It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb hit school bus in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I searched this topic on the forums and didn't see it. I also hope this is the appropriate category to place this thread but please feel free to move it if it is not.

The title of the article is:
Yemen war: Saudi-led air strike on bus kills 29 children
www.bbc.com...

I have been plagued with a deep guilt ever since I read about this yesterday. In most articles there is a picture of the piece of bomb that was found at the scene. It was provided by Lockheed Martin. The company I work for may or may not be making that same exact part shown in the picture. They may or may not be making thousands of them right now. I may or may not have been studying the drawings for these exact parts.

I just don't know how to feel. Some say "Collateral damage is a ####".

In my head I am thinking... they are children. The bomb indirectly came from the USA and I may or may not have been indirectly involved (unbeknownst to me).

The bomb is an MK82.

The coalition, which is backing Yemen's government in a war with the Houthis, said its actions were "legitimate". It insists it never deliberately targets civilians, but human rights groups have accused it of bombing markets, schools, hospitals and residential areas.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
More Terrorism supported by the U.S.A

Patriots...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I can't help but agree with you there. Some people had the never to say to me "Well they are literally at war with themselves over there."

Okay but the blood is on our hands... and why? Well what the heck do you think is going to be done with those MK82 bombs? They are all going to be put in a museum?!

Ugh I am in my feelings so hard. But I know what I do at work. I get lost in the paycheck and forget exactly what I am contributing to.

or not contributing to. :x

Check out this poor timing of Twitter posts:

www.orlandosentinel.com...
edit on 21-8-2018 by Fehrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As it is the war is Yemen is absolute hypocritical BS. This just adds to the disgusting pile of war crimes amounting in Yemen.

'Let's oust Ghaddaffi because the people want him removed'
'Let's oust Bashar because the people want him removed'
'Let's support Saudi Arabia and go to war with the people of Yemen because the people of Yemen removed the US installed Saudi backed government'

I really wish you guys could pull your government into line.....but we all know you're too busy getting distracted with US politics.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Please don't lump all of us into this. Some of us( not D or R) have been against this for some time. We try to help others understand, but D and R's always think they know better. The rest of us are just naive. Or at least that's what they tell us.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FehrieI am retired from Lockheed Marietta plant. Do not feel any guilt for the misuse of something made legally. We as a country have been dupped by our allies and perhaps do not even have the same vision for a peaceful world as most of our country has. Ford and GM are not responsible for all the car crashes and death resultant from use of their products. Same thing with Defense contractor products.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Afghanistan , Iraq , Syria , Libya , Israel , Palestine no matter the location "human rights groups " always say the same..

but human rights groups have accused it of bombing markets, schools, hospitals and residential areas.

Which human rights groups ?
Where ?
Why ?
Their source ?
Your source ?
A human rights group could be old Bubba on the street corner.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Quite low. They're going to flip their lids when their palaces collapse, seemingly, out of thin air.
edit on 22-8-2018 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

Khat, frankincense, myrrh, various other valuable products come from this area of the world, aside from oil.
edit on 22-8-2018 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Fehrie

It's tiring and disgusting all at once. Kids, schools and hospitals get blown up. One side says it's disgraceful and the other always says there were militants, dissidents, combatants hiding and how the other side lies. We do it, they do it and everyone does it.

It's like there's a neverending vicious circle of truths and non-truths. Show photos and people say fake. Footage? Fake. It's this huge lie that apparently no side ever kills innocents. No civilians really die - numbers are exaggerated. Only 'the other side' kills innocent kids or blows up hospitals.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
War Sucks

(tm)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

the only slices missing in that circle to make it a complete circle are the amount of bombs foreign nations drop on the USA and the sanctions taken against the USA when they have been caught bombing or toppling governments or fabricating weapons of mass destruction. ...

so no, it's not quite a vicious 'circle'; it's more like a vicious cycle...less any reprimands on the USA.

....til the next civilian bombings...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

There's a certain amount of truth to that.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thank you all for the piece of mind. I tend to be an emotional person. Overall it sucks but I know the truth is that worse is happening in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Where ?
Why ?
Their source ?
Your source ?

OP can not deliver. I have failed you. The source is the fluff of the article.

I hope you like fluff.

- the fehrie proceeds to toss fluff on everything- (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*✲゚*。⋆

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What's happening in Yemen ? The official excuse (if you believe it) to that war, is that Iranian-supported Houtis are attacking Saudi interests ... How are Iranians doing that ? That's not really clear ...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fehrie
I searched this topic on the forums and didn't see it. I also hope this is the appropriate category to place this thread but please feel free to move it if it is not.

The title of the article is:
Yemen war: Saudi-led air strike on bus kills 29 children
www.bbc.com...

I have been plagued with a deep guilt ever since I read about this yesterday. In most articles there is a picture of the piece of bomb that was found at the scene. It was provided by Lockheed Martin. The company I work for may or may not be making that same exact part shown in the picture. They may or may not be making thousands of them right now. I may or may not have been studying the drawings for these exact parts.

I just don't know how to feel. Some say "Collateral damage is a ####".

In my head I am thinking... they are children. The bomb indirectly came from the USA and I may or may not have been indirectly involved (unbeknownst to me).

The bomb is an MK82.

The coalition, which is backing Yemen's government in a war with the Houthis, said its actions were "legitimate". It insists it never deliberately targets civilians, but human rights groups have accused it of bombing markets, schools, hospitals and residential areas.

Unfortunately the tax payers are responsible for supporting the Saudis spread terror in Yemen. But we have zero say in it. We could end our support with Saudi Arabia which would be the moral thing to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Afghanistan , Iraq , Syria , Libya , Israel , Palestine no matter the location "human rights groups " always say the same..

but human rights groups have accused it of bombing markets, schools, hospitals and residential areas.

Where ?
Why ?
Their source ?
Your source ?

The countries with the worst human rights abuses were listed by them and only a fool would disagree.

Saudi Arabia comes in number one
Syria
North Korea
Venezuela
China

We ignore them in countries we do trade with. You do not hear about the human rights abuses in China and Saudi Arabia sincr money is more important.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
That is sad.

top topics

join