It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The point of cohens plea deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Now I would first like to say this is just my opinion on what happened, and seeing as how none of us have access to what prosecutors discussed with cohen or his lawyer lanny davis, all of us are just speculating.

But here is what I htink happened.

Lanny davis, who is cohen lawyer, is a longtime clinton lawyer and supporter. His goal in this is not his clients best interest (in my opinion) but taking trump down and helping the clintons and democrats.

When the FBI raided cohens office, they no doubt found evidnce of many crimes; maybe some related to trump, but certainly many not related. The truth is, if you raided any high powered lawyer like cohen, you would find evidnce of crimes. ZAnd if you raided any politicians lawyer, 95% of them would have crimes.

This raiding of cohen was the big payoff for the deep state and mueller.

The russia collusion claim was a sham designed from the beginning by the FBI and later the mueller team to spy on trump connected people to get any dirt they could on trump, or if not him, people connected to him.

It is becoming clear that many of their tactics, such as relying on a foreign spy paid for by hillary who was getting dirt from russian oligarchs saying trump was trying to get dirt from some of those very same russian oligarchs was not going to be able to hold up to scrutiny the more that became public. In addition, the more texts of theirs thaat got released showing incredible bias against trump would further make this look inexcusable and most likely criminal.

So they needed something desperately on trump.

This best way to get that would be to get dirt on one of his associates, and then have them flip.

This is why we saw the judge in the manafort case, TS elliot, call out prosecutors saying it was obvious to him they had no interest in going after manafort, but were just using him as a tool to get to trump.

And this is why we saw Mueller looking at financial crimes from decades past for people that had nothing at all to do with the 2016 election.

And so, they finally got the holy grail they needed, an excuse to raid trump lawyers office.

Now a bit of an aside, but look at the difference in how the FBI treated this compared to hillary. In this case, the take the almost unprecedented step of raiding a presidents lawyer in the middle of the night to ensure no evidence is destroyed. In the hillary case, the fbi not only destroys hillarys teams evidence for them, but knows that hillarys team destroyed subpoenaed evidence, and doesnt even charge them with that crime.

They knew that if they got to raid cohen, they would find some evidnce of some crime he had committed, because just about every lawyer in his position would have committed some sort of financial crime.

Now came the kicker; they needed cohen to plead guilty to some crime thaat trump could theoretically be connected to.

So they probably made cohen this deal; you plead guilty to a few of the crimes you committed, and to this campaign finance crime, and we will drop the more serious charges against you.

Now thats not to say that trump did not possibly commit campaign finance crimes with cohen; and if he did he should be charged (like Obama's team was)

But whether he did or not is irrelevant to the fbi, because they know they were never trying to get a criminal case against trump, but rather a case for impeachment.

And so it doesnt matter thaat there is very good arguments for trump to make that he didnt break any laws, such as long as the payment wasnt ENTIRELY political, it was not illegal. And it doesnt matter that Obama was guilty of the same laws, and was only given a fine for it.

All that matters is that cohen said he was guilty, and trump is guilty too, and this is all the ammo the fbi needs. Now they send there friends at the msm (you know where brennan and clapper the former leaders of the intel community work) to feign outrage (outrage they never had when Obama broke these laws) and push for impeachment.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Now a bit of an aside, but look at the difference in how the FBI treated this compared to hillary. In this case, the take the almost unprecedented step of raiding a presidents lawyer in the middle of the night to ensure no evidence is destroyed. In the hillary case, the fbi not only destroys hillarys teams evidence for them, but knows that hillarys team destroyed subpoenaed evidence, and doesnt even charge them with that crime.

Given those facts.

How can ANYONE take current events seriously?

It's a clearly a political agenda.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm not stupid. I see the double standard. The Clinton family is running what is quite literally a criminal enterprise, and they get a free pass, both from the Feds and the media. And I'm supposed to be outraged by a couple of (dubious) campaign finance violations?

No. The media and the Dems can take their phony outrage and shove it. Serve indictments against Hillary, Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Strzok, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and all the other crooks who've flaunted their invulnerability in our faces. Then come back and ask me to care about this crap.

a reply to: neo96
Look at how bitterly anti-Trump Cohen's lawyer is. Do you seriously expect me to believe he was negotiating in his client's best interests?
edit on 22-8-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

And I'm supposed to be outraged by a couple of (dubious) campaign finance violations?

HILADELPHIA — Leaked emails show the Democratic National Committee scrambled this spring to conceal the details of a joint fundraising arrangement with Hillary Clinton that funneled money through state Democratic parties.

www.politico.com...

As many as 40 state-level Democratic parties may have been involved in a scheme to funnel as much as $84 million to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, a campaign finance lawyer contends.

www.foxnews.com...

Nevada’s Democratic Party could be pulled into a federal lawsuit that alleges the Hillary Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee illegally funneled millions to state parties that sent the money back to the DNC to support Clinton.

www.reviewjournal.com...

Just the right ones.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
And now look for cohen and manaforts guilt to be used to justify any more abuses that the intel community engaged in.

I said months ago this would be the play.

Mueller needed some guilty verdict, any at all.

That way when all of the dirt comes out about just what the intel community was doing at the start of the russian collusion invetsigation, they would justify it by saying they knew manafort or cohen or whoever were guilty of things.

Its ok that the fbi was incredibly biased, used hillary paid for oppo research sourced from russians to spy on trumps team, had members such as brce ohr or senators like marc warner backchennelling with russian oligracghs and foriegn spies off of the record, and all of the other abuses...

cause manafort committed finacial crimes 10 years ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I'm not stupid. I see the double standard. The Clinton family is running what is quite literally a criminal enterprise, and they get a free pass, both from the Feds and the media. And I'm supposed to be outraged by a couple of (dubious) campaign finance violations?

No. The media and the Dems can take their phony outrage and shove it. Serve indictments against Hillary, Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Strzok, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and all the other crooks who've flaunted their invulnerability in our faces. Then come back and ask me to care about this crap.

So you only care about laws being enforced if those you disagree with politically are held accountable for similar crimes, for which they have not been formally accused of or put on trial for?

That makes no sense whatsoever. That's a very immature, illogical argument.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Hmm you mean hillary is accused of campaign finance viilations?

Well surely her lawyer will be raided in the middle of the night, and be charged wigth every financial crime they have ever committed.

Oh wait, that wont happen.

And is there anyone who actually believes that had hillary one and the violatuions you site came to light, the media and everyone would be calling for impeachment and making a huge deal like they are about trump?

Of course they wouldnt.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So you only care about laws being enforced if those you disagree with politically are held accountable for similar crimes, for which they have not been formally accused of or put on trial for?

I cant speak for him, but I think if trump committed crimes, he should be held accountable.

This is directly opposed to you, he didnt even want investigations into hillary or the intel agents.

You ok with hillary teeam not being charged with destroying subpoenaed evidence? You ok that hillarys team hasnt had their lawyers office raided over thier finance violations?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah this has been ANTI-Trump propaganda from the onset. Many reasons to dislike Trump but his ex lawyer is doing it for kickbacks from dems at this point.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In the end this is a he said he said case... Would it shock me to hear that DT told him to do it no. IMO he more than likely did it on his own, DT was his meal ticket and he knew it so it also would not surprise me if he did it on his own.

Had Dems not started the Investigation none of this would have been found and he would be raking in the consulting fee's. again this is not an impeachable offense, and there is still no evidence of Russian collusion with the campaign. in the end this really changes nothing.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I prefer the wait and see method.

Trump "potentially" has some serious issues to address regardless of the way they come about.

It's been a long ride and it isn't over quite yet.

Walmart has popcorn on sale.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We all know both parties protect each other, and there are no go zones when it comes to going after someone.

Bush and Cheney wiped the Whitehouse email servers before they left.

Colin Powell has/had a private email account, he was the one who directed Hillary get one.

I'll blast both sides, everyone has been hiding their actions, why should they if there is nothing to hide? I won't hold my breath on investigations, and I'm all for Trump and co getting investigated, hell, prosecuted if need be.

But lets not stop there, lets keep this going and hold everyone accountable.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

...And is there anyone who actually believes that had hillary one and the violatuions you site came to light, the media and everyone would be calling for impeachment and making a huge deal like they are about trump?...

Of course they wouldnt.

You mean like she was hounded about Benghazi for years with absolutely nothing to show for it? I think the american people have seen enough commiserate 'witch-hunting' after Hillary that you're likely only to find agreement with those with a hate hard-on already for her.

link   

I'm still waiting on the investigation from Team Clinton,DNC,DCC subversion of democracy.

Everyone knows it's never going to happen, and the evidence ignored.

Illegal immigrants electioneering,primary rigging,campaign finance violations.

And it's been nothing but crickets.

The justice system of this country is an effing joke.

It's noting but political hitman.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Grambler

...And is there anyone who actually believes that had hillary one and the violatuions you site came to light, the media and everyone would be calling for impeachment and making a huge deal like they are about trump?...

Of course they wouldnt.

You mean like she was hounded about Benghazi for years with absolutely nothing to show for it? I think the american people have seen enough commiserate 'witch-hunting' after Hillary that you're likely only to find agreement with those with a hate hard-on already for her.

Oh so because their was an investigation into benghazi, we should never look at if hillary committed other crimes?

And why did none of the invetsigations into hillary involve he lawyers office getting raided to get evidence.

In fact, quite to the contrary, hillarys team destroyed subpoenaed evidence and wasnt charged for it.

But we get it, trump committs campaign violations, its a huge deal requiring lawyers be raided, talk of impeachment, etc.

Hillary does it, going after it would be a witch hunt. Obama found guilty of it, just a simple fine to pay.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The special counsel is buying its witnesses, bullying them into plea deals with threats of lengthy imprisonment, just to get to Trump.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Bush and Cheney wiped the Whitehouse email servers before they left.

They deleted all of their emails off of the RNC server.

Colin Powell has/had a private email account, he was the one who directed Hillary get one.

While Powell may have encouraged Hillary to use a personal email address to discuss some things, he certainly didn't advise her to use her own private server in which she had total control. Google and Microsoft were capable of backing up and preserving Powell's personal emails. Hillary didn't have to answer to anyone with her own private server.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Obama found guilty of it, just a simple fine to pay.

BARACK OBAMA'S presidential campaign has been fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violating federal disclosure laws, Politico reports.

An FEC audit of Obama for America's 2008 records found the committee failed to disclose millions of dollars in contributions and dragged its feet in refunding millions more in excess contributions.

www.usnews.com...

Clear as day anyone with D beside their names can get away with bloody murder.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The whole Benghazi saga is what led the Secretary of State's office to realize that they weren't holding any of Hillary's email communications on the subject due to her private server. That's why there was "nothing to show for it".

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Stealu1two

In the end this is a he said he said case... Would it shock me to hear that DT told him to do it no. IMO he more than likely did it on his own, DT was his meal ticket and he knew it so it also would not surprise me if he did it on his own.

Had Dems not started the Investigation none of this would have been found and he would be raking in the consulting fee's. again this is not an impeachable offense, and there is still no evidence of Russian collusion with the campaign. in the end this really changes nothing.

You're right about Michael Cohen trying to make Trump his meal ticket.

I believe that he was selling his influence based on his relationship with Trump to the likes of AT&T and others to line his pockets with retaining fees. Once again, all the same things that Bill and Hillary were doing through the Clinton Foundation. I just can't believe that Cohen was so ignorant to try and pull a Bill and Hillary in these times, but greed exhibits no common sense. It's clear that Cohen lacked any common sense when he hired Lanny Davis as his attorney too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join