It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan the deceiver or not ..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They say Satan is the great deceiver of mankind and we are taught this by God's followers , What if Satan is actually the good guy and God is the deceiver and has had everyone fooled through out the ages ? I mean realistically we are being threatened to worship and follow God , What kind of supreme being would need to do that ? We hear nothing from Satan's side and he's not threatening us to worship him or else . Why did God not want us to eat from the tree of knowledge but Satan did ?

This has always puzzled me how God earned the faith by saying bad things about Satan and not vice versa .

I'm not religious but I understand something has to make nothing and I will find out what it is someday.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Why did God not want us to eat from the tree of knowledge but Satan did ?

Because the God of the Old Testament was a bi-polar prick. Let Al explain it to you:

edit on 22-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's great totally forgot about that scene !

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Why did God not want us to eat from the tree of knowledge but Satan did ?

The tree of what knowledge?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Its actually a good point you bring up.

I was brought up christian, then turned hardcore atheist (evolutionist) in my 20's... But now in my 30's, I think its just better to play it safe by being agnostic... Just keep my options open, so to speak.

I mean, I know for a fact theirs people on this earth that are far more intelligent than me. Yet, I'm not convinced they have any idea about what this whole existence thing is about either... So why would I trust my own judgement?

Think I'll just kick back and wait to see what happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
We are also taught to beg/suplicate for blessings or help. Why would a God of love need anyone to beg him, or afraid of him. A decent human being see's someone who needs help is going to just help....not make the person in need beg.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Supposedly there was a war in Heaven and God won, casting Satan and his followers out. If I were to look at it objectively I'd say the winners of any war are the ones who write the history and generally tend to put their own spin on events making themselves look like the good guys and the losers look like the bad guys.

Not necessarily my personal opinion but it is a logical and unbiased one.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Satan was the "prosecuter" of God in the Hebrew faith, Lucipher the "light bringer" or in kabalistic terms...something different entirely, or rather deeper.

2 entirely different subjective notions...Lucipher, having vastly more meat to chew.

I can hear the minds already of the naive responding.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Gee. That's a tough one. Are you serious? John 8:44. Amazing that one of God's most primal complaints is against all liars, which He is not and has never been, but all of you have been liars, as well as the devil you emulate. They say there's no stupid question, but, clearly, that's debatable. Your comfort is going to be fleeting, calling God a liar, even if, perhaps especially if, you're trolling around His good name.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Typo.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

you need to direct your reply a little more, youre kinda just screaming into the wind
edit on 22-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

you know scrutinize your words so that they have meaning in the context you desire

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yeah BUDDY!! It says right in TheBible™ that it is the PROPER thing to do...

Think of a pamphlet at an auto dealer at a Chevy™ dealer. I would opine that it will read that the new Chevrolet™ is the bee's knees.

I know this is ATS™ and You want PROOF.. Go to any Church™ and ask the guy who makes a living there and ask "Should I come to this Church™? There is Your proof...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

lol what?
either your sarcasm isnt very clear, or i disagree

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A Creator Crafted this Universe, anyone who cannot see it is a Fool, because fools are myopic if not completely unaware of their surroundings. Now if this Creator created EVERYTHING, then we can see polar opposites in EVERYTHING. The Narrow path is the Center toward Equilibrium. But most choose the Rollercoaster/SeeSaw of Dualism and marvel at their Glorious Shame.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

God's mislead worshippers are the ones who threaten eternal damnation, not God himself.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yep... Lucifarianism

Lucifer (the light bringer) wanted man to have knowledge and be happy.

God, on the other hand, is like the government. Wanting people to be stupid and at ends with each other.
edit on 8/22/2018 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

I dont think the creator you site, feels as horribly towards his/ her creations as you do

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

to answer all your questions, it all makes sense because it's better drama and more entertaining. other this folk tale concocted by the Romans and the Jews (and others) wouldn't have lasted this long.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It is very easy to see that YOU have been deceived. Pretty severely too. (If you believe Satan is some good guy).

Satan hates all human beings with a kind of hatred that no human being can even comprehend fully.

It doesn't matter those who think they can "become his friend" by doing evil, because in the end, you will become just fodder for him to enjoy the suffering he will inflict upon those so deceived, (if you don't repent and seek deliverance from Christ).

edit on 22-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

who
.and how?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

According to a book written by men. Maybe it's you that has been deceived. There really isn't any proof of any of this. It's just what some people believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join