It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen's lawyer says he will not accept pardon from 'criminal' Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Was one offered? No? Then Davis is talking out of his ass.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Grambler

Or in this case, cohen may plea to a crime he is innocent of to get out of being charged with a much more severe crime.

Which suggests he may have a much bigger crime over his head.

Then why not go after him for it ? Take him to court, prosecute and sentence him... Because it has nothing to do with President Trump.

Go after a real crime and get no political benefit ? Or get a plea deal on nothing and make political hay ?
They said "lets make hay."

The reason is that Mr Cohen would literally be torn apart on the witness stand for his past statements and being grilled on the particulars of his plea deal. Also the SD of NY prosecutor would also been called to defend his deal with Cohen.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

While that is all true, that wasn't the main reason. Politically speaking.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For all Cohen's lawyer's talk about him cooperating with Mueller, I suspect -- very strongly -- that Mueller already knows anything Cohen might have to say. And the fact that he referred this to the SD of NY prosecutor means he doesn't give a crap about Cohen or anything he might have to say.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: yuppa

What?!?!

A plea deal means you are cutting a deal because you know you will be convicted..

Ill get you the link since you are playing coy.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Now carefully read this.

Fascinating. Thanks for linking to that.

Edit: That article contains a link to another article that discusses the concept of "legal fiction."

Plea Bargaining’s Guilt Problem: Why guilty defendants sometimes plead to crimes they never committed.

It's from June, and it's not talking about Trump or Russia or anything related. It's discussing how, while plea bargains are very convenient (and are how almost every defendant is convicted), they often result in the defendant pleading guilty to something that in no way resembles what he actually did. They cite a guy who plead guilty to trespassing to avoid an animal cruelty charge, and how many people in California will plead guilty to all sorts of fictional charges to avoid being labelled a sex offender. Definitely worth a read.
edit on 22-8-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Cohen basically hired Bill Clinton's lawyer to represent him

These are certainly different times are they not?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe Trump got played?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The thought pattern indicates that cohen's attorney must be a liberal Democrat?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Impeachment ANY SECOND NOW!

hahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's the most repetitive threat since DJ Khaled entered the scene.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Lysergic

It's the most repetitive threat since DJ Khaled entered the scene.

It's my fav.

Got a pseudo bet with a member, claiming it will be by end of year or term.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'll give Michael Cohen Credit for the Balls he's showing.

Last Month he paid 7M CASH for an apartment.........Now...

Link to Contribute Cmon Democrats Help a Fella Out

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No trump has very few friends, that’s true

When you slightly go against the war mongering deep state, that tends to alienate you

Just ask chuck schumer, he told us all this would happen

So Cohen, who is a criminal, had his office raided by the deep state

So now he is playing ball

His lawyer Lanny Davis is not just Hillary connected, but is also the lawyer of one of the very Russian oligarchs trumps team is said to have colluded with

It’s clear this was the plan all along

Make up any story, wiretap any person, break any law to get one just one person close to trump to flip, and then use that flip to justify all of the law breaking needed to get there

But hey cheers to the neo libs and neo cons!

If they are successful, I look forward to the endless wars and regime changes they will offer!

Boy o boy here we go. Now we can blame dumb ass tRumps problems on Cohen's lawyer. So of you people are so stupid it defies logic.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: Grambler

No trump has very few friends, that’s true

When you slightly go against the war mongering deep state, that tends to alienate you

Just ask chuck schumer, he told us all this would happen

So Cohen, who is a criminal, had his office raided by the deep state

So now he is playing ball

His lawyer Lanny Davis is not just Hillary connected, but is also the lawyer of one of the very Russian oligarchs trumps team is said to have colluded with

It’s clear this was the plan all along

Make up any story, wiretap any person, break any law to get one just one person close to trump to flip, and then use that flip to justify all of the law breaking needed to get there

But hey cheers to the neo libs and neo cons!

If they are successful, I look forward to the endless wars and regime changes they will offer!

Boy o boy here we go. Now we can blame dumb ass tRumps problems on Cohen's lawyer. So of you people are so stupid it defies logic.

Before you call someone dumb check your grammar. Cohen plead guilty to 2 non crimes to be spared from the other counts he was facing. Both counts of paying off those women are actually legal due to a canidate being able to give himself infinite cash or self support to win his election. even if cohen paid them trump supplied the money to him and since he was acting on his orders it was legal.

Lanny Davis is Clinton controlled and has told Cohen do this or else basically. This also allows Cohen to keep his money he made. read the plea deal. HE will do prolly serve at most 6 months or a year for good time then get out a rich man.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Why does it sound like this lawyer is calling into the Independent from his moms basement lol... so someone facing up to a decade in prison is going to reject a get out of jail free card huh? Man I wish I had a lawyer that great. There's a high chance this plan to take down Trump will back fire like the many before it, mark my words...
edit on 23/8/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Why does it sound like this lawyer is calling into the Independent from his moms basement lol... so someone facing up to a decade in prison is going to reject a get out of jail free card huh? Man I wish I had a lawyer that great. There's a high chance this plan to take down Trump will back fire like the many before it, mark my words...

Unless of course this is a circus to keep the partisan talking heads going round in circles...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Btw what is the guy is talking about when he says Trump uses pardons like no other president in history to relieve his cronies of political guilt. Here is a list of the half a dozen pardons Trump has made, seems like maybe one was a politician but hasn't been since 2016.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yes lets remember cohen lawyer lanny davis is a ling time clinton ally, who is also represnting one of the very russian oligarchs that is being investigated with connection to trumps team.

Now if this lawyer is doing as he should, and keeping his client cohen best interest in mind, why would he tell him to refuse any pardon?

Its almost as if lanny davis is looking to hurt trump or potect is russian client and the clintons more than he is looking out for cohen.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What pardon? Trump threw Cohen under the bus. Like the rest of Trumpworld, this is all a reality TV drama.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Btw what is the guy is talking about when he says Trump uses pardons like no other president in history to relieve his cronies of political guilt. Here is a list of the half a dozen pardons Trump has made, seems like maybe one was a politician but hasn't been since 2016.

en.wikipedia.org...

Joe Arpaio, racist sheriff. Kristian Saucier, Russian mole. Scooter Libby, outed the identity of an active CIA agent. Dinesh D'Sousa, election fraudster. The Hammonds, refused to pay to graze on taxpayer owned land; seized our property at gunpoint. See a pattern here?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join