It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practice what you preach #metoo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

Ain't that the truth

And that's exactly the reason for my job security. The public demands content for their addiction to being entertained.

Bread and circus.....

Lol, you should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of the weak minded..

I should be but I'm addicted to the process, gear, people and places where we do our majic.

one of my offices....

www.bonanzacreekranch.com...
edit on 22-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
17 and 18 ... a crime

think about that for a min
I

What if they're both 17, but one of them turns 18 WHILE they're having sex?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: markovian

You didn't really say anything.
Most of us dont live in California.

yet more than willing to jump in to a topic about ca and there laws

most states in the usa 17 and 18 is legal and most the world considered it normal

legaldictionary.net...

also if you have commited a crime your being a juror for its grounds for dismissal

... so how do you get a jury for this

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What an utterly stupid law.

The dude was 17 got lucky with some Italian hottie and thats a crime, not only is it a crime but its rape?

So even if he was 100% consenting to having sexual interactions with her, its still regarded as rape because he was 17 at the time. Surly it would make more sense to at the very least be a case of saying that she had sex with a minor but to call it rape, to me that belittles the true meaning of the word. consensual sex between a 17 year old and a 18 year old for example is not rape, its sex, in my mind to call it rape is to diminish the true horror of what rape really is.

I get that its the law, I accept that its the law but that doesn't mean that I can't also state that for me that law is completely retarded.

Thats why for me, I don't really think that the sentiment behind the OP on this carries much weight for me because this all seems to be consensual, its not about her sexually harassing or abusing let alone rapping this guy. He was a 17 year old who, lets face it, was pretty much living out the fantasy of scoring with a older, gorgeous, famous woman.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thats why for me, I don't really think that the sentiment behind the OP on this carries much weight for me because this all seems to be consensual, its not about her sexually harassing or abusing let alone rapping this guy. He was a 17 year old who, lets face it, was pretty much living out the fantasy of scoring with a older, gorgeous, famous woman.

Because he was living out your fantasy doesn't mean he was living out his.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

She met him when he was seven.. she played his mother in a movie where his character (a child) was forced to dress as a girl .and was eventually raped by the mother's boyfriend.very disturbing content.

Apparently they bonded in set and kept in contact..

Please read the article I posted last page.

There is a lot more to this than a 17 year old getting lucky.. did you not read she plied him with alcohol.. read that article...

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 22-8-2018 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So a 17-year-old is no more capable of consenting than a 5-year-old according to the law? Then two people of those ages should be able to have sex with each other and they're both equally culpable?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

I think you would struggle to find a 17 year old guy who doesn't want to score with someone on the FHM 100 sexist women list.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

I pointed to the article that stated the law was broken. If that's a problem please contact TMZ and let them know.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

My issue is with the law, its not really so much about what she did.

Yeah its pretty twisted with what you say but even at that, as twisted as it is, consensual sex between a 17 year old and a older man/woman isn't rape.

I don't care what Californian law says.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think you would struggle to find a 17 year old guy who doesn't want to score with someone on the FHM 100 sexist women list.

Right, he must have wanted it because other 17 year olds do. That's some awful logic.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A 17 year old girl might want to score with Tom cruise but that doesnt give him a free pass to follow through.

And from the details coming out this was a very screwed up relationship.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

She plied a 17 year old with alcohol..that's not consensual..

Read the article please. All verifiable.

I'm on my phone and I ran out of high speed data, the article is picture heavy, or I'd go back and get the link again for you..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Right, he must have wanted it because other 17 year olds do. That's some awful logic.

No its being realistic.

If she forced him to have sex, if she as sexually harassing him, if he told her to stop and she didn't then thats different.

Looks to me like a very lucky 17 year old dude who scored lucky.

If you want to twist it then feel free but can we all at least agree that consensual sex between a 17 year old and a 18 year old is not rape because thats really the biggest issue I have with this.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No its being realistic.

If she forced him to have sex, if she as sexually harassing him, if he told her to stop and she didn't then thats different.

Looks to me like a very lucky 17 year old dude who scored lucky.

If you want to twist it then feel free but can we all at least agree that consensual sex between a 17 year old and a 18 year old is not rape because thats really the biggest issue I have with this.

Well, his account differs drastically than the envious projection of your own fantasy.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Bro , please go read the article..he was 17, had just turned 17 two months prior, she was in her 30's, got him drunk then - I know I keep saying read the article.

A 17 and an 18 year old having sex is not the issue here.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

thanks for posting that link I have read through it and its definitely a really weird relationship that the two of them had.

Like really twisted and messed up.

However I still don't see anything that points to anything less than consensual sex between a 17 year old and an older woman.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Switch the 17 year old boy to a 17 year old girl.

So a 17 year old girl gets plied with alcohol by a 37 year old man in a hotel room and he proceeds to have sex with her..

Do you have a problem with that?

What if the seventeen year old girl starred in a movie with that same man, years prior, and had maintained a father like role in her life then he lured her to a hotel room, plied her with alcohol and then had sex with her years later..

Do you have a problem with that?

Or it's only cool when the victim is a boy?

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No doubt.

And that’s not taking into account throwing her dead financier, err, boyfriend (I am pretty sure she wasn’t in it for the love — he was apparently very much in love) under the bus. Big-time fan of Tony Bourdain and this really pisses me off.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have a problem with it, like I said this is really messed up and twisted my issue is that I do not believe that consensual sex between a 17 year old and anyone is ever rape.

Rape is rape and sex is sex, pretending that a 17 year old having sex is rape is to me totally stupid.

If she forced him, then yeah its rape, its wrong, if the two of them were in a hotel room getting drunk then having sex meh, kind of thing that happens in the rest of the world were the legal age to get drunk and have sex then regret it all in the morning is lower.

<< 1    3 >>

join