It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Doesn't affect the Average Citizen....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by the lies and propganda of the Bush administration, the tony Blair administration, or any other government that are spreading these fears. terror on a whole doesn't affect you or me, let's face, it. what we are affected by is the draconian measures implemented by the state on our civil liberities, etc
the gloves are off, terror only affects and disrupts the staus quo implemented by those who created it. of course innocent s are harmed along the way, because as in all conflicts, innocents are harmed, and destroyed, they are just the casualities. But their are others on this board who may have diffrent views , let us hear them....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Be very afraid,very afraid.

Usually it doesn't involve any average citizens.It's usually the government officials and social servants that get the bullet from terrorism.They're just spreading around the warmth my friends.Ain't it good to feel the fear together than alone?

Poor scary little Bush sitting under the table of his oval office.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The knowledge of the wars in this War on Terrorism does affect the average U.S. citizen. At least if the average U.S. citizen has any sympathy for the plight of other human beings upon whom their suffering abroad is a direct result of actions taken by a government that is tolerated into continuing this needless strife. It affects average U.S. citizens through taxes, through acquaintances directly involved in the conflict, and the knowledge that they are in some way responsible for tolerating the conflict's existence.

The amount of so-called collateral damage (meaning innocent murders) the War on Terrorism has caused already is a devastatingly huge and nebulous number purposefully kept away from the minds of those against military engagements like this. I for one cannot stand to know that the country I was born in would do such horrible things to other people like this. Others feel the same way I am sure, but the society we live in represses such thoughts to points primarily unseen by the masses.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
but what i am focussing rite now is does the current islamic terror wave or threat affects the average citizen, american or not. the lies that bush and company wants you to believe, is that terrorists are a DIRECT threat to you. Which in fact, is not true. true you maybe, in a 50-50 situation be affected, indirectly in one way or another. well that's another story.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Be more afraid of your own government inciting worldwide hatred towards you for their foreign policy crimes.

Be afraid for your children when they grow up and have to deal with the hatreds and rage that the War On Terror has brought to the "Oppressed" of the world that your President is telling you he is saving.

Be afraid for the next generation of terrorists that are being bred right now, and they don't have to go to any "terrorist school", they just have to sit down with their families and listen to the horrors that have happened to them because of the American Military Machine.

Osama Bin Laden's greatest recruiting tool is sitting in the White House right now, sending your children and friends to Iraq to die, while his cronies count the money they are making, and his two military-age daughters are out partying and getting pardoned for possession and drinking and driving.

Don't be afraid for yourself, be afraid for your children, they are the ones with the most to lose, and you can thank US foreign policy for all of it. Unless you try to change it.

The world is getting more and more polarized, and your government ratchets up the tension constantly. Of course, those in power don't have much to worry about, your Congress is full of millionaires. It's not they who are vulnerable.

It's overseas Americans Bob and Sally Jones living peacefully in UAE who are dragged out of their house and beheaded because of what their government does to other people. And you know what, George W ush doesn't give a rat's ayse about the Joneses' and he doesn't give a rat's ayse about you.

He is concerned with repaying all the favors that were given to him to become President. You are a gnat to him. A taxpaying, stupid gnat.

But so is he. He just pays no taxes.

jako

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Jakomo:

Osama Bin Laden's greatest recruiting tool is sitting in the White House right now, sending your children and friends to Iraq to die, while his cronies count the money they are making, and his two military-age daughters are out partying and getting pardoned for possession and drinking and driving.

*shakes head*.
Here's the bottom line, Jakomo: International terrorism is on the decline and has been. Coincedence? On whose part: Bush or Osama's?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thats's funny seekerof, all I could find from a major news source, was an article from september saying the opposite.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Just cause Bush says it doesn't make it true, we should all know that by now.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
IMHO, Terrorism Inc. is a controlled force among the world. I know that the CIA has a major hand in the game, as well as other agencies who side with policy of the CIA/US admin. I've read alternative sources which cite a true case of a CIA agent who reportedly blew his own legs off trying to plant a bomb. Of course, it never went reported in the mainstream media. If it did, mainstream people would get mixed feelings about the war on terror.

Those who benefit the most are those in the Government. Pertaining to the US, I understand people are complaining about losing their liberties. You know who benefits the most from the war on terror, and you know who loses the most.

It really does affect the average person, because yes, people notice that they are losing their liberties.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thats funny LeftBehind: I found a few myself, saying just what I asserted:
Terrorism Remains Problem Despite Decline in Attacks, Black Says
INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM

seekerof

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Seekerof]

TPL

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Terrorism doesn't effect my everyday life. I more concerned about being mugged or attacked than Al-Qaeda.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
*gurrrt!**scramble*
In other news... 50 million people have been liberated from oppressive regimes. Free elections have been held in Afghanistan, free elections have been held in Iraq, free elections have been held in Palestine, muni elections have been held in Saudi Arabia.

btw, Seekerof, AWESOME avatar of Condi!

[edit on 23-2-2005 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry seekerof one of those links was to the U.S. state department and it was talking about a decline in terrorism since 1969, not since 9-11. Your second link wanted me to download something.

Apparently you missed the fact that the article I posted refuted the claims of the State department. Terrorism is increasing. For simple proof look at the amount of "terrorists" or insurgents in iraq. We might as well call all the civilian deaths by insurgents in iraq, death by terrorism.

Terrorism is on the rise worldwide, however as an American citizen your chances are better for dying in a car accident, not terrorism. 40,000+ a year are killed by car accidents yet we don't lose liberties over that.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not to knock you Seekerof but one of your links doesnt support your assertations that terrorism has declined as a result of intervention of the Bush Admin.

INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM

quoted from concluding remarks of Seekerof's link
The American government calls upon these figures to declare the Global War on Terrorism a success. The decline in the number of attacks surely is, among other factors, a result of international cooperation since September 11th. The figures, however, point to a structural decline in the number of terrorist attacks over the medium long period. The explanation, suggested by the US government, is thus unsatisfactory, for it was only in the last two years and a half that international cooperation was really stepped up In addition, one can argue that a decline in the number of attacks due to intense international cooperation has been neutralised at least partly by the ongoing war in Iraq, as it probably has given the recruitment of Islamist terrorists a new momentum. To sum up, when looking terrorism from 1977 until 2003, we can conclude that terrorism as a political tool has diminished gradually but in a sustained manner. Without the war in Iraq, the number of attacks would more than likely be at an even lower level.

In other words international terrorism was on the decline long before the Bush administration even took office and Bush's actions may actually have worked to counteract the decline.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I dont know what your train on logic is, but most (99.999999%) of US citizens are effected by terrorism. What about the thousands that died in the trade centers, or the thousands of Marines and soldiers deployed to iraq and other hot spots through out the world, and the mothers and fathers, daughters and sisters and whatever else who lost someone in the terrorist attacks (not only 9/11 but all of them). What about the Americans working at embassies who are attacked by terrorist because they are Americans....having a bomb lunged into your yard isnt a good feeling.

You are talking crazy, just cause you don't see/feel/live the effects, doesnt mean most people don't

On the other hand, good thread...original.seriously

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well, I guess I stand corrected, huh?

State Department to republish Patterns of Global Terrorism report

My mistake. Correction noted. Thank you.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Someone said 99.99999% are affected by terrorism!! Perhaps she took a sample study of her pet rats waiting the fall of tower #1, I don't know. I have not seen any difference in my everyday life since 911 (I don't fly a lot, by have about 15 times or so since the terrorists struck.) If that Kerry had been elected, we probably would have something to worry about, but, no - and - no.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am affected by terrorism everyday I drive through the intersection.

Everytime I go to the airport some drone is patting my eh yaa just to make sure I don't have a BOMB there. At least it could be a she, and she could be really hot. (couldn't I just state I was uncomfortable with a man,)

Terrorism affects every citizen becuase the government chooses to pass the Patriot ACT another step in stupidity. Also Homeland waste of money lameness.

Terrorism will happen no matter what (the government will make sure of it)
but in my perfect world, everyone would carry a gun, all of us on equal ground and all the idoits would be dead.

There is nothing you can do to stop the events that are occoring, but soon the Lord will come again and all this will be less than a shadow of a memory.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i lost a friend in the bali bombing, so terrorism has effected me directly. but our war on terrorism is a joke. a very bad one at that. no matter how long the list of dead americans and iraqis gets, it will not bring me friend back. on the contrary, it has condemned more families to go through the agony that my friends family have gone through.

criminals should be brought to justice, not have the land they came from ruined for generations, as this will only add to the cycle of insanity we are locked into.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Its easy to say that it doesnt affect you, because it hasnt ..yet. Thats the thing with these people. You never know when or where or with what. Im not suggesting barracading yourself in your house or anything, but at the same time, you should keep your eyes open.

Now if you live way out in BFE, your probably good, but if you live in NYC or somewhere similar, you'd be a fool to think "not me!!"..Remember, theres lots of people out there who want us dead.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have to say that it is most likely possible that a good majority of the millions of US citizens will not be "Directly" effected by a terrorist act. That does not however take into effect what others have stated and more. It is more than likely that they WILL be "Indirectly" effected by terrorist actions or results of terrorist actions.

If, God forbid, another 9/11 type terrorist act occurs on US soil. There will be a relatively small number of people directly effected. On top of those directly effected there will be a larger number of relatives, friends, etc. that will be closely indirectly effected. Beyond those there will be the vast majority that will be indeirctly effected by the media coverage and even more so by laws inacted.

Even more so things like oil prices will sky rocket, effecting everyone as prices for everything will go up.

Many laws will most likely be enacted that will even further take away rights that we have given to us by the 'Bill of Rights'.

Loss of financial stability will most likely increase crime rates. Possibly increasing prison popullations, thus increasing tax burdens.

It is a vicious circle.

Before long, we will all be suspected terrorists. There will be no freedoms, you will be guilty until you admit, through torture that you are a terrorist. There will no proof of innocence, as noone will want to possibly let a potential terrorist go accidentally. The fact that you are innocent really will be hidden and pushed under the covers of controlled media.

The belief that a few innocents who die will be a valid sacrifice for such a worthy and just cause, of "Bringing Democracy to the World, and Fighting the War on Terrorist."

These are of course possibilities that could occur and not hardened facts.

But that is what the Terrorist want. They want to create mayhem. They want the US government to enact laws that take away the freedoms and rights that we currently have. They want us to fear ourselves and turn against each other.

The current administration is buying into this hook line and sinker.

Phae

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join