It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political zealots: have you no shame?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

I love patriotism as a concept.

But some people do it right, and some people do it wrong, and ole JB there, does it wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Regardless if you support Trump or hate Trump one thing is for sure, Trump is not entirely innocent in all of this.

That's right, much like Hillary Clinton and others. However, I do not support her prosecution for the same reason: it is clearly politically motivated. Those motivations outweigh any potential criminal law violations, IMO.

Ohh but Clinton...

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Trump is in some pretty deep sh1t

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This guy...a true Patriot. Served his country...put his life on the line for his flag. I may be wrong, but he doesn't strike me as a screaming left wing political zealot....

Doesn't rate the present commander in chief very highly. I wonder why that is ?
edit on 22/8/18 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I love patriotism as a concept.

But some people do it right, and some people do it wrong, and ole JB there, does it wrong.

That's fine, but his argument wasn't whether he was a patriot or not. We should grapple with it in good faith, if there is such a thing anymore.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

awesome reply . I agree 100% Trump is no saint , he does bring the corruption of both parties to see the light of day . I do believe he is trying to put a stop to it . For that one reason they will do anything to get rid of him .

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Mercy me. For what the right believes is a nothing-burger, the latest happenings with Cohen and Manafort have certainly twisted Trump's supporters' panties in a bunch.

Your long paragraph about no collusion is a talking point. No more no less. The fact is, we don't have enough information to know if there is collusion or not. Mueller has not put all of his cards on the table. I doubt anyone on ATS has seen all of the evidence that Mueller has gathered.

I don't take Trump's word for it that there was no collusion nor anything else, really. His legal front man, Giuliani, is running around saying truth isn't truth. Trump's lawyer entered a guilty plea where he admitted to paying off women that Trump did the rumpy-pumpy with while he was married.

He trades in the marketplace of lies and more lies to cover up those truths that aren't truths. Or something like that. No one really knows. Trump surrounds himself with despicable characters... people that have no problem turning on him to save themselves.

I don't take pleasure in what is happening. Sure, I want to see justice prevail. I believe Trump is unfit for office, and doesn't behave as an innocent man would. Trump's actions have damaged our country. Our national discourse is more coarse than it has been since I've been on this planet. The air is less clean and the water more dirty. And so on and so on.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
edit on 22-8-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Uh, but the Mueller probe was started by Republicans and ran by Republicans.....

Not only that, but Republicans that TRUMP HIMSELF appointed 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sounds like JB is ready to go "full retard".

If Trump is indicted what are you and your fellow "patriots" going to do? Start popping people in the streets?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

If Trump is indicted what are you and your fellow "patriots" going to do? Start popping people in the streets?

I'm doing no such thing.

I am merely concerned that such effort would result in the already terrible state of left/right relations to deteriorate even further. It is a genuine concern, with pundits and intellectuals alike discussing/evaluating the potential impacts on the country

I merely state American patriots should be prepared to defend themselves against violence that would seemingly likely result from further irresponsible and politically motivated acts.

I have been reading posts all day (on DU and elsewhere) by the authoritarian far-left discussing their options for attacking this administration through continued abuses of the legal system - especially if they manage to worm their way back into power in the midterms.

The fact some here are attempting to spin the OP against me is somewhat surprising although it should not be
edit on 8/22/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

I don't take Trump's word for it that there was no collusion nor anything else

Nor should you. Nor is anyone asking you to

The fact is, we don't have enough information to know if there is collusion or not.

Exactly

Which is why my OP rails against those pushing unsubstantiated/unaccredited theories. They aren't pushing the theories because they have inside information, they are using it as a figurative weapon to attack the Administration.

The fact is this "collusion" spin has been pushed by MSM/left wing voters and left wing politicians since before Trump even took office, and this was despite Obama's public statement that no Russian "interference" continued after he told them to 'knock it off' (remember that? I do)

Either way, the investigation is politically motivated which is precisely why so many on the right have taken the position of "not caring." An entire narrative spawned after the elections, and the far left grabbed whatever straws it saw fit. Corrupt officials within the government intentionally obfuscated and set up the President to lead to the SC appointment, and he was baited into behavior that those same corrupt opponents could claim was "obstruction" (even though the investigation wasn't about him to begin with, and as POTUS he is the #1 law enforcement officer/has final say of the DOJ)

This entire nonsense is based on a house of cards constructed by bitter and angry zealots, who feel that wielding the law against their opponents is perfectly acceptable. It is not acceptable

Again, I say they are risking plunging this already significantly divided nation into a permanent split. You can feel the tension just reading public commentary. There is absolutely no compromise, admittedly from either side. However, it is clear that only one side is seeking to limit the Constitutional rights of others through government - the authoritarian far left. And since government was created specifically to ensure those rights were upheld, it is ridiculous to think the far-left and right are morally equal ground. It is the authoritarian sects of the left who seek to limit our rights while Republicans are attempting to uphold our rights, and actually increasing our freedoms by deconstructing large swaths of wasteful, bloated government bureaucracy.

The only real compromise is to accept that ~half the population is totally different, ideologically, from one another. There can be no attempt to impose "opinion" based laws. If you don't like guns, don't own one. If you don't like abortions, don't have one. If you don't like free speech, don't listen to it. Non-aggression, non-interference, voluntary association and limited government (to ensure neither side attempts to impose its will on the other) is the only real solution forward. Otherwise, we end up one of two ways:

1) That major civil conflict/unrest many are concerned about
-or-
2) A permanent state of dead-lock in a now-zero sum game

Both of those solutions are terrible, if you ask me.

Choose the third way, those ideals I listed above.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Mid-terms will be decided by the voters... not worms.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

They have already gone full retard.
Remember these guys shot up a pizza place because they believed Clinton's were running a child pedo ring inside it.
You only need to read the Qrap that gets posted in the Q threads to realize what kind of brainwashed people you are dealing with

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Thankfully, unlike some far-lefties on DU, you didn't suggest it'd be decided by "Soviet KGB Russian sleepers" (roll eyes)

That type of rhetoric does not help anything. In fact, it pushes many on the right further to the right - who then refuse to even acknowledge the possibility because the very idea has been tainted by politicization and weaponization of ideas/information (ie: lies, disinfo, fake news)

My only hope is that your statement holds true:

Mid-terms will be decided by the voters

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And while we're talking about Russia, lets acknowledge the fact that most far-left politicians (not all Dems, just the radical far-left) only dislike Russia because they're perceived as a conservative, Christian, predominately white Republic. Russians are pro-gun, pro-Christianity and pro-National sovereignty - all things the far-left typically opposes. Note these same far-left radicals had/have no complaints about "The Soviet Union" (you know, when it was a commie country)

Lets face it, the mainstream left hates Russia for the same reason they attack Israel and other good conservative nations. And notwithstanding the standard bearer intelligence service practice of "political influence," this entire manufactured event is a house of cards built on allegations of activities the US/Russia/China/etc have been doing to one another for years.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

They have already gone full retard.
Remember these guys shot up a pizza place because they believed Clinton's were running a child pedo ring inside it.
You only need to read the Qrap that gets posted in the Q threads to realize what kind of brainwashed people you are dealing with

More deflections/obfuscation from the left, big surprise there. You're totally unhinged. You know, I might just choke on my coffee if you actually responded to an argument with an intelligent response vs. ridiculous deflections. Go watch Waters interview some lefties, when he asks them questions (even easy, basic questions) they *almost* always get them wrong. Most don't even have a cursory understanding of the BS they try to push - usually evidenced by their quick deflections and lack of cohesive arguments

I've never posted a thing about whatever "Q" non sense you are talking about. You are clearly trying (and failing) to discredit the OP by levying personal attacks and bringing up all sorts of hysterical conspiracy theories.

A-for effort

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

That type of rhetoric does not help anything. In fact, it pushes many on the right further to the right - who then refuse to even acknowledge the possibility because the very idea has been tainted by politicization and weaponization of ideas/information (ie: lies, disinfo, fake news)

I can agree with your statement in a general sense... but I get the feeling that we would disagree about what constitutes lies, disinfo and fake news. And conversely, the far Right extremists push some people further Left as well.

Moderation in all things...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

ou only need to read the Qrap that gets posted in the Q threads to realize what kind of brainwashed people you are dealing with

Is it the kind that attempt to assassinate republican congressional representitives at a baseball practice?
Those kind of "brainwashed" people?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And conversely, the far Right extremists push some people further Left as well.

That is exactly my point

Extremism fuels extremism. Yes, left wing ANTIFA jerk-offs show up to other people's events dressed for battle. But guess who they are meeting? Far-right extremists who are all too eager to take them up on their challenge. Sure, not everyone there is far-right or far-left, and ANTIFA does engage in cowardly "sucker punch" type tactics against innocent bystanders (even on their own side). However, when two groups are geared up to fight and are actually engaging in violence one can only assume they are all extremists of one lot or another

I don't disagree with you. The extremism on both sides is despicable. Only difference is you won't find right-wingers providing cover for extremists on our side of the spectrum. Can you honestly say the same about the left? Which left-wing politicians have truly criticized violence/rioting/looting/ANTIFA, and I don't mean mainstream Democrats like Chuck Schumer who have categorically rejected violence/ANTIFA and the rhetoric of those like Maxine Waters.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join