It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baltic Sea Anomaly - a bunker?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Could we transport the 3 objects with that kind of size and weight with modern equipment? Is there a way to ship these 3 objects together and recreate the trail using the latest technology? Or is that still impossible?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Great idea, but how did it end up all the way out there, simply too large for the German's to have shipped something like this over from Germany but of course it could have been floated over with some buoyancy aid's and lost in a storm..

Personally I doubt it is German but they did have a motive and even had that whole giant gun thing for a while were bigger was thought to be better, if they could have established a viable giant shore battery installation on both sides of the entrance to the Baltic which they pretty much owned at that time it would have been a suitable show of power but even with there love of insane inventions and obvious ingenuity I believe shipping and then lifting something like this would have been beyond them during the war time period, if it had been peacetime however just maybe but then why ship it when it could have been built on site far more simply and with far less technical difficulty's.

So NOT the German's, who else could or would have done so, the Russians even at the height of the cold war would have had no motive since there investment was in ballistic missile's, tank's, helicopter gunship's and of course ballistic submarines and they had learned from the failure of both the Maginot line which the German's had bypassed and the Siegfried line which the western allies took, the German's own eastern wall was never completed but it is likely it would not have availed against Stalin's organ's anyway.

You effectively argued why it is improbable that it is a Second World War bunker.

The features of the object resemble those found on bunkers. Bunkers may have influenced the design of this object while the purpose can be different. Would this construction fit the entrance of a DUMB? The round platform as the connecting point for a lift mechanism over a vertical shaft? And the gun emplacement overhang a heavily protected air duct leading to air purification chambers. This air intake can then be used to refresh the air in the lower levels.

It would put the whole structure in a far more recent time period making it more likely that the technology to transport the object already existed.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I like that theory,and the pic kinda resembles the millennium falcon.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OhGoOn

The question there would be why place an entrance to a DUMB in such a place, there is no reason why it could not be though but it would have to be fitted with a docking port of some kind for a pressurized seal to a submersible.

I believe most DUF's - I'll call them facility's since not all are military perhaps and by this we can also take into account other underground projects including mining and oil extraction as well as other facility's usually built using old played out mines - deep underground facility's - would have there (or one of) entrance on land or at least have an air lock type facility perhaps capable of housing submersible craft if they were built beneath the ocean - which is not actually that far fetched since during the cold war there was most certainly a motive for doing so, fuel dump's, resupply and repair facility's as well as undersea C&C facility's.

The other potential would be a large concrete, metal or composite plug built to seal a former oil well but since there have never been any rig's in the area that is highly unlikely and it also in no way resembles any that our engineer's have made today.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The object in its current place fulfills no purpose. It is upside down and has a trail indicating it crashed not a careful installation.  

It is far more likely an accident during transport while the final destination was dry land. 

So going with your suggestion an old played out mine has received a new purpose and the engineers created this structure and planned to put it above the shaft. Makes sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OhGoOn

Indeed there is a scar like a crash which to me actually precludes it being placed over something, it seem's that whatever it was came in at an oblique angle with enough force to leave that long scar like a crashed rather than a placed object.
But even if it was something we would probably be the last to know, I do however believe that the guy's whom made the discovery Ocean X are indeed milking for money and indeed that is the only reason they were even searching in the area in the first place.
In the end it could very well turn out to be a lot more mundane than we want it to be but until then it remains one of the most intriguing mysteries of the Baltic.
My personal favorite remains the anomalous structures off the north west of Cuba which resemble a city and temple's in a very meso american style at least on there sonar images and I personally do not buy the claim's that they are natural formation's, but if they were a city they are estimated - by current geological knowledge and theory - to be approximately 50.000 + years minimum placing them to the very start of the late paleolithic era as it is believe that is how long it would have taken for them to have sunk to that depth barring a major cataclysmic upheaval - of which there have probably been several during that period so they could be substantially younger if they are artificial and this then that places them over the last glacial period and it's previous warm inter-glacial period (once believed to be the third inter-glacial period).

And some argue it is OVER 100.000 years old which would really throw a spanner in the work's for the anthropological and archaeological community's.

So my argument is that if that could have been an artificial structure - though not accepted by the mainstream since it would be extremely problematic for there entrenched notions and model's of the past - at that time period then there is no reason why other cultures could not have existed even in the Baltic region at that same time period.

Of course the Baltic anomaly is probably rather much younger than that other mystery.

edit on 30-8-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join