It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Lane: Hawaii braces for category five storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not often does a category 5 threaten the last storm of this scale to come this close to Hawaii was John in 1994. I hope it veers off some ?
While we all sit in safety and in comfort some over there will loose things. I will be watching closely and hoping it is not like the nightmare that was Haiyan that devastated the Philippines in 2013 with over 6000 lost.

The US state of Hawaii is bracing for a category five hurricane - the second ever in the state's history - which could make landfall later this week. Lane was upgraded to a category five storm, the strongest on the scale, with sustained winds of 160mph (257km/h) on Tuesday. Forecasts say the islands will face strong winds and surging waves even if the storm does not make landfall. The last storm of this scale to come this close to Hawaii was John in 1994. The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a hurricane warning for the Big Island and a hurricane watch for the islands of Oahu, Maui, Molokai and Lanai as of Wednesday morning. On the Big Island, the first in Hurricane Lane's path, damaging tropical storm and hurricane-force winds could pick up as soon as Wednesday afternoon or evening. President Donald Trump urged those in the path of the storm to prepare and listen to local officials.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 22 8 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

I hope everyone there is preparing with whatever supplies they can get ahead of time. Will keep the Aloha State in my thoughts...

PS - don't worry, I'm sure Zuckerburg and other elites there will be fine so they can continue to take advantage of the masses

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Already posted

Link

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
O No thanks sky. I looked and looked but did na see. Maybe a Moderator can put this one away . Sorry folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's Gods way of putting out the Volcano .

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

What happens when the rainwater flows into the underground magma chamber. Will everything cool down and solidify or explode?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Praise Jebus!

new topics

top topics

join