It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen: Trump ex-lawyer 'happy' to aid Russia probe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xcathdra

On Wednesday, Davis debunked CNN’s report multiple times.

Yup.. the part you seem to be confused on was CNN failing to correct the false report they put out.

What part is confusing you?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think I see the problem here.

Instead of any political leaning type press, I went to the video on ABC, and read the quotations from both Burr and Warner.

Your article from, well wherever it is from, does not provide a cleaner picture of the actual exchange and I think you may not be placing the emphasis where it belongs.

They say his team responded that Cohen did stand by his previous testimony that he (meaning Cohen) did not know of the meeting in advance. The two senators did not say what if anything Cohen said about Trump having advance knowledge of the meeting.
“We hope that today’s developments and Mr. Cohen’s plea agreement will not preclude his appearance before our Committee as needed for our ongoing investigation,” Burr said, speaking for himself and Warner.

The emphasis and addition in parantheses are mine.

When read properly, CNN has nothing to correct, but they should add clarity.

If you want to see the ABC article you can find it here

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Cohen testified to Congress he (Trump) had no knowledge of the Trump meeting. CNN had a "source" that said Cohen was going to flip on TRump and cooperate with the SC and that Trump did in fact know a meeting occurred.

Davis, on CNN air, debunked what CNN was reporting and stated, again, Trump did not know about the trump tower meeting. CNN has not made any corrections to their debunked reporting.

So no, I am not confused on what occurred.

The source was the dailycaller.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
So no, I am not confused on what occurred.

The source was the dailycaller.

Then I think YOU are not vetting properly. I can't find ANY video evidence of Lanny Davis saying any such things in an interview with Anderson Cooper.

Furthermore, in YOUR link, the pages opening image is a split screen comprised of two distinct images from different interviews, not to mention that site itself does not provide video evidence of Davis saying any of these things.

Further yet, when you do a google search looking for any evidence of what you claim in that article, the first page of results are from:
dailycaller.com
dailywire.com
freerepublic.com
texags.com
joemiller.us
lipstickalley.com

Some info on each of them:

The Daily Caller
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Type of site News, opinion
Available in English
Founded January 11, 2010
Headquarters 1920 L Street NW Floor 2, Washington, D.C. 20036
Owner The Daily Caller, Inc.
Founder(s) Tucker Carlson
The Daily Caller is a conservative American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by political pundit Tucker Carlson

Tucker Carlson, FOX news, no agenda there right?

The Daily Wire
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Type News and opinion website
Owner(s) Forward Publishing LLC
Founder(s) Ben Shapiro
Editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro
Managing editors
Michael J. Knowles
Launched
September 21, 2015
The Daily Wire is an American conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro

Ben Shapiro...hmmm no agenda there either I can imagine.

Free Republic is a moderated Internet forum for activists, and chat site for self-described conservatives, primarily within the United States.[2] It presents articles and comments posted pseudonymously by registered members, known as "Freepers"

Uh yeah.....chat site don't exactly count now do they considering anyone can say anything they want?

exAgs is an independent Texas A&M University fan website. It features articles, chat, forums, and recruiting information about Texas A&M Aggie sports. The website receives an average of 1,000,000 pageviews per day,[3] and as of June 2008, TexAgs was the sixth most-visited college sports website[4] and the most visited NCAA Division I-A website.[5] During the 2012 college football season, the website received an average of 500,000 monthly unique visitors.[6] .
Some current and former members have criticized the operation of the message forums, particularly its moderation policies. Such criticisms include a policy of anonymous moderation by a staff of twenty, led by Brandon Jones, who are allowed to post alongside regular members.[23][24] This is in contrast to similar websites that list their staff and moderators in an open fashion. Further, such moderation is sometimes seen as inconsistent.

What more can I say about that?

Up next, joemiller.us....surely it cant mean the Joe Miller, GOP guy from Alaska now can it?

In 2008 he misused the borough's computers for political purposes (to pad a poll as part of his campaign for Republican Party state chair).[19]

Imagine that, padding polls for political gain in the GOP....whoda thunk it?

And finally lipstickalley.com which cant even find ANY useful information about other than their hosting reside on enom inc's domain hosting backbone out of Washington State....

I think it might behoove you to dig a little bit out of your compartmentalized sandbox so you can avoid yes your confusion

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Right -

NN’s anonymous sources reported that Trump pre-approved the Trump Tower meeting, which took place on June 9, 2016.

On July 27 of this year, CNN reported that Michael Cohen is willing to tell investigators that Donald Trump authorized the infamous Trump Tower meeting with a group of Russians

Democrats immediately launched an assault claiming that there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian Federation. It also implied the President and his son lied about the President knowing of the meeting beforehand.

As it turns out, it wasn’t true and, as usual, CNN’s anonymous sources were blowing smoke. It was Hillary’s and Cohen’s lawyer himself who blew the story up.

Lanny Davis himself corrected the fake news story.

“Well, I think the reporting of the story got mixed up in the course of a criminal investigation. We were not the source of the story. And the question of a criminal investigation, the advice we were given, those of us dealing with the media is that we could not do anything other than stay silent,” Davis told Cooper.

“So Michael Cohen does not have information that President Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians beforehand or even after?” CNN’s Anderson Cooper asked Davis.

“No, he does not,” replied Davis, Clinton’s mob lawyer, and Cohen’s current attorney.

CNN has still not corrected the story on their website.

CNN and its anonymous sources broke the "bombshell story" that Trump knew about the meeting. Cohens testified to Congress Trump did not know. Cohens own lawyer says Trump did not know.

CNN never corrected their "bombshell story".

You up to speed now?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
You up to speed now?

Yep, you're right. And they should fix that.
edit on 26-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I Need Some Help Dissecting this article, PLEASE.

theconservativetreehouse.com... at-would-place-cohen-in-prague/

Is the article stating that John Brennan "took the bait", and leaked fake/planted information stating that Attorney Cohen was in Prague, colluding with Russians?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bump

originally posted by: Cassi3
Just to keep things on track

As far as helping the Russian investigation,​ Cohen insists he knows much more about the infamous "Trump Tower Meeting"​​

Anyone up for anything other than mudslinging ?

“I remember being in the room with Mr. Trump, probably in early June 2016, when something peculiar happened.
Don Jr. came into the room and walked behind his father’s desk – which in itself was unusual.
People didn’t just walk behind Mr. Trump’s desk to talk to him,” Cohen says.

“I recalled Don Jr. leaning over to his father and speaking in a low voice, which I could clearly hear, and saying: ‘The meeting is all set.’ I remember Mr. Trump saying, ‘Ok good…let me know.’”

Wasserman-Schultz asks if Cohen believed Trump had asked for the Wikileaks dump of stolen DNC emails.
Cohen says he is not aware of that, but goes on to add: “Mr Trump is all about winning.”

Wasserman-Schultz asks Cohen if, given what he knows of Donald Trump:
“Would [Trump] have the potential to collude with a foreign power to win the president at all costs?

Cohen: “Yes.”

Given the litany of connections between Trump campaign staff and Russia, Wasserman-Schultz says:
“Is it likely” Trump had had every intent of working with Russia to win the election “at all costs”?

Cohen says he would rather not answer, other government branches are dealing with that question.
“Other than to say Mr Trump’s desire to win would have him work with anyone.”

Live feed

This from very early on into the procedings
The 'Russia Thing'...

There's so, so much more
Trump Tower meeting (Donnie knew, well in advance)
Payin' for poontang, (not checks with my sgnature)
Overstating assets to gain ilegal loans (Cohen admits doing so at Trump's behest)

Bad bad bad news indeed for Trump
Seems like Cohen's spilling the beans on Mueller's conclusion

how's that sound, conspiracy-wise !

edit on 27-2-2019 by Cassi3l because: ... Whattabout ... Donald Jr !!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join