It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The point of cohens plea deal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You sound like trump trying to make any insignificant connection to the Clinton's so important.

You sound like mueller trying to make any insignificant connection to the russian's so important.

FTFY

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Grambler

Then how come no charges Grambler?

Yes!!!!

Great question?

Thats the double standard I am talking about!

Chuck schumer already gave you the answer; if you criuticize the intel agencies, they have many ways to get back at you.

Trump was an outsider rocking the boat; hillary was the quintessential establishment candidate.

SO she got away with obvious crimes.

I am more concerned with a corrupt intel agency than any crime hillary or trump have committed.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So basically this thread is exactly the same as the other.

FBI let Clinton skate but is out to get trump..

Why did you bother creating a second thread when this one is exactly the same?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah cuz they like the Clinton's better and trump has cooties.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So basically this thread is exactly the same as the other.

FBI let Clinton skate but is out to get trump..

Why did you bother creating a second thread when this one is exactly the same?

If you dont like the thread, feel free to not participate.,

I would be a SHAME to lose all of your valuable insights though!

link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

The special counsel is buying its witnesses, bullying them into plea deals with threats of lengthy imprisonment, just to get to Trump.

I seriously question that. If that's so, then why didn't Manafort go for a sweet plea deal? And frankly, Cohen's deal ain't all that sweet.

In any event, since the country has elected a crooked snake as "president", maybe this is one case where the end will justify the means.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Politico. Ha ha. Doesn't help to prove your point.

link   

Adding to my last post:

You've also recently expressed he opinion that the June Trump Tower meeting was some sort of entrapment. This ignores some key points, not least of which is that the meeting was only one in a series of many other similar meetings held by Veselnitskaya and her crew, happening before and after the Trump Tower meeting, where the same information, which itself had been compiled far in advance to Trump announcing his candidacy, was presented to a wide range of individuals.

Were all those meetings part of a "deep state" setup to justify spying on Trump to dig up dirt too? Or nah?

Unless I missed or am forgetting something, to the best of my knowledge, the meeting wasn't something that the FBI even knew about. So if it wasn't any part of the FBI counterintelligence investigation, what was the point? In June 2016, they "entrapped" Don Jr, Kushner and Manafort with the expectation that a year later, it would come to light?

Why wasn't this critical part of the overarching plan detailed in the Steele Dossier? Wouldn't that make the *most* sense?

ETA: and what about the fact that this "trap" only "worked" because idiot Don Jr was super excited at the prospect of receiving dirt straight from the Kremlin which was *literally* billed as being part of the Russian government's efforts to help Trump get elected? Put yourself in his place, if you'd gotten that email saying that exact thing, wouldn't your first thought be, "What effing efforts by the Russian government to help my father's campaign is this guy talking about?"

And back to your original premise, if this was all an international "deep state" conspiracy against Trump to "spy on trump connected people to get any dirt they could on trump, or if not him, people connected to him." — why was it so ineffective?

What dirt did they get? How was it used? Why would they surveil Carter Page a month after he left the campaign to get dirt on Trump? If they were as desperate, hate filled and "likely criminal" as you believe, why did they stop far short of accomplishing any reasonable goal?

Why didn't the "deep state" conspirators do *anything* prior to the election to keep Trump from winning?

Why not leak the existence of the investigation? Why not leak the Papadopolous story? Details of the Trump Tower meeting? None of this really makes any sense. And usually the response from Trump supporters to these glaring plot holes is "well, they didn't think Trump was going to win!"

Which would mean what? Some large but unknown number of conspirators from multiple agencies and outside the government, planned and executed a grand conspiracy, starting before the Summer of 2016, just in case Trump won?
edit on 2018-8-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I am more concerned with a corrupt intel agency than any crime hillary or trump have committed.

God works in mysterious ways?

Yeah - it's like that. See why these conversations are so interesting --and so pointless?

The only way Intelligence agencies can be honest is if they put away our enemies

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah cuz they like the Clinton's better and trump has cooties.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That way when all of the dirt comes out about just what the intel community was doing at the start of the russian collusion invetsigation, they would justify it by saying they knew manafort or cohen or whoever were guilty of things

Give it up. They weren't doing anything to trump. He is spreading his paranoid delusions amongst his base and they are all susceptible to contagion. There's no dirt coming out.
He's spent the past year slandering the Intel community to make you believe that but it's total garbage. He's spent a year trying to and systematically eliminating any witnesses to his firing Comey claiming they are Obama loyalists and worked against him.
But what he's really doing is trying to cover his ass.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Adding to my last post:

You've also recently expressed he opinion that the June Trump Tower meeting was some sort of entrapment. This ignores some key points, not least of which is that the meeting was only one in a series of many other similar meetings held by Veselnitskaya and her crew, happening before and after the Trump Tower meeting, where the same information, which itself had been compiled far in advance to Trump announcing his candidacy, was presented to a wide range of individuals.

Were all those meetings part of a "deep state" setup to justify spying on Trump to dig up dirt too? Or nah?

Unless I missed or am forgetting something, to the best of my knowledge, the meeting wasn't something that the FBI even knew about. So if it wasn't any part of the FBI counterintelligence investigation, what was the point? In June 2016, they "entrapped" Don Jr, Kushner and Manafort with the expectation that a year later, it would come to light?

Why wasn't this critical part of the overarching plan detailed in the Steele Dossier? Wouldn't that make the *most* sense?

I will answer your second part next.

First this has all been answered on that thread, but I dont mind discussing it here.

Just because V (the russian lawyer, man i hate typing out her name) was having meetings with other people doesnt mean that this meeting wasnt pushed for or known about by glenn simpson.

Honestly, do you really believe this russian lawyer having all of these meetings gets a meeting with about the biggest fish she has (don jr.) has dinner with her lawyer the night before and after the meeting, but doesnt even mention it to simpson?

You know that is not believable. But that is what steele testified to. So why would he lie. And why would he be in contact with bruce ohr about possible details from the american living russian businessman that was also at the meeting?

Most liekly V legitimately was trying to get sanctions removed for the maginstky act to everyone with influence she could. She was encouraged or at least told simpson that she offered don jr dirt on hillary.

Simpson then uses this info of his client, a russian, offering dirt on hillary as a reason to buttress the dossier he is paying to be put together.

He is backchanneling to obamas doj member bruce ohr about this all the while.

Then he lies to congress about not knowing about the meeting.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

The special counsel is buying its witnesses, bullying them into plea deals with threats of lengthy imprisonment, just to get to Trump.

I seriously question that. If that's so, then why didn't Manafort go for a sweet plea deal? And frankly, Cohen's deal ain't all that sweet.

In any event, since the country has elected a crooked snake as "president", maybe this is one case where the end will justify the means.

And there it is, just for anyone who still holds out some lunatic notion that this is all about justice. Thanks for finally being honest, now, if some others would just be honest, at least to themselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Oh wait, that wont happen

Correct. Because she didn't violate campaign finance laws either.
The woman was in politics practically out of college. She knows the laws and the rules and she knows the pack of wolves in Washington have it in for her. She would never give them the ammunition. Get real.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

ETA: and what about the fact that this "trap" only "worked" because idiot Don Jr was super excited at the prospect of receiving dirt straight from the Kremlin which was *literally* billed as being part of the Russian government's efforts to help Trump get elected? Put yourself in his place, if you'd gotten that email saying that exact thing, wouldn't your first thought be, "What effing efforts by the Russian government to help my father's campaign is this guy talking about?"

My first thought would have been, I wonder what it is, possibly a crime hillary committed?

Then I would have taken the meeting. Then, if what was told to me was evidnece of criminal activity, I would have reported it to the authorities.

All of which I assunme would have been perfectly legal and ethical.

Don jr., may have done just that. We will never know though, because he got no dirt.

Just like if I was hillary and I was paying a firm to get dirt on trump, and they came back to me and said they hired a uk spy to get dirt on trump from kremlin agents, I wouldnt say

"OMG stop right there! This may be colluding with russians and I dont want to do that!"

I would do as hillary did; hear them out, and if its evidnce of a crime, report it to the fbi.

Why was it ok for hillary to collude with russia but not don jr.?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Kickbacks? Kickbacks how? Just what are the dems going to give Cohen?

Some things just make no sense at all. This idea is one of those things.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Good for me! At least what I put together makes sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

No - I'm not going to bother. You either get this or you don't

About the unsecured server - in her home. Legal or not - I think that's a bigger story than anyone has been willing to touch on

But, we all have our theories :-)

now I have to ask. What part of this am I missing. I mean, the law, is well, it's the law, until it's changed, and it hasn't changed yet. Then there is the crime, as listed by James Comey. Then there is the part where unicorns and garden gnomes come to life and sprinkle magic fairy dust all over and say things like "Sure she was briefed on how to handle classified documents, but when she put that server in her home, and funneled classified docs through it, she really didn't intend to do anything wrong, just subvert FOIA requests for her data, which she also didn't intend to do, it was just a miraculous added bonus".

I'd run away too after making those statements, do I don't blame you for bailing.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Chuck schumer already gave you the answer; if you criuticize the intel agencies, they have many ways to get back at you

Hmmm. Nine ways to Sunday if I recall correctly. Lol
Maybe he shouldn't have been so shltty to them huh?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

God works in mysterious ways?

Yeah - it's like that. See why these conversations are so interesting --and so pointless?

The only way Intelligence agencies can be honest is if they put away our enemies

And trample all over the law to get it done. But the ends will justify the means........this time right? And they will never do shady sh!t like this again, unless we get another person you don't like who is voted in to a position you think someone else should have.

Jesus, it's really hard to believe people with integrity think like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join