It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen: Trump ex-lawyer 'happy' to aid Russia probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Link 1
Link 2

Michael Cohen’s lawyer Lanny Davis has come out all guns blazing on a tour of the broadcast studios in the US today. He has reiterated the guilt of the president regarding the hush money paid to two women, and stressed his client possesses information about Russian interference that would be of interest to investigators.

He told MSNBC and Cohen knows information that would be of interest to special counsel Robert Mueller about a Russian conspiracy to “corrupt American democracy” and “a failure to report that knowledge to the FBI.”

In an interview on MSNBC, Davis says: “There is no dispute that Donald Trump committed a crime”

“The president of the United States directed him to commit a crime meaning the president committed the crime and covered it up because he didn’t sign the cheque to keep quiet the affairs with the two women,” Davis says, explaining what Cohen told the court under oath yesterday.

Cohen and his legal team are angling for a plea deal that would see any potential sentence reduced in exchange for information, and have released various files to corroborate their claims.

In an interview with NPR, Davis said: “Mr Cohen would never accept a pardon from a man that he considers to be both corrupt and a dangerous person in the Oval Office.”

Emphasising that not only is Cohen not hoping for a pardon from Donald Trump, which would exonerate him of any future charges, Davis said he would not accept one either.

And right on cue :

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!
2:44 PM - Aug 22, 2018

This is undeniably serious news for Trump,
Cohen, is offering himself up to Mueller, straight off the bat !
The things he must have seen ...heard...
He probably "has tapes" to prove it all too

#TrumpsClosetSkeletons

As an aside: did Cohen's statement set him up for a 'lying before the US SiC' type of charge
Burr and Warner seem to think so at any rate :

Link

“We have obviously followed today’s reporting about Michael Cohen with great interest. He appears to be pleading guilty to very serious charges, however, we have no insight into any agreements he and his legal team have allegedly reached with prosecutors in New York.

What we can say is that we recently reengaged with Mr. Cohen and his team following press reports that suggested he had advance knowledge of the June 2016 meeting between campaign officials and Russian lawyers at Trump Tower. Mr. Cohen had testified before the Committee that he was not aware of the meeting prior to its disclosure in the press last summer.

As such, the Committee inquired of Mr. Cohen’s legal team as to whether Mr. Cohen stood by his testimony. They responded that he did stand by his testimony.

“We hope that today’s developments and Mr. Cohen’s plea agreement will not preclude his appearance before our Committee as needed for our ongoing investigation.”

Trumplandia must be in ebulition !
edit on 22-8-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

I KNEW, this was going to all come to a head....That is also why I have not Been on ATS, as much....Rather than sit and argue, with people who wont listen, I chose to just sit it out for awhile, and let things play out. I was right so far, and let me just say now for anyone who disagrees...I WAS RIGHT!

trump tower meeting, was indeed collusion. Even trump tweeted last week, the meeting was about getting dirt on his opponent. That is the very definition of Collusion. Anyway, for all of you who argued, name called, etc, IN YOUR FACE!

edit on 22-8-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He was threatened with Trumped up charges and given a plea bargain to get to Trump. So much for justice.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

the meeting was about getting dirt on his opponent. That is the very definition of Collusion.

So what is it when you launder money to Russian spies for a dossier ? Seriously, how is it different ?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I KNEW, this was going to all come to a head....That is also why I have not Been on ATS, as much....Rather than sit and argue, with people who wont listen, I chose to just sit it out for awhile, and let things play out. I was right so far, and let me just say now for anyone who disagrees...I WAS RIGHT!

trump tower meeting, was indeed collusion. Even trump tweeted last week, the meeting was about getting dirt on his opponent. That is the very definition of Collusion. Anyway, for all of you who argued, name called, etc, IN YOUR FACE!

what was exchanged?
I was under the impression "dirt" was offered but was only the bait to get the incoming administration to discuss lifting the Magnitsky Act. Is it a crime to speak to foreign nationals now?
Unless you have other evidence of course?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Trump is blaming it all on Rudy Giuliani.

trumps tweet....

“If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!” Trump tweeted."

"all the best people" eh?
edit on 22-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne
He was threatened with Trumped up charges and given a plea bargain to get to Trump. So much for justice.

Oh please. No one is interested in justice here. They either want Trump gone or they want to defend him even if there's wrongdoing.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How do you introduce evidence into an investigation (legally)?

These people are stupid.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!
2:44 PM - Aug 22, 2018

ya know what's odd... today is the 22, checked the date, twice!!! and well it's still morning. so am I looking into the future here?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EbbNFlow
How do you introduce evidence into an investigation (legally)?

These people are stupid.

.. maybe think before you make oxymoronic statements...

how else are evidence introduced...after the verdict?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I WAS RIGHT!

For more that I should leave you with that illusion so you can be happy again, I won't.

Cohen is stating an OPINION so far. He haven't showed any evidence of any crime being committed by Trump.

Or has he?

the meeting was about getting dirt on his opponent[...] That is the very definition of Collusion.

And how did Trump helped the Russians influence on the election?

If you think Hillary Clinton haven't done the exactly same thing, or even worst, to get dirt on Trump, you're more ignorant than you think.

Anyway, for all of you who argued, name called, etc, IN YOUR FACE!

How's that kool aid working for you? Any side effects?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

If meeting foreingers to get dirt on your opponent is collusion, then paying a law firm to hire a foriegn spy to get dirt on your opponent from the same oligarchs you are accusing them of getting dirt from is also collusion.

And only that side actually got dirt.

Only someone heaviliy biased by partisanship would argue that paying a law firm to break the law makes it ok.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh please. No one is interested in justice here. They either want Trump gone or they want to defend him even if there's wrongdoing.

I dont think that applies to me.

If trump broke the law, he should be held accountable.

If cohen has evidence that trump worked with russians to hack the dnc, not only should he be impeached, he should be jailed for a really long time.

All I want is the law to be applied equally to all sides.

It is clear it is not being applied equally, and to me a biased or corrupt investigative and intel agencies are a far more dangerous and serious problem than even trump working with russia to hack the dnc (if that happened)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If Cohen had something acutally damning, he wouldnt need his lawyer offering him up to Mueller on live television after he already rolled over.
They got Cohen primairly on tax evasion charges, the rest i window dressing fueled by his laywer who himself has some very interesting connections to the other side of the isle.
Don't be surprised if nothing more comes of this. Trying to pin the campaign law violation charge directly on Trump is a legal minefield to say the least.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

“The president of the United States directed him to commit a crime meaning the president committed the crime and covered it up because he didn’t sign the cheque to keep quiet the affairs with the two women,” Davis says, explaining what Cohen told the court under oath yesterday.

Can someone explain this to me? How is it a crime to not sign checks in a civil settlement? Wouldn't that simply mean the settlement was never finalized... and therefore never in force?

Or is he trying to say Cohen signed Trump's name to the checks at Trump's direction? (I'm assuming there was more than one check since there was more than one woman...)

What am I missing here?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

That’s where you’re wrong. False dilemma.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Can someone explain this to me? How is it a crime to not sign checks in a civil settlement? Wouldn't that simply mean the settlement was never finalized... and therefore never in force?

Or is he trying to say Cohen signed Trump's name to the checks at Trump's direction? (I'm assuming there was more than one check since there was more than one woman...)

What am I missing here?

They're trying to tie a private Non-Disclosure Agreement, as an illegal campaign contribution. Which it isn't. So they trumped up other charges, with serious ramifications to make him plead guilty to the campaign violation without going to a jury. Because the Prosecutor knows it's a stretch and may lose the case.
edit on 22-8-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That’s where you’re wrong. False dilemma.

Wut?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Considering every week for the past 2 years there is a new hit piece that will be the end of Trump, I'm gonna consider this the same. Let me know when Trump is found guilty of anything, but I'd be willing to bet this story will fade away like all the others.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

They're trying to tie a private Non-Disclosure Agreement, as an illegal campaign contribution. Which it isn't. So they trumped up other charges, with serious ramifications to make him plead guilty to the campaign violation without going to a jury. Because the Prosecutor knows it's a stretch and may lose the case.

Thank you -- I understand that part. As I understand it, because Trump had other common legitimate reasons (marriage and business reputation) for such a nondisclosure settlement, it cannot be attributed solely to his campaign.

But the quote from Lanny specifically describes the "crime" as Trump not signing the checks. I don't understand how that can be construed as a crime -- neither in personal, business nor campaign terms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join