It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen: Trump ex-lawyer 'happy' to aid Russia probe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Ok but again, if getting dirt from foriegn nationals is illegal, then the hillary camp and dnc are also guilty, as I clearly showed because the actually got dirt INDIRECTLY, which the law says is illegal.

Why did you ignore thaat?

But ok, what should the punishment be?

Removal from office?

Fine, trump is out, and everyone in the dnc who is also guilty is out.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
It's not a question of ignoring anythhing
it's about sorting out the wheat from the chaff

The issue at hand is Cohen and what 'dirties', if any, he could provide to Mueller
That's today's news

It's not about something that happened
a) nigh on two years ago,
b) has no bearing on what is happening today

As for 'punishment' ...
Impeading (trying to) an investigation and covering it up is what landed Nixon in trouble

Nixon, Trump
5 letters
Coincidence !?!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Right, so cohen may be able to prove trump committed the same crime we know hillary committed.

And then you talk about obstruction and Nixon?

Talk about chaff.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Who do you believe is more corrupt ?
The intelligence agencies and the DoJ
Or
Politicians who pay their way into office?

There is already an awareness of agencies manipulating and installing preferred administrations internationally.
Are you confident that they have not been involved domestically also ?

I myself am not " siding " with anyone.
It is all conjecture and opinion.

Power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely. Trump is aiming for absolute power.

Isn't that why the checks and balances are set up ? ..to prevent this from happening ?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Right, so cohen may be able to prove trump committed the same crime we know hillary committed.

So that's your beef !

You think that Clinton and Trump pulled off the same shady crap
but only Trump is being looked at.

Is that it, in a nut shell ?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Easily a corrupt intel agency is far more troubling than any one corrupt politician.

Now you make it seem as if corrupt politicians on the while are worse.

Perhaps thats true.

But two things. First, you can never solve that if the inevstigators are also corrupt; so solving the corrupt investigators is a precondition to solving the corrupt politicians.

Second, the pwoers wielded by the intel agencies is far superior than anything a corrupt politician can do.

Nixon was broght down because the country was aghast that he had two burglars try to read his opponents files.

we are talking about a corrupt intel agencies that not only can read ALL of an opponents files, but wiretap them, spy on them, arrest them, and legally violate any person in the countries rights.

If that is corrupt, then it doesnt matter if politicians dont use dirty money.

Fighting that is a damn sure bigger cause than saying "Trumps bad, lets cheer for the deep state to get him out"

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

So that's your beef !

Well I dont think what hillary or trump did as far as colluding is illegal for either.

Or even if it technically is, almost all campaigns do it.

But basically you are right.

I am concerned thaat the intel agencies are picking and chosing how to apply the law, based on which candidates the favor. Which is a far greater threat to our country than anything hillary or trump is accused of.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

So that's your beef !

Well I dont think what hillary or trump did as far as colluding is illegal for either.

Or even if it technically is, almost all campaigns do it.

But basically you are right.

I am concerned thaat the intel agencies are picking and chosing how to apply the law, based on which candidates the favor. Which is a far greater threat to our country than anything hillary or trump is accused of.

There's a reason they call politics show business for ugly people.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Okay.

Seriously, if you're that bugged out about it, create a new thread : you seem to be in a purple patch, thread-wise

For the record, i too think that every political party uses the same dirty-ticks scrap book
Sometimes they're caught with their 'fingers in the till', as it were ....

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I have made other threads. I dont feel I am derailing from the topic too much here, but if soe the mods can delete.

To me the thread is about what is the significance of Cohens agreement to help in the russia probe.

What I have read is that he has more to say about the trump tower meeting.

Seeing as how that meeting was with the same two russian "conspirators" thaat hillary hired law firm fusion gps was representing, and we know that the crimes alleged to have been committed by don jr. there were also committed by the dnc and hillary (getting dirt from russians)

Then the significance of this cohen development is that it again points to a bias in the intel community.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I wouldn't say 'biased'
i'd be more inclined to think that there are dilligent people doing their jobs

They've been tasked with something, and just like boring, old, grey accountants,
they plug away, very boringly... and even though they churn away,
sometimes come up with nothing

It could be though, as with The Trump Family Syndicate,
that the patchwork's worth of years of coverups, scheming
shady loan deals, bankruptcies...

..yield so much stuff to check through

Don't forget here
The President of the US shouldn't be beholden to anybody

Who is to know (not you nor i, that's for sure !)
How Trump Corp stayed afloat for so long
Where did the money come from
Does The Donald 'owe' anyone

Those are the kind of things i'd like Cohen to shed light on

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yes, nothing to do with russian collusion.

And as you and others have admitted, just about any politician is guilty of ficnancial crimes.

So why only go after trump connected people?

How did the clintons leave the white house broke and amass so much money?

How did pelosi, waters, mccain, schumer, ryan, the bushes, etc. amass so much money?

The point is that you are right, this inevstigation from the get go has been about getting trump on any crime,probably finaincial.

It had nothing to do with russian collusion.

And the reason was told to us by chuck schumer; trump was critical of the intel community, so they will take him down.

But who cares if we have a corrupt intel community, as long as they get to the bottom of how trump made all of his money!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Still...what we are talking about is Cohen and if he knows where the bodies are buried....metaphorically speaking.
If he does have knowledge of this russian conspiracy,
if there is one...
which may or may not involve DJT...
And he goes on to spill the beans and then during the ensuing fall out, the country's system of checks and balances fail to secure justice....because they have been decimated and made ineffective by a rogue obstructive potus...., just how long do you think it would take the country to recover from that ?

I say let Mueller continue until he is done. Let the respective intel / doj do their jobs and uncover whatever is there...or report back that nothing is there....
If Cohen ( or others ) have knowledge..let them expose it and only then will it be determined if there are high crimes and who should be held accountable.
It is not about HRC , she is not and never will be POTUS
It is all about Trump.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Of course if cohen can prove a crime it should be dealt with, no argument from me.

But it anazes me how people are willing to overlook the bias, corruption and double standards of the intel community, just to get trump this one time!'

Just like we had to trust them to invade iraq without showing us proof, just this one time!

How many more wars will we have and corrupt politicians allowed to run amok or outside politicians (even if shady) to be taken down for the crime of offending the intel community must we allow before its ok to focus on them?

My guess is most people will answer "well its not important as long as they are going after people I dont like"

Fine, but dont complain when these abuses happen to someone other than trump.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That runs both ways. You would be happy enough if this biased intel agency had found enough to " Lock her up " But they didn't..so that's that.

These investigations are not " abuses " ...they are what they are..investigations ! These agencies are fulfilling their purpose. The rule of law.
Cohen will either have good solid evidence or he won't.
Time will tell

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

That runs both ways. You would be happy enough if this biased intel agency had found enough to " Lock her up " But they didn't..so that's that.

These investigations are not " abuses " ...they are what they are..investigations ! These agencies are fulfilling their purpose. The rule of law.
Cohen will either have good solid evidence or he won't.
Time will tell

No I wouldnt have at all!

I extremely dislike hillary.

If she had a years long invetsigation that she colluded with russiasn, based largely on trump paid for opposition research that he got from russians, I would have stood up for her the same as I am with trump.

In fact, had she had people on her team wiretapped by the fbi and then backchanelling to republicans like what happened with trump, I would have been outraged.

In fact I have even spoke up on this very site how James comey had no business announcing the reopening of the invetsigation into hillary, and thye dems were right to want that investigated.

No, I find the corruption of the intel agencies to be far greater than my like or dislike of any individual politician.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Interesting piece from Axios,

"The backstory: Last year, when questioned under oath by lawmakers on the House intelligence committee, Cohen not only said that he himself had no foreknowledge of the meeting but that he had no idea whether Trump did either, according to three sources with knowledge of his testimony.

A source briefed on Cohen's testimony said he repeated that testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

I asked Davis why he didn't shoot down last month's stories.

- - Davis, after a long day of TV hits defending Cohen, said: "It was painful. We were not the source, we could not confirm, and we could not correct. We had to be silent because of the sensitivity needed in the middle of a criminal investigation." (Swann Et al)

Sourced 4hrs ago at time of date:

www.axios.com...

Lol, I knew it was all optics to get the left energized for midterms.

Thats prolly what this is, use the strongest language possible, save the best for last.

We see right through Leftist 😜
edit on 23-8-2018 by Arnie123 because: MmHmmm

edit on 23-8-2018 by Arnie123 because: Ye

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Because this is yet another of those things you believe happened that never happened. Like Hillary destroying evidence or being guilty of murder or any number of other totally bizarre things that you believe are real.
You get dizzy spinning like that all the time?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The meeting in trump tower is collusion.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Because this is yet another of those things you believe happened that never happened. Like Hillary destroying evidence or being guilty of murder or any number of other totally bizarre things that you believe are real.
You get dizzy spinning like that all the time?
Except she did destroy evidence, the murders? That's just wishful thinking honestly.

But you believe lies, so we can't help you, so meh.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join