It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the deceiver or not ..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: TzarChasm

Now which Sun God was it that died for his followers so that they might have eternal life? Oh, yeah, and not to mention raised from the dead himself to prove that what He said was true?!

i will give you a simple answer right now, but i think you should google it and do some reading for yourself. you have a lot of catching up to do.

Tammuz was the Sumerian god of food and vegetation and dates from c. 2000 BCE. His death was celebrated every spring. One version of the story has him living in the underworld for six months each year, alternating with his sister.

Osirus was killed by his brother Set and cut into many pieces and scattered. His wife Isis gathered the pieces together, and he was reincarnated as the Egyptian god of the underworld and judge of the dead. He was worshipped well before 2000 BCE.

Dionysus (known as Bacchus in Roman mythology) was the Greek god of wine and dates to the 1200s BCE. The son of Zeus and a mortal woman, Dionysus was killed and then brought back to life.

Adonis (from 600 BCE) is a Greek god who was killed and then returned to life by Zeus.

Attis (from 1200 BCE) is a vegetation god from central Asia Minor, brought back to life by his lover Cybele.

In Canaanite religion, Baal (Baʿal) was part of a cycle of life and death. Baal and Mot are sons of the supreme god El (yes, one of the names of the Jewish god). When El favored the death god Mot over Baal, the heat of the summer took over and Baal died. He was resurrected when his sister-wife killed Mot.

it should be noted that traditional sun god worship and the dying-and-rising archetype have been modified from their historical versions and formatted for "modern society". superficial alterations do not detract from the core concept that a cosmic paternal figure was inspired by the relationship between planet earth and the sun and we worship this astronomical phenomenon because we are smart enough to figure out that sunlight is pretty important to our carbon based biology.
edit on 26-8-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Got it. You just proved that no other god laid down his own life for his followers in order that they might have eternal life.

John 10:11-18

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Got it. You just proved that no other god laid down his own life for his followers in order that they might have eternal life.

John 10:11-18

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

sounds like something a deceiver would tell you to make sure you buy his snake oil.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's the decision that everyone will eventually have to make for themselves.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

See, still targeting me instead of God and the points others present to you.

OP title is "Satan the Deceiver" it relates to you know, biblical stuff, which would include God.
Which I have addressed and you choose to ignore.

OP Title is not "Let's psychoanalyze AtomicKangaroo and assess him as a human"

Please try to keep up.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Hey, you were the one who said you were the exception and not the rule on being deceived by the ego.

Satan deceives people by leading them to believe that they should be able to do or believe whatever they want instead of living out the will of God. That's exactly how Satan works. It's the same old story that goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden, no one is immune to it, no matter what you choose to believe about yourself.

The question is, do you choose to overcome it through the power of God or not? It's really that simple.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The question is, do you choose to overcome it through the power of God or not? It's really that simple.

I do things through the power of myself. That's as simple as it gets.

How or why you and I are here and do what we do? I know as much as you do in that regard.

Does God drop around for coffee and a chat every other week?

Honestly you do not know. You just believe that is how thing are.
And I am okay with that, I am not trying to change your beliefs.

But in saying that you're not going to change mine at this rate either.

I truly have free will. Do you?

I am good without god my actions are my own. Are you good because of god? Do you do as you do because you choose to or because you're told to?

If I asked for all your material possessions. Would you give them to me?

If none shall judge but god, then why are you judging people?

I do as I am done by not because a book tells me to. But because I know it's just how it should be done.

The only sins I commit are against my self.

And I'm okay with that.

What I am not ok with though is being controlled. By man or deity alike.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
'Satan' is a concept and so is 'God' and 'Jesus' too....................the one that believes in concepts is deceived!
Those that have ears hear...........those that have eyes see.

Seeing and hearing are non conceptual..............prior to conception lies the truth.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I do things through the power of myself. That's as simple as it gets.

That's your first mistake.

How or why you and I are here and do what we do? I know as much as you do in that regard.

That's where you are wrong. You only believe that I know as little as you because that's what you CHOOSE to believe. It's all a choice and you've obviously made yours. You've chosen to not know.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Those that have ears hear...........those that have eyes see.

You're not fooling anyone by stealing Bible quotes to state something that is not biblical. It only proves your lack of understanding and the reason you contradict yourself in every statement you make.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What is the cause of unrest (opposed to being at rest and peace)? Fear, you fear God and you fear Satan. If you don't love God then Satan will get you...isn't that how it goes?

What if there is nothing other than what there actually IS? Is there anything to fear unless you believe in these concepts (God/Satan)?
The fear is that you can do life wrong and that is eternal hell.
When it is found that no one can do life wrong......that is eternal heaven.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

mmmm I love how you select like a seasoned editor what you respond to.

Me? I love cherries. But I hate picking them.

I sincerely love and forgive you my fellow human.
No strings attached. Truly without conditions.

May your life be a good one. And hey, if your version of heaven based on your faith exists for you, then more power to you. For you I truly wish it does.

But yeah as Freddy Mercury sung. "I want to break free".
After life or not. I want complete control over my life. Regardless of Gods and Demons.

Cannot help it, if they exist I feel compelled to defy them as I do not agree with some of their policies.
It's basically the same reason as why I hate 2 party politics and myths like democracy, aka freewill.
They're kind of similar when you think about it.

I would like my afterlife to be how I envision. Not how someone else does.
Is that asking too much?

Any ways. Have a good life and may no others ever harm you.

edit on 1-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: added stuff, fixed errors. systems rebooted.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I would like my afterlife to be how I envision. Not how someone else does.
Is that asking too much?

It can be if the way you envision it breaks the laws that God created!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I am good without god my actions are my own. Are you good because of god? Do you do as you do because you choose to or because you're told to?

I follow God's will out of choice. I've seen where my own poor choices can lead. Besides, God knows everyone's hearts. He knows why people do what they do. There's no hiding from that.

If I asked for all your material possessions. Would you give them to me?

Not if you're going to squander them for some selfish foolishness.

If none shall judge but god, then why are you judging people?

To some degree, we're required to. The only thing I can't do is condemn you. Only God has the power to do that.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The fear is that you can do life wrong and that is eternal hell.
When it is found that no one can do life wrong......that is eternal heaven.

Thing is, at least in Christian texts. Hell is not eternal.

Everyone gets out in the end.
Death and Santa.. I mean Satan... get cast into the lake of Sulfur and fire and suffer the '2nd Death'.
Which is oblivion. True non-existence.
No human soul that ever existed will suffer that 'true death'.

Everyone get's into 'heaven' aka Earth 2.0 in the end. Just like a luxury cruise, there is various packages and classes though. No matter how good some of us were we''ll be 2nd class. Some, the 'chosen' will be 1st class simply based on their race/religious beliefs combination on Earth 1.0

Bible says we never die. But that we basically 'ascend'. Life never stops it just continues. Evolves.
Butterfly from the cocoon if you will.
'Death' is an upgrade to us mostly, but it's also a few downgrades to.

So how does it work if 'serial killers' are allowed into heaven along with 'saints' and everyone in between?
How can radical Muslims live an eternity along side radical Christians and Jews?
How can Catholics live along side Protestants or even Buddhists?

How can it work???

Regardless of your faith, race and how you lived, the Christian/Jewish/Muslim God is gonna snap you up and force you onto his team.
Eventually we ALL convert and come to love God. Even if we don't want to. Every one of us.
And that's where the real afterlife aka heaven starts.

Mind wipe for everybody. That's how it works. I posted this elsewhere around here, but the bible says you're going to have your personality basically ripped out from you. (more like gently erased I think)

Memories of who you are now, the life you lived, things you did GONE. Permanently. No recovering the save game.
Even your name GONE.
No trace of who you are just the consciousness you are. your 'light' your 'soul'

You'll just be a pure being with no darkness or hate in your heart. Just humans who will be ageless and perfect and essentially as we are now. Your immortal soul is downloaded into a flawless immortal shell.

Next God is going to # with our minds and perception of reality and nerf our free will.
Because he is going to live among us in a human form.
And apparently we need to be as pure as the driven snow to be in his presence.

So now we're formatted.
Time to boot up the OS and reinstall our souls program with some new updates.

So let's look at some of the changes.
We'll just unquestionably love him, no thinking about it. It'll be just as natural as breathing air.
But no doubt it will feel like you chose to love him. All good though he will love us back and it will always feel good to have him around.

Personal identification Software removed.
Human 2.0 comes with the built in ability to not see one human differently to another.

Looking at black skin will feel no different to looking at white. Illicit no response.
People will be truly 'colour blind'. You will just perceive anyone you meet as just another human.
The ability to identify anyone is completely removed. No one has a name. No one remembers each other.
Well everyone has a name. A name God gives them, and ONLY God will know ad use that name.

You could have tea and biscuits with Hitler, Ghandi, Osama Bin Laden and Britney Spears and you will not even know it. You will enjoy their company.
You meet Charles Manson and you will feel love for the man like he was your sweet old Nanna.
Because you won't know what he did. He won't either.
Because none of it matters any more. Past is the past and it is going to be buried there. History as we know it by this time has literally ceased to exist.
The memories are gone. Only God knows all that occurred until this point. And he'll never tell.
You could meet your wife or husband and never know. They're no longer your partner. They have no commitment or obligations to you any more.
They are only your 'soul mate' here and now.

Talk about the ultimate white washing of the past conspiracy.

Limiters Enabled:
Say goodbye to sin. All evil is gone with the '0 Deadly Sins' patch.
No longer will anyone want to harm another person for any reason.
You'll never hate or get mad again.
"bad" traits are just gone. You're good by default and incapable of thinking bad thoughts.
Why? Because like your old personality they just won't exist anymore.

Removal of Materialistic Desires.
Always trying to keep up with the Jones's? Do so no more as you no longer want a bigger TV than your neighbour.
The measuring contests and green eyed monsters go away when you remove all that pesky materialism from the world.
Cannot be jealous of a TV when they don't exist.
Welcome to life with only that which is essential to your eternal life and nothing else.
No TV, No Ferrari's, no 50 room mansions. Could be some toilets made of gold though? Because gold is now worthless (which it always has been, monetarily speaking.) because some of us are still possibly going to need to poop.
You're just not going to give a damn about what other people own.

Shame Be Gone 1.1
Also added to the latest updates is a return of the pre-apple event favourite and original OS feature.
Lose your fig leaf. Who cares? We know every bodies got one. You'll never ask "Do I look fat in this?" again.
No one with point and laugh at your genitals again.
That's if we even have genitals. Sex is for procreating after all. Do we need to breed if we live for ever?
Maybe we do and go explore the galaxy?
Either way for the first time in your life you'll truly have zero #s to give about what people think about you.
Because now they're not thinking of you. Not like that anymore any way.
Boobs? Yawn.
You won't give a damn if people think you're gay or trans or a feminist etc. Because you're no longer those things.

When you're hang up free, you have more time to spend on the things that matter. Increases your robot slaves production by 200% or your money back.

And much much more!!!

Now you're a new you, what next?

Well if you were born the right race and religion, religion is like a spiritual version of race if you think about it... you'll live with God in his "kingdom". A big walled city, with various gates, pearly, gold and such that will descend from the sky and permanently land on Earth 2.0

You'll never have to eat again, all you need is a drink from the fountain of life inside the city.
You'll even get some cool soaked in jesus blood robes to wear, so you can flex to everyone that 'you're special'.
You're God's favourites and you know it. # is gonna be good for you from now until forever.
Congratulations. You got the Golden ticket.

For everyone else, well sorry you're 2nd class citizens. But thankfully you don't care thanks to your upgrades and downgrades.
Several billion of us will live essentially as we do now. But forever and outside God's City.
Sorry, you're never getting in. Not even a day trip.
At least you won't get sick, or tired any more.

You might even have to eat. I'm not sure about poopin though.
Maybe an eternity is worth it?
I'd happily live forever as I do now if I knew true death was off the table and I'd never get ill again. Although I'll miss my violent video games lol.

And everyone lives happily ever after. The End

That's very basically how the Christian bible describes it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What I find truly confusing about how the Christian version of eternal paradise pans out is it tends to make our lives here and now seem kind of pointless.

If our memories and identities are wiped what's the point of experiencing the things that led to them.
May as well skip the end if none of now matters in the long run.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And everyone lives happily ever after. The End

That's very basically how the Christian bible describes it.

Sorry, not even close. Where did you dig up that information?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Everyone gets out in the end.
Death and Santa.. I mean Satan... get cast into the lake of Sulfur and fire and suffer the '2nd Death'.
Which is oblivion. True non-existence.
No human soul that ever existed will suffer that 'true death'.

Revelation 20:15

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:7-8

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
well satan is the office of angels that work for God at holding souls on earth where they endure hardships. This helps the souls to grow as they experience good & evil in themselves & others, & learn about the power & consequences of good & evil. This makes souls wise & then they are born into the spiritual realm. Satan therefore is an office of angels & any angel at all can play the part of satan on any given day & yet is just an ordinary angel all the rest of the time. That is why someone said that satan turned into an angel of light at one stage. It always was just an angel of light playing the part of satan for a moment to hold souls on the earth, & then it switched back to being an angel of light & left the person bewildered.

All my life I have met God face to face & been shown what Satan is. Jesus says people can meet Him & The Father God face to face but Christians say it is not possible. It is possible & it has happened to me countless times. But you have to meet God for yourself & start learning from the source. It is worthless for me to try & tell you anything because you have no reason to believe a word I or anyone else say.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join