? It's exactly like saying we should ban guns because a few psychos decide to kill people with them. They're both dumb idea, dumb dumb dumb.
edit on 8/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A pretty white girl goes missing and the media has a frenzy.

When was the last missing black girl cnn ran a story on?

Yay! Hypocrites abound

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

can I ask you something? Are illegals from any culture (already willing to break federal law) not thickening the pool of potential criminals?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Hey, I was talking about your hypocrisy, not CNN's. But yes, since you bring them up you are both hypocrites on the same level as each other.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Crossing a border is much different than taking someone's life in cold blood. In fact, we have plenty of people born right here in America that kill their neighbors all the time.

You're conflating two separate issues.
edit on 8/22/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

C'mon I'm not ignorant of those facts. However, I am appalled at why you don't understand the main cause of people's anger. It's about people like you, who are seemingly OK about people who BREAK THE LAW by entering our country ILLEGALLY and commit crimes. Like you stated, we ALREADY have enough crime issues in our country that are committed by LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS. Why then would you be OK with crime being committed by people WHO SHOULDN' T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? How can you even ask me that question after watching Tucker's video clip? Can I ask you a question? WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM? Pander to emotions? Then what about LIBERALS and DEMOCRATS, making it like all law abiding gun owners are evil and irresponsible and then holding them accountable for the actions of criminals and gang bangers? Where's the sense in that? We're not talking about law abiding people, when we discuss the issue of undocumented people are we? No, we are not. We are, in fact talking about people who BROKE OUR LAWS and PEOPLE LIKE YOU coming up with lame excuses.
edit on 8/22/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

thats rather bollux atm...everyone is worried about separating kids from parents that literally gave their kids to predator coyotes in order to get chain migration.

sure...let my 7 year old go get my smokes / sarc

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We have enough POS we don't need illegal ones is the bottom line.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Mass shooting

GOP: DON'T POLITICIZE IT! Thoughts and prayers.

Illegal Immigrant commits murder

GOP: OMG!! IF ONLY THE LAST ADMINISTRATION DID SOMETHING ABOUT THE BORDER!! BUILD THE WALL!!!! RABBBBBBLLEE!!! RABBBBBBLEEE!!! RABBBBBBLLLLEEE!!!

Side note, this murder worked for a GOP official. Why would a GOP official hire a so called illegal immigrant? Btw, his lawyer says he's not illegal.

Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’ murder worked on farm owned by Iowa GOP family

Let's all just be happy he's been caught and will be in prison for a long time.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Mass shooting

GOP: DON'T POLITICIZE IT! Thoughts and prayers.

Illegal Immigrant commits murder

GOP: OMG!! IF ONLY THE LAST ADMINISTRATION DID SOMETHING ABOUT THE BORDER!! BUILD THE WALL!!!! RABBBBBBLLEE!!! RABBBBBBLEEE!!! RABBBBBBLLLLEEE!!!

Don't forget..

GOP: Abortion is murder, SAVE THE CHILDREN

GOP: Why is it my job to pay for someone else's childs welfare or unwanted child.
edit on 22-8-2018 by damonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

no sir, Im not conflating anything. I believe you may be...lets say you live in a house with 10 people of varied backgrounds. 3 of which are committing crimes the other 7...would allowing 5 or 20 unkown others given statistics improve the desired safety of said home?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: damonster

Good for them. Does that mean we have to tape up our mouths shut and ignore the issue? Sam is the small-minded person IMO, because people ARE NOT generalizing a "whole population" of immigrants....just the ones who BREAK OUR LAWS BY COMING HERE ILLEGALLY. However, I can be VERY honest and say that I would not have reacted in that way, if that was my daughter killed. I'm willing to bet, there are millions who'd feel the same way too.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: damonster

Good for them. Does that mean we have to tape up our mouths shut and ignore the issue? Sam is the small-minded person IMO, because people ARE NOT generalizing a "whole population" of immigrants....just the ones who BREAK OUR LAWS BY COMING HERE ILLEGALLY. However, I can be VERY honest and say that I would not have reacted in that way, if that was my daughter killed. I'm willing to bet, there are millions who'd feel the same way too.

But do you respect their wishes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join