It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Jesus Christ and Heaven

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
On another topic. What scares me is if I get to heaven and then a loved one is not there making the afterlife not Heaven because my loved one is not there.

Maybe the afterlife exists, but not as heaven and hell. Maybe we all experience the same afterlife.
Maybe we're all conscious nodes of the same being experiencing itself, and heaven and hell are states of mind here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What a loaded question.

Personally, I do not cater into any man made religion created to control people.

My religion is nature and love, nothing more, nothing less.

That makes me free to do what ever I want to. And what I choose to do is be kind and live my life in a peaceful manner. Helping people when I can.

Doesn't really matter what happens when you die. Only the memories the people you have touched throughout life have of you.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

On another topic. What scares me is if I get to heaven and then a loved one is not there making the afterlife not Heaven because my loved one is not there.

When you get to believe anything you want to believe, why should you be scared?

I'm not a religious person, but as a kid I was told that heaven is exactly the way I want it to be.

It's yours. You get to create it the way you like.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
It's obvious who and where he is referring to.

I disagree. I'm aware of the generally vague and contradictory myths and Bible stories told to children. But since you seem to know exactly what the OP is talking about, would you care to enlighten me?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Maybe the afterlife exists, but not as heaven and hell. Maybe we all experience the same afterlife.
Maybe we're all conscious nodes of the same being experiencing itself, and heaven and hell are states of mind here on Earth.

Yea one of the things I play with in my mind is that we all get revived in the future to like the year 2769 or something. That would be cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I'm not a religious person, but as a kid I was told that heaven is exactly the way I want it to be.

I would like Heaven to be what I imagine but what if a evil entity replaces your loved one with a copy and the real them are trapped in a bad place. This is me doing the what if game... drives me crazy sometimes.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hi
I was just wondering if you need to believe in Jesus to get to heaven.
Some people say no and some people say yes.
I am confused.
I am not trying to be an ass or anything, I just want a straight answer.

In the Bible Jesus tells us, the Kingdom of God is within every one of us. Heaven is already within you. You need look no further than yourself... He even goes to visit the 'City Pineal'.

And remember that the Bible is a book full of stories. Changed, edited and manipulated over a very long time. As another poster mentioned beware of false prophets. As did Matthew...

Matthew 7:15-20 King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

www.biblegateway.com...

Ezekiel 12:2:

Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people.

Yet even though the Bible may be stories, if you have the eyes to see and ears to hear, you will be able to see and hear the message contained within these stories..

It is the same with many religions and cultures now, and throughout history. If you truly see and hear the messages that have been handed down through eons, the underlying message is the same..

edit on 22-8-2018 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
What a loaded question.

Personally, I do not cater into any man made religion created to control people.

That makes me free to do what ever I want to. And what I choose to do is be kind and live my life in a peaceful manner. Helping people when I can.

Doesn't really matter what happens when you die. Only the memories the people you have touched throughout life have of you.

Love, I hope is the ultimate energy. Then again there may be a flip side pure evil. I think though that Love wins, at least that is what I hope.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Yes. Jesus is the only way to heaven because Jesus is the one who created heaven. That's why Jesus says he is the way, the truth, and the life. For more information, start reading the book of John in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I guess Catholic Jesus, and Heaven from church... idk are there really more then one?

Well, you can believe that "Jesus" was an actual demi-god, fathered by the Supreme Entity, much like the heroes of Greek myths. You can also believe that Jesus was a regular human being, but imbued with a special spirit or quality by the Creator Being to act as its representative on Earth. God playing man, or man playing god? Was he always the same person? The New Testament says no. Was he a sorcerer? That's how he made his living. Or was he more of a literary amalgamation of a number of different people from the same era who claimed similar things?

As for "Heaven," well, do you believe it's a real place in the clouds where winged angels and the souls of deceased people live in peace as a reward for their good behavior on Earth, the way the Egyptians did? Or do you see it as a kind of timeless void free from the trials of existence? Do you keep your physical body, or do you become something else?

A reward, or a release?

Be careful, though. A lot of the things people believe about Jesus and Heaven are not actually acknowledged by the Church, and you might be surprised that a lot of people will think what you believe is sheer apostasy.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I would like Heaven to be what I imagine but what if a evil entity replaces your loved one with a copy and the real them are trapped in a bad place. This is me doing the what if game... drives me crazy sometimes.

Then you are trying too hard.

They call it "faith" for a reason.

Have faith, if that is what you choose to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Whether anybody likes it or not, here is your straight answer, link at the bottom. I believe you have to keep in mind it doesn't matter what you believe or want to believe, this doesn't alter truth. It's God's truth that matters, not man's opinions and imaginings.

According to the Christian faith, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and heaven. This is also very simple, Sunday school doctrine, so much so I'm always suspicious of such questions as wanting to start something, because this can be easily Googled to find the pertinent scripture. People are also very suspicious that somehow don't know the simplest Christianity to at least honestly answer this question, as most people are not doing so in this thread, I believe a lot of deceivers is what it amounts to, when the question is far from seminary level information. One has to wonder, as it's like asking if you can get to Japan on the interstate highway system, something with a pretty clear answer anybody could Google, worst case, if you can't find a child to answer it for you. Maybe you just got off a desert island you were stranded on.

Anyway, it is amazing you are unable to get an answer to Sunday school doctrine children learn that you ask it here, and likewise other adults here don't know the same said, basic doctrine children don't have a problem with? Whatever that weirdness, maybe you're Google challenged, there is a definitive answer. The website has sound, scriptural answers to many questions. By the way, anybody that doesn't like the true answer, according to Christian faith of Jesus Christ, don't attempt to argue with me, anyway, over what are undisputed givens of the Christian faith. That's not a useful conversation. Take your complaints up with God, though He is neither interested in taking this up with you, since He provided you all the answers, already, that you refuse to study, in His Book. Ironic you seek important truths in such forums, which are the least likely places to find straight answers and truth, as a lot of answers in this thread clearly prove, answers of no relationship to what Christianity teaches, whatsoever..

Jesus the only way to heaven?
edit on 22-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Addition.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: StallionDuck
It's obvious who and where he is referring to.

I disagree. I'm aware of the generally vague and contradictory myths and Bible stories told to children. But since you seem to know exactly what the OP is talking about, would you care to enlighten me?

Nah... You're saved in ignorance.

That was definitely sarcasm, just in case that wasn't clear. I rather not play your game.

Besides.. You seem to have a more ancient source than the 'bible'. So you must be A-ok

edit on 22-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
According to the Christian faith, Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and heaven.

That is accurate. If you buy into Christianity, then Jesus is the one and only way. It's very clear and simple, and one of the most fundamental things about Christianity. If someone doesn't agree with it, then they really can't honestly call themselves a Christian. They're just pickers and choosers like most people. Being a Christian is actually really difficult -- particularly when it comes to giving up all your possessions and your family. Most people choose to fudge it. Which sends them straight to Hell.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hi
I am confused.

So you came to the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum for answers? Let me ask YOU a question. Do you believe that a BILLION Chinese who have no idea what this Jesus business is will NOT go to heaven because they don't BELIEVE in this foreigner? How about a BILLION Muslims? How about a BILLION people living in Western countries who believe this Jesus business is utter nonsense? What kind of God would insist on that? Not very compassionate, don't you think? You want a straight answer. Okay. Christians will tell you yes, you must believe, or you're going to hell because they have drunk the Kool Aid on this issue. That's what they believe. Why do they believe that? Mostly because their Mommys told them so. In other words, it's passed down generation to generation. The vast majority of the world's population, though they often have similar but different idiotic beliefs, will tell you no, Jesus is not the answer and only fools believe that. So pick your poison. If you want to believe, knock yourself out. You'll have plenty of company.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

In the Bible Jesus tells us, the Kingdom of God is within every one of us. Heaven is already within you. You need look no further than yourself... He even goes to visit the 'City Pineal'.

This statement just contradicted the context of the Bible verses you posted.

The Kingdom of God is within everyone who believes in Jesus and he does it by way of the Holy Spirit. It's through the Holy Spirit that we have the eyes to see and the ears to hear his message. If you don't know Jesus, He says that you don't know his Father either. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with looking inside yourself. The chicken doesn't come before the egg. You have to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior in order for the Kingdom of God to reside within you.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Hi
I am confused.

Depends on the particular religion/denomination you subscribe to.

I am currently independent.

"ALL the religions™ are 'different'. This makes them the 'same' so remove what is the 'same' in ALL of the Churches™ and the TRUTH will be revealed..."

You being 'Independent' won't have to deal with this issue. Caution the Ones who quote scripture as being the 'reason why' That is the same as the Chevy™ dealer telling Your Ford™ sucks. With a "Flock" comes 'easy living' and if You can find a Preacher with more than 1 suit, You've found a LIAR!!!

I see You're relatively new to ATS™ Please allow Me to share with You, the "other Me" (there is only ONE of Us here), something I gleaned off of ATS™ years ago. I don't know who the author is/was but I'd sure like to link them with "their work" This really does, explain it ALL... Worship = War Ship.

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Hi
I am confused.

So you came to the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum for answers? Let me ask YOU a question. Do you believe that a BILLION Chinese who have no idea what this Jesus business is will NOT go to heaven because they don't BELIEVE in this foreigner? How about a BILLION Muslims? How about a BILLION people living in Western countries who believe this Jesus business is utter nonsense? What kind of God would insist on that? Not very compassionate, don't you think? You want a straight answer. Okay. Christians will tell you yes, you must believe, or you're going to hell because they have drunk the Kool Aid on this issue. That's what they believe. Why do they believe that? Mostly because their Mommys told them so. In other words, it's passed down generation to generation. The vast majority of the world's population, though they often have similar but different idiotic beliefs, will tell you no, Jesus is not the answer and only fools believe that. So pick your poison. If you want to believe, knock yourself out. You'll have plenty of company.

This is my first thread, I didn't know how to pick which one to put it in. I think they did it automatically.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: watchandwait410

Yes. Jesus is the only way to heaven because Jesus is the one who created heaven. That's why Jesus says he is the way, the truth, and the life. For more information, start reading the book of John in the Bible.

So Jesus said "Pray to Me, Jesus...." Or did He invite the listener to dwell with the 'Heavenly Father'?

Did You KNOW that the Tao is defined as "The Way"? Did You know that it predates the Bible™?

"My Father who does art in Heaven..."

Wait!!! We are typing about the King James Version™ 3rd re-write; 4th re-vision?

Perhaps You meant... "So the main character dies and then TheQuorum™ got together and removed ALL the parts where the female was EQUAL (See "Lilith" Adamu's 1st wife.) and then wrote up a story some 220 years+ AFTER the main character dies and then comes back..." So where are Jesus' bones now?

"In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith created from the same dirt...." (EQUAL)

What CHURCH™ would Jesus belong if He were to return?

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Prior to thinking I don't believe in the "Chris† Consciousness" You'd be mistaken. When ALL the 'true believers' 'think' Jesus will some day return, I KNOW He has never left....

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
What a loaded question.

Love, I hope is the ultimate energy. Then again there may be a flip side pure evil. I think though that Love wins, at least that is what I hope.

Love does win, eventually. I have proof with my ex and new found love.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join