It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Doesn't affect the Average Citizen....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to openning post:

tell that to the 3000 average persons that died on manhattan island back in '01. terrorism will and does affect everyone everytime it happens. the madrid train bombings affected me. i'm in texas. the explosions in iraq every week affect me, not because i know anyone involved or hurt by them, but because it is my country involved in that country's well-being. the terrorism that swept through central america in the 70's and 80's affected me, although i was very young at the time. the barracks bombing in lebanon affected me as my father was in south korea at the time, but i saw military guys on tv getting blown up, what was i supposed to think? don't ever say that terrorism doesn't affect the average person. you will be very wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
to anyone who uses the " they had free elections and the people are free know" statement I have a question. What about the american soldiers who died or got wounded thinking they were fighting to protect us?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What do you mean "what about..." What exactly about them? The US has an all volunteer force. People join the military because they want to. They get paid to. The purpose of the military is the hurt people and break things in order for an enemy to bend to our will. It is our will to eliminate a present or future threat (against anything in particular, which by certain extension is ourselves.) Members of the military know that they may be injured. If you want a safe job, you work at HR Block in a cubicle, you don't enlist into the military... unless... (no, sorry, it's too easy.)

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
to the writer who said, that he's affected, by terrorism, well trhat's what the government wants you to believe, Note well I am not an anti bush guy, or neither I am for the so called bogeymen like Bin laden, all i am trying to make the point, is to be LOGICAL PEOPLE, DON"T TAKE WHAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS TO SAY FOR GRANTED! TRHEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO FOOL YOU, TAKE THIS FOR EXAMPLE: We want to war with SYRIA, well a few days ago, a man purpotedly suppose to be some syrian intelligence office appears on Iraqi, propaganda tv( funded by the pentagon) saying the insurgents are tools of syria, trying to prevent america from entering Syria. Now at the same time we have an anti Syria uprising in lebanon, U.S is accusing syria of assasinating former PM of lebanon, sheesh... It;s a whole Ball game, let's put sanctions on Syria, then Blacklist them as a supporter of terrorism, then say they are a national security threat to Us , let's invade them, and so the cycle goes, or Bin Laden is cooperating with syrian intelligence........... and so it continues.......

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
What do you mean "what about..." What exactly about them? The US has an all volunteer force. People join the military because they want to. They get paid to. The purpose of the military is the hurt people and break things in order for an enemy to bend to our will. It is our will to eliminate a present or future threat (against anything in particular, which by certain extension is ourselves.) Members of the military know that they may be injured. If you want a safe job, you work at HR Block in a cubicle, you don't enlist into the military... unless... (no, sorry, it's too easy.)

AlphaHumana-
You are damn right it's an all volunteer force.....and it's because of the price that has been paid by the military that it os . Thank God, Allah, Buddha whoever that we have a volunteer force and not a military with mandantory service. I know people in the Military that have degrees,
and know thier job batter than any civilian counterpart...some get out and become bums, some get out and go to school and some get out and get high paying.
BTW can you finish your statement, what's to easy?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh, "...it's too easy..." was just a silly burn on some of the more, umm, "irrelevant/inactive/?" militaries of the world compared to that of the US and it's coalition... now and throughout history.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by AlphaHumana]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join