It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Verify Obama and something BIG coming.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: RadioRobert

If you also acknowledge that jogging with a buddy would most likely have prevented this tragedy.

I agree.

But what if everytime you try to make a common sense suggestion like having a companion, I take offense and instead accuse you of being sexist because not all men are rapists, and besides having a buddy doesn't mean anything at all. People are assaulted by people they know all the time. I am a good person and would never harm you; so are many others. I think you thinking you need a jogging companion is offensive to me and many others. It's proof you are just are prejudiced against men and strangers.

Is that the mark of honest discussion?
edit on 22-8-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Arnie123

Well, he's an illegal and thats an issue we are currently having to work out.

And that's an issue that will never get completely worked out, unless we turn the US in to a completely authoritarian society in which we either go after people with certain "looks", or everyone is suspect and we become a "papers please" society.

Why are illegals killing citizens?

Because people kill other people from time to time.

Why do citizens kill citizens?

The same reasons illegals kill citizens.

The fact you are asking that question shows that you really do not understand the issue whatsoever.
None of that makes any sense.

You can have an effective system in place, considering how advanced facial technology has come. You can work out a good portion of the the issue to the point where specialized teams would focus on the oddities.
The rest would have to be done politically as working with Mexico to curb illegal immigration and perhaps forge a new deal that would be more appealing to the average Mexican, maybe the whole nation building was right all along, just not in the middle east, rather, our neighbor.

As for illegals killing citizens, you're only proving that leftist think too literally and not critically.
If any illegal is here for the purposes of trying to better themselves, they would try for work and push for legality. These I can understand and thus grandfather them in.
However, an illegal here for personal gain from a negative pov, negative as in disregard for host country law and or killing of soveriegn lawful Americans, then by every means we should continue to push for more immigration powers and seal the holes.

*Remember, we want to the best, not rapist and murderers 😌

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

If you also acknowledge that jogging with a buddy would most likely have prevented this tragedy.

I agree.

But what if everytime you try to make a common sense suggestion like having a companion, I take offense and instead accuse you of being sexist because not all men are rapists, and besides having a buddy doesn't mean anything at all. People are assaulted by people they know all the time. I am a good person and would never harm you; so are many others. I think you thinking you need a jogging companion is offensive to me and many others. It's proof you are just are prejudiced against men and strangers.

No, it’s not. It’s also not the mark of honest discussion to pretend building a wall will prevent predators from doing what predators do. As we all know, they will find a way.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just trying to figure out how this guy being a POS proves anything other than this guy is a POS. Just kind of weird. It's like some sort of confirmation bias for everyone or something.
Well, he's an illegal and thats an issue we are currently having to work out.

Why are illegals killing citizens?

Why does anyone kill anyone? Why did American citizen Stephen Paddock shoot and kill 58 people at an outdoor music venue in Las Vegas? Why did American citizen Adam Lanza shoot and kill 20 6 and 7 year old children at a public school? Why did American citizen Nicholas Cruz shoot and kill 17 people at a public school in Parkland Florida?
Because those AMERICANS were troubled as a result of some issues they had and perhaps key people failed them in that respect.

Americans aren't perfect and yes, there is a lot of crime, but, it's US. This is our problem and we're doing what we do best in order to prevent them.

Illegals aren't excluded from this and therein were it stops.

Illegals have already committed their first aggressive, coming here illegally.
As already having broken the law, killing a citizen shows their inability to obey the law and thus are a detriment to AMERICAN SOCIETY.

At the very least, a properly working and vetted system would invite those willingly to undergo the legal process and thus prove their intents are positive, leading to productive members of society. What ensues beyond that point is subject to how they react to American society during integration.

These are complex issues and simpy saying murder is murder doesn't work in these regards.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I agree.

No, it’s not. It’s also not the mark of honest discussion to pretend building a wall will prevent predators from doing what predators do. As we all know, they will find a way.

Walking or jogging with a buddy won't prevent someone from being raped or accosted either. Sometimes people the victim knows are the attackers. Predators will find a way.

Locking your doors won't prevent a determined thief or rapist. They can enter through a window, break or pick the lock, or trick you into opening the door. Predators will find a way.

But we still minimize risks.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You can have an effective system in place, considering how advanced facial technology has come. You can work out a good portion of the the issue to the point where specialized teams would focus on the oddities.

How do you choose who has to be checked by that technology? Is it just people that "look" a certain way that have to be checked, or is it for everyone?

As I said..."paper please" seems to be the solution. So much for freedom. We will trade it for security, right?

The rest would have to be done politically as working with Mexico to curb illegal immigration and perhaps forge a new deal that would be more appealing to the average Mexican, maybe the whole nation building was right all along, just not in the middle east, rather, our neighbor.

And we haven't been trying to do just that for the past 30-40 years?

As for illegals killing citizens, you're only proving that leftist think too literally and not critically. If any illegal is here for the purposes of trying to better themselves, they would try for work and push for legality. These I can understand and thus grandfather them in. However, an illegal here for personal gain from a negative pov, negative as in disregard for host country law and or killing of soveriegn lawful Americans, then by every means we should continue to push for more immigration powers and seal the holes.

So, since we are thinking critically, how exactly do you decide what people's intent is? Are they going to tell us they have negative intent and disregard? Do we assume some people have negative intent and disregard?

Please explain precisely how this system will work and how you are going to root out the bad ones, unless they actually do something to pop-up on the radar?

Remember, we want to the best, not rapist and murderers

How do you do that? So far, it sounds like you are advocating for a system that requires authoritarian measures against either specific groups of people or the population at large.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If I’m hearing you right, you are also for stricter gun regulations - to minimize risk. Good!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Uncontrolled immigration isn't an enumerated right of the world's population, so it's not wholly analogous. But I'm okay with background checks and prohibitions based on mental health or prior violent convictions, the same way I want a worker VISA program with background checks instead of allowing anyone and everyone to cross our border. Many of whom are engaged in trafficking of drugs or people, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My bet goes to they knew of the people that passed but were not qualified. So make this statement of compliance. Even if we knew they were illegal, the system said OK so we are covered.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Using this premise we should spend billions of dollars on every stereotypical group right? I mean if we break down murders by stereotype I'm sure that Illegal's will pop up to the top of the list right?

If you haven't noticed there are bad apples in every group. What about the husband that just murdered his wife and kids. We should ban all husbands right? That husband applied for a marriage license, and we didn't catch him. OMG I bet Q predicted this and there is some huge marriage conspiracy that the government is involved in...

But seriously, I'm not sure where the conspiracy is here. No one wants to see anyone murdered, but one case out of the thousands shouldn't be a rallying cry to build a wall.

We have far greater problems to look at. If we were just to look at our war on drugs and all of the trickle down impact of that it would have far greater impact than chasing one illegal that murdered an innocent person.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No, it's that if everyone was vetted and no one was illegal the odds people like him get in go down. So no one should be illegal.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, the IRS under Obama said do it. It was public, Obama let it continue, under his watch. Read sources.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This part of the employer statement is so strange to me.

They are just told one of their employees was the killer and they go into a very detailed explanation of how they verified he was legal to work.

I understand CYA, but that's for courts typically.....not a statement to the news.

Really, I am kind of shocked they even made a statement at all.

Maybe they feel betrayed by the system they thought was valid and would protect against the very thing that happened - hiring an illegal immigrant. I would feel the same way. They got hood-winked by the joke of e-verify and I'm sure are a bit dumbfounded that it did not accomplish the very purpose it was supposedly established.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Are you saying that it is the victim's own fault that she was murdered?
??

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I find it really odd that the employer even mentioned this in his statement. He was way too specific about it for some reason.

Have you seen some of the headlines? Here's one: "Man accused of killing Mollie Tibbets worked at farm tied to Republican farmer" Source

In other words, our fine MSM has decided that this farmer being a Republican is relevant. The farm is under attack from these idiots and is fighting back. They're being accused of hiring illegals and for having "Republican ties," whatever the hell that means. I see no problem with them fighting back at all.
edit on 8/22/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Nope. It’s the predator’s fault. I blame predators for the fact that women can’t really go alone and unprotected in isolated areas. If it weren’t for predators, we could go anywhere we want, anytime we want, as we should be able to.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

From the E Verify website-

"E-Verify can not be used for the purposes of “background screening” or “checking a SSN or identity”

E-Verify can only be run on new employees after an offer of employment has been made and accepted.

E-Verify is an online application maintained by USCIS and used to submit information from a completed Form I-9 via E-Verify to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for electronic verification of employment eligibility. E-Verify is either voluntarily used as an optional supplement to Form I-9, or required by law. E-Verify case results receive direct authorization from both SSA and DHS, establishing a vast distinction between this and SSN background screening services.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The government tells illegals to steal SSN and then says use that SSN to verify your identity.

So you're saying the government is inept and dangerous? Agreed.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't understand whats weird - the farmer probably suspected he was illegal but is prevented from profiling or deeper background checks and is highlighting the fact he used the best system offered which is garbage.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes and we need to fix the problems.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join