It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the deceiver or not ..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The book of scrolls. I found it under my bed, Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

nah you might google and copy paste, but I don't. What I write comes from my own mind, generally from personal experience.

And oh noes. Blasphemy! Well if God's got a problem with me speaking my mind I'm sure he/she/it will tell me themselves.
But thanks for being judgmental in their place in the mean time.
If I get to hell before you I'll save you a seat next to me.

Big problem with the Bible (or should I say Bibles) though, is not very clear on what Hell is, and you can have 1 million people read those books and walk away with a different take on what the words say.
Might explain why so many splinter cells exist in Christianity.
Adventists, Mormons, Baptists, Catholics, Protestants and many more.

Just so we know where you're coming from some questions for you.

Which particular Christian Cult are you a part of?

Which particular version of the Bible do you read?

What is hell to you? Please be as descriptive as possible.
Is it being in a 'sleep state' or unconsciousness as some say in the bible, or is it living in the gut of a whale as other stated?
Maybe you envision good old classic fire and demons and suffering and such?

How do you feel when you preach to others but then reject those same teachings when tested on them?

What if you found out I am a test from God and you have failed it hard?

What's your favourite method Jesus uses to cure blindness? Just laying hands on them? Or spitting in dirt and rubbing it in peoples eyes?

Be helpful if you could answer those.
I mean I'd like to make sure we're referencing the same biblical rewrites in our discussion, and understand how you perceive the context of parables and such when you read them.

I'd mean, I'd feel really stupid If I found out I was referring to King James: The Hogwarts Years 3rd Edition, and you were quoting the Book of Mormon.

Your Bible might start with "In the beginning." and mine may say "This bible was placed here courtesy of the Gideons."
Really need to ensure we're reading the same lines of text with the same context here.

But who am I kidding. You're just gonna selectively quote me and bold stuff and and lovingly throw things like blasphemer at me like usual aren't you?

I may be a blasphemer. But at least I'm not a hypocrite and I not only love you, I also forgive you of any transgressions against me. NSA.

edit on 2-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo stuff

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

This Book of Scrolls? Formerly called the Book of Books, the Lesser Book of the Sons of Fire, and The Third Book of the Bronzebook?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Listen, there's no point in us having this discussion. You've made it clear that you don't believe or like the God of the Bible, so why keep discussing what it is that you hate about is so much? It is what it is. I've posted scripture showing what the Bible says. I'm sorry that you don't like it. I forgive you too.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Matthew 22:29-30

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Sorry, but I don't believe that there will be marriage or sex in heaven, as there will be no need for it.

I believe that the reason Jesus refers to His church as His "bride" is because our commitment will be to Him in heaven. There's no reason to have such a commitment to anyone else while we are there.

You are not the Saducee, aren't you?
I asked because the verse is meant to rebuke the Saducee who intend to ridicule Jesus with Moses Law with regard to 7 brothers marriage to one woman. Hence, the reason Jesus say, "Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

Refer to commentaries, the verse apparently isn't the final verdict or end statement to marriage in heaven.

Notice what Jesus does not say. He does not say there will be no marriage in the age to come. The use of the terms “γαμουσιν” (gamousin) and “γαμιζονται” (gamizontai) is important, for these terms refer to the gender-specific roles played in early Jewish society by the man and the woman in the process of getting married. The men, being the initiators of the process in such a strongly patriarchal culture, “marry,” while the women are “given in marriage” by their father or another older family member. Thus Mark has Jesus saying that no new marriages will be initiated in the eschatological [resurrection] state. This is surely not the same as claiming that all existing marriages will disappear in the eschatological state.”

(Ben Witherington III, The Gospel of Mark: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary, p. 328, italics added)

First, we see that it was made in response to an attempt by the Sadducees to trap the Lord. Consequently, it would not have been the Lord’s final word on the subject. Why should the Lord scatter pearls before them that they would only trample underfoot? (See Matt. 7:6.) They were no more prepared to listen to a discourse on eternal marriage than they were prepared to accept the reality of the resurrection.

Second, the Lord did not say there would be no people in the married state in the resurrection, but that there would be no marriages made in the resurrection.

Third, we must be clear about the “they” who are neither marrying nor being given in marriage. The context of the scriptures just cited suggests a generic rather than a specific meaning. Simply put, that means no marriages are made in the resurrection. The Lord was warning the Sadducees. They were Jews of the day who had rejected him and therefore had no access to the higher ordinances of the Melchizedek Priesthood. How could these men, whom Jesus had called a “generation of vipers” (Matt. 3:7), qualify for the highest blessings of the celestial kingdom?

What the Savior declared of the Sadducees who would later have part in his death is hardly applicable to his Saints who, through the ordinances of the priesthood and their righteousness, qualify for exaltation in the celestial kingdom, which the Lord equates with eternal marriage. (See D&C 132:19–24.)

www.lds.org...

I would add, this verse is direct contradiction with many other Biblical verses that sanction eternal marriage. For example:

1) Mark 10:6-9 = God instituted marriage and gives it His blessing. (See also Genesis 1:27, 28; Hebrew 13:4)

2) Genesis 2:18 = God created humans with an innate need and desire for the close bond that marriage provides. (See also Proverbs 18:22)

3) Genesis 2:23, 24 = Husband and wife become “one” in the marriage bond. (See also Matthew 19:5, 6)

4) Ecclesiastes 9:9 = Marriage is a lifelong commitment. (See also Proverbs 5:18)

5) Ephesians 5:28, 33 = Husbands and wives are to love and respect each other.

6) II Corinthians 6:14 = Husbands and wives should be bonded together with a similarity of beliefs, goals, and objectives. (See also Deuteronomy 7:3, 4; Genesis 24:3, 4)

7) Exodus 20:17 = Husbands and wives are to be sexually faithful to each other in the marriage relationship. (See also Leviticus 18:20)

8) Matthew 5:32 = Adultery is the only biblically acceptable reason for divorce.

9) Isaiah 62:5 = An ideal marriage relationship mirrors God’s loving relationship with His people. (See also Isaiah 54:5; Ephesians 5:25)

10) Proverbs 31:10 = A strong marriage relationship is a precious thing.

What did God says in Genesis?

And the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." . . . So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, He took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib (side) he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (Gen 2:18, 21 22)

God says, it is not good for the man to be alone.

So no, resurrection isnt about becoming angels. It is about becoming LIKE angel. This is simply two different things. Angel does not have gender and sexless. Human do.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow
Maybe this article describe Matthew 22:29-30 better than I do.

So God does a two stage creation of man. First he makes the full orbed being (Adam, which in the Hebrew means, mankind). Then in phase two, God removes woman from Adam's side and makes Eve a separate being, though of Adam's substance, designed to ultimately reunite to her source through the mystery of Holy Matrimony.

And the spark, the power of that union is meant to gloriously reveal the very image of God to angels and archangels and all the company of heaven and earth. That is why Satan fights tooth and nail to pervert and distort rightly ordered human sexuality, holy matrimony, the family, and fatherhood in particular.

In fact, the amount of time and effort that Satan expends to destroy the image of God reflected in marriage, fatherhood and human sexuality is a barometer of just how incredibly important it is to God's plan and the expression of His glory.

Beloved, there is a profound and awesome reason for the way God ordered the creation of man—one that is commented on throughout Scripture, and one that we must observe if we are to find the fulfillment of our very being as humans. It is ordered as the union of a man and a woman in marriage—heterosexual and monogamous—an order that Jesus unambiguously reaffirmed in Matthew.
www.focusonthefamily.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yep, that's usually the response these discussions end with when I start to get to questions such as those.
But thanks for the very one sided and mostly selective conversation.
I look forward to the next one.

Keep on practicing what you preach and keeping the faith brother/sister.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Atomic, you're not fooling anyone. You're not looking for anyone to give you answers, you just want to battle them. Talk about one sided conversations. You've already made it clear that you aren't interested in any of it, so why keep asking? I think we both know the answer to that question.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Personally, I think you're leaving out the real reason that God instituted marriage on earth. It was to procreate and raise happy and healthy children with two parents to guide them. We won't need any of that in the next life. God is our guide. We are God's bride. Just like the Bible verse says, we'll be like the angels. We won't be "human" any more. Angels didn't get married either.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Personally, I think you're leaving out the real reason that God instituted marriage on earth. It was to procreate and raise happy and healthy children with two parents to guide them. We won't need any of that in the next life. God is our guide. We are God's bride. Just like the Bible verse says, we'll be like the angels. We won't be "human" any more. Angels didn't get married either.

No we don't procreate. But God doesn't create Adam only, like He create non-gender Angels. God create woman to be one with man, unseparated through marriage. If one to become angel, then what of woman? Since woman can't exist without man. It is the genesis of creation human. Angels are never meant to be coexistence as pair. Therefore man and woman can never be angel. Human always created in pair and known to behave "erratically". Surely you don't expect God to change woman into sexless angels? Woman are not trained to be emotionless independent since God's curse both Adam and Eve. Procreation isn't the all end for God.

** If Thomas can identify resurrected Jesus as man, so can anyone identify resurrected Mary as a woman. If resurrected Jesus or ascended Elijah retain his gender, then why can't everyone else? If God retain human gender, then it make no sense man and woman won't be united and unseperated as God intended.
edit on 2-9-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Listen, there's no point in us having this discussion.

But still, you keep on replying.....

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: SourcePage

Sorry, Source, but your very first post dogging this site for quieting people who claim to have been abducted by aliens is suspect regarding your spiritual contacts. Once again, I think you're playing with fire.

Drop dead you spiritual retard. You are just an ignorant tool of satan. That is a fact. Jesus states in the Bible that He will manifest to you, & The Father will also. But you say that no one can see God. So you are calling Jesus (GOD) a liar. So you are actually a demon pretending to be a christian. LOL.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Jesus states in the Bible that He will manifest to you, & The Father will also.

Outside of dreams or visions (which doesn't state anything about God appearing in them), where does the Bible say that Jesus will actually manifest to us outside of the Millennial Kingdom? Where does it say he will do this on earth outside of His second coming?
edit on 2-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So you are actually a demon pretending to be a christian. LOL.

So says the person who plays with spiritual entities leading them to believe in alien abductions.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

you insult people who try to help & then you think you can ask them for all their info? You are insane.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Give it up! You've got nothing anyway. Someone who claims to have spoken to thousands of aliens hasn't really talked to God either, you've just been fooled by the "alien" / demons that you play with.

LOL! You have the nerve to talk about insults?! You're hilarious! No one needs your kind of fake help.

edit on 2-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
God is also the governing force & has various levels of government & various levels of office etc, that all appear at face value to be disconnected. That is why Satan appears to be separated from God, or the enemy of God. It is just an office that keeps the humans at the lower level where they cannot interfere with God & paradise; which are on a parallel plane right with you now. God often takes me to Paradise & to The Garden of Eden. And I am not a christian at all. I am just an ordinary person who observed God in action. So I do not preach from the bible or believe what most christians believe. From meeting God I know far more than the bible or any christian knows about God. However people are very simple creatures & so religion is all they have to guide them in their day to day lives in some respect. So I don't want to phase out religions, I want to update them so that people can actually meet God as religions are supposed to let people do. We have christianity that says it follows Jesus & yet it does not believe what Jesus clearly states. So it has its head up its ass & sees only its own misinterpretation of the bible. So that is a major problem that has to be fixed

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You keep talking about what Jesus stated, but you're not providing any biblical back up. That's how Satan works. The Bible warned us about people like you, which is precisely why it's important to know what it says. Dabbling in divination or mysticism was against God/Jesus' commands for a reason. You're proof of that. You've been deceived.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I meet God face to face every day or so. God takes me to other worlds & teaches me all things. Christians are some of the stupidest people on earth. Throw your bibles away or burn them. They will not help you. Instead open your minds & hearts to God & ask God to manifest to you. Then you will learn far more than any corrupted priest or book can teach you

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Now you're just repeating yourself, but if you insist, I will too.

This is precisely why we have Bibles. To compare what's true against that which is not. You haven't done your research, so you've been fooled.

As a matter of fact, Jesus consistently told his disciples to refer to scripture and here are some reasons why...

Luke 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

John 5:46

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Bible verses on Divination and why it should not be practiced...

www.openbible.info...

Bible verses regarding scripture itself...

www.openbible.info...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join