It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negating the 1st Amendment: Facebook, the Atlantic Council, and the by-proxy path to tyranny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
One of the biggest hurdles in the face of implementing a New World Order is the cherished Western principle of freedom of speech. Widespread hate speech laws in the EU have already solved that 'problem' there, but the USA is a thornier issue because of the 1st Amendment. Overt violation of the Constitution gives Americans itchy trigger fingers, and it's no secret the global elites very much resent and disapprove of that fateful decision to include the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights; they're right it wasn't originally intended as an individual right, but they are obviously dead wrong that it shouldn't be, and thankfully the SCOTUS has a habit of liberally interpreting the Bill of Rights to give people a lot of freedom of action. So getting rid of dissent isn't going to be as simple as passing a law putting up an American version of the Great Firewall. They are forced to use craftier means of suppression.

Enter Facebook and Google. These tech giants have suspiciously faced calls of late from mainstream media outlets (which, we must remember, are all owned by just 5 megaconglomerates that have their hands in every level of the US government) to suppress "hate speech" and "fake news" and combat "Russian trolls". This they have done, which, if you have been paying attention over the last couple weeks, they have done, not just to humble vitality pill merchant Alex Jones but independent media sources and left-wing activists. Now, as private companies, they have, just like you and I do, the right to deny people a platform for their speech. But that defence is disingenuous, due to the origins of this purge.

Facebook didn't just out of the blue go on this crusade. They conducted this campaign in direct co-operation with The Atlantic Council, a think tank usually overshadowed by the big meme think tanks like the Bilderbergs, Council of Foreign Relations and Trilateral Commission, but shouldn't be. This think tank has direct ties to the US and many European governments as well as many huge corporations. Their board consists of such big shots as Madeleine Albright, Shaukat Aziz, Carl Bildt, General James Clapper, Mario Greco, Chuck Hagel, Marillyn Hewson, Ernest Moniz, Rupert Murdoch, Lawrence Summers, John Watson and Robert Zoellick, each representing their respective country, government department, or transnational corporation. Their directors include such characters as Henry Kissinger, Wesley Clark, Philip Breedlove, Leon Panetta, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Ashton Carter, all led by a former editor of the Wall Street Journal, Frederick Kempe.

So you can see the structure we have here - high-ranking officials from the US Military and State Department (technically former, but we all know by now DC is a constantly revolving door; retirement is just a formality) consult with the heads of megacorps and foreign governments to develop policy plans that are then implemented via co-ordination with companies like Facebook. Given who's running it and the censorship Facebook is pursuing, it's clear The Atlantic Council, under the guise of fighting 'Russian interference', is furthering the interests of the Deep State in the USA by using private corps as proxies by which to implement censorious information policing that, were it passed as laws by Congress, would be deemed unconstitutional. But since corporations are "private" and are merely co-operating with a think tank that totally doesn't have any power or connections with the US government at all trust us, suddenly we're living in a world where the information you can access is removed, suppressed or hidden without your knowledge and without any recourse, since officially the government has nothing to do with it, and where if you attempt to express information that opposes the NWO you can be silenced without recourse.

The incestuous connections between DC and giant firms have made it such that these entities are no longer opposed to government action but see compliance with government goals as a path to security and guaranteed influence, power and profit. Thus, by using Google, Facebook and other megacorps as 2nd order proxies, directing their actions through officially unaffiliated 1st order proxies like think tanks (The Atlantic Council in this case), the US government can violate Americans' first Amendment rights without technically breaking any law, thus denying legitimacy to anyone that tries to oppose them. The "private" and the "public" are not separate spheres at the highest levels of power, so any restriction on the "public" can simply be bypassed.

Once again, the only Amendment left to us is the 2nd.

Relevant info:

Atlantic Council Board of DIrectors
Atlantic Council Advisory Board
Rolling Stone Expose on this
Corbett on convergence of public-private power interest convergence
edit on 2182018 by AquinasProtocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AquinasProtocol

I would suggest that your interpretation of the 2nd amendment , not being individual is very much wrong...why would the 1st be individual and not the second?

I gave you an s n f, but with severe reservations. I agree with alot you have to say, but personal liberty is key, represented fully in 1st 2nd and 4th, heck all 5

eta after re reading... I think we share a conclusion...those cfr #$@ are our enemies. my apologies
edit on 21-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: etw

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I agree but I'm not sure I get your conclusion. Are you saying that the only resolution to this situation is a violent uprising?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Not necessarily. I simply mean it's the only amendment they haven't managed to destroy due to the fact it involves physical objects owned as personal property, something much harder to overtly infringe upon.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

NWO.. that is hilarious.. man talk about an 8track flash back..

First off any secret organization who runs the world wouldn’t want big chaotic events.. they would want the status quo.. people who don’t run things want chaos, because they might be able to use it to take power..

So you can believe any illuminati/nwo doesnt want to kill off half the population or whatever nonsense the shills are pushing..

They want us quiet and working. Just like everyother administration, in every other country in history.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

suddenly we're living in a world where the information you can access is removed, suppressed or hidden without your knowledge and without any recourse, since officially the government has nothing to do with it, and where if you attempt to express information that opposes the NWO you can be silenced without recourse.

SnF for this OP. That statement is very thought provoking. In a sense, this has been somewhat true for years now with the MSM sel-censoring/cherry picking what they disseminate. And in saying that, I am referring to what information we are exposed to.

I think what we are seeing with regard to individual expressions of free speech on the internet is that via the Atlantic Council, the elites are working with Big Tech to bring the US population into compliance with EU standards. The EU standards are becoming something of the gold standard for Internet regulation of expression and that arose because of their need to tamp down hateful speech concerning the muslim migrants flooding into the EU.

All of this will doubtless get worse, but what the elites on either side of the Atlantic fail to realize is that supressing free speech doesnt change attitudes, in fact it hardens fault lines. People dont change their opinions of others just because they cant rant against them on the internet. Worse, for the elites, squashing hateful expression creates for the elites a false sense that all is well while simultaneously cutting them off from knowing what people really think. So for example, when no one speaks against the muslim invasion, the elites are stunned when they are faced with the fact that no one will sit next to a muslim woman in full burka on the bus or airplane.

Ultmately, suppression of free speech leads to unexpected and sometimes unpleasant outcomes.

top topics

join