It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air tight defense for Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Whatever happened to draining the swamp?
Looks to me like it's the US courts that are doing all the draining and Trump people are the swamp.
Rofl.
Mmmmmaggga

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Looks to me like it's the US courts that are doing all the draining and Trump people are the swamp.
Rofl.
Mmmmmaggga

It was meant to be that way.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Rofl.
Mmmmmaggga

It was meant to be that way.

OFC it was.
Trump surrounding himself with corrupt people.
Must be that 456D chess you all talk about.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Grambler

No , he is an Honorable Man , he would Never resort to that . The President represents the Rule of Law , Innocent Until Proven Guilty in a Court of Law .

Um, he's a politician.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Trump said not to use campaign money to pay her. There was a recording of that on line a while back. It appears that Trump discovered the payment after the fact, cohen said he would take care of it to Trump. I think hush money is paid a lot in politics. Except in the case of the Clintons, with them it is more that people die somehow.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: rollanotherone

We can't stoop to their level. "What, with like a cloth?" Is not how true conservatives behave. Dems may find this behavior acceptable but not Patriots.

Oh I agree, and said as much, I wouldnt want trump to do this.

But we do need to come to terms that no matter what we consider ethical, the fbi has set the precedent that it is a perfectly legitimate and legal defense to destroy evidence they subpoena.

Oh I completely understand and saw your sarcasm. But. Was it really sarcasm? Because the bar is set. And thanks to Hill Dog, that bar is set really low.

Again. "Like with a cloth?!".

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , he is an Honorable Man , he would Never resort to that . The President represents the Rule of Law , Innocent Until Proven Guilty in a Court of Law .

Um, he's a politician.

I thought you guys elected him because he wasnt a politician?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Who you think you're even talking to?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The precedent has been set with the hillary case, destroying subpoenaed evidence is a ok, and nothing bad will happen to you because of it.

Proving that trump is no better than she is.

Do two wrongs make a right?

If trump is indeed the puppet that some think he is than he probably already destroyed any evidence.

I think you are a man of integrity but wanting trump to get away with a crime is not showing it.

I mean I myself would be appalled if trump did this, but as a legal defense, it seems pretty air tight.

It sure does sound like this is what you really want though.
edit on 22-8-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I suspect it will be the standard, "I have no recollection of that..." defense.

Honestly, the Russia stuff turned out to be true, the fraud stuff turned out to be true and Trump has a history of failed and dodgy businesses. Not to mention that he has fired those who are investigating him and they suggest crimes have been committed.

The deals with the Bin Ladens, the possibility that his wife is a swallow, all just out-there allegations, but the other out-there allegations now appear to be coming true.

They add up to something, showing an intent that runs through all this and ties it all together.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

LMAO, Same people, Spinning things the same way....a Year and a half later....A year ago....I said all of this was going to happen....trump is a LIAR....OVER AND OVER....Guess what, I said the same thing a year ago....and you SAME people are still here, I guess daily. To Spread FAKE NEWS, and stick up FOR trump.

LMAO, No collusion?? trump tweeted (and lied) about that over and over. Now he has had 3 stories on the trump tower meeting. Was it not about Russian adoption? Nope, last week he TWEETED, it was to get DIRT ON HILLARY. trumps Camp, met with RUSSIANS to get dirt on Hillary. THAT IS COLLUSION.

Anyway, you trump FOLLOWERS are ignorant.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I don't know why anyone would assume that Trump wouldn't destroy evidence — he's shown absolutely no reluctance to covering up for his misdeeds.

It's a moot point in this case though. The consensus for some time has been that a sitting president cannot be indicted, even if the Democrats take the House (which quite possibly won't happen), I don't think he'd be successfully impeached for this and there's almost no chance of him being removed by the Senate if he was impeached.

On the topic of "why doesn't everyone use this strategy from now on," I hope that sane conservatives supporting Trump realize that other people will hold the office in the future, including people they're going to take serious issue with.

Trump's campaign manager, the guy who basically picked the VP, was at the very least, secretly trying to leverage his position to dig himself out of a multi-million dollar hole with foreign oligarchs closely tied to the autocratic leader of an adversarial nation whose intelligence services hacked the other campaign's manager and the candidate's party.

He was promising high level positions in the new administration in exchange for personal loans.

Trump's personal lawyer and fixer was of course the crooked pos that everyone has always said he was. We've learned that he paid to silence women with whom Trump had cheated on his wife and that after the election, he immediately started soliciting anyone who take his calls, offering up access to the new admin.

The chief national security advisor from the campaign turned National Security Advisor was knowingly lobbying for another foreign country, including writing WSJ op-eds, and getting paid through a cut out to disguise what he knew was criminal, not to mention unethical, activity. Allegedly he was plotting to take a multi-million dollar payment from the same foreign government for what appears to have been an extralegal extradition.

Transition team member and then deputy national security advisor, a Kissinger acolyte and in recent years, frequent Putin fawner, lied to Congress and was forced to withdraw from her nomination as Ambassador to Singapore.

Campaign co-chair Sam Clovis got a position at the USDA and was nominated to the agency's top scientific post despite having absolutely no scientific qualifications. Unabashed cronyism. He withdrew from consideration and resigned from the USDA rather than face questions at a confirmation hearing.

Vice chairman of the Trump Victory Committee and inaugural committee vice president Elliott Broidy, who pleaded guilty to political bribery in 2009 and had cut a multi-million deal to lobby for Russian bank VTB in 2014, and his convicted pederast partner/aide to a foreign leader, George Nader (who also had the support of Bannon and Kushner btw), where getting massive deals from the UAE and Saudi Arabian governments in exchange for their efforts to influence the administration, including American foreign policy in regards to Qatar.

I could keep going but with just the above, hell with just Manafort, what a staggering amount of malfeasance, corrupt and criminal behavior from these people in Trump's inner circle and close orbit. And the lying. My God the lying.

Nobody can blame the "FBI agents who were praising Hillary and bashing Trump" for any of that. There's no claiming that any of it was some sort of "deep state" "entrapment." It's not "fake news" from the "failing" anyone. These aren't figments of CNN's imagination and no amount of cryptic "Q" bull# fan fiction crumbs can pile up to hide it.

And yet, it all gets smushed together and dismissed with just that "everything is a plot against Trump and anyone who is critical of Trump is part of a conspiracy" strategy. Like why are we talking about FBI agents and Hillary Clinton in this context?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No it doesn’t sound like that’s what I want

I want the law to be applied equally to everyone

I did not want the fbi to set a precedent that destroying evidence was ok

If trump destroys evidence, I would call him out for that

The point I am making is the fbi and Hillary supporters would have to accept trump doing that as perfectly legitimate

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I will address to points here

First, yes trump surrounded himself with shady people

If they committed crimes, they should go down, trump included

But let’s not act like Hillary wasn’t surrounded by just as shady people

And the intel community for that matter

Heck, the Russian oligarch you are talking about with Manafort was pal with Chris Steele and glam Simpson who Hillary hired to get dirt to prove trump was involved with Russian oligarchs

Oh and that same oligarch was in back channels with the Democratic vice chair of the intel committee who was asking to avoid paper trails

You know this, yet seminars not troubled by the double standard

I know you hate trump, so it’s ok

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

A lawyer is supposed to guide their client to follow the law, and must never do anything illegal.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! This isn't related directly to the thread, but lemme tell you- as someone who has dealt with lawyers, that statement is absolute pure bullSNIP. A lawyer uses the law to twist, turn and wiggle in and out of stuff like the damn s**it eating worms that they are- and will give their (well paying) clients every loophole they can muster up.

Guide their client to follow the law. You got a better chance of seeing wolves guide a herd of weak deer to safety and food.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

On the topic of "why doesn't everyone use this strategy from now on," I hope that sane conservatives supporting Trump realize that other people will hold the office in the future, including people they're going to take serious issue with.

This has to be one of the most unintentionally funny post I have ever read

Um, yes this is essentially the argument I am making with this op

All of you anti trump Hillary lovers should have been careful when you cheered for the deep states corruption because maybe someone in the future, like trump could use it

So you had no problem with Hillary destroying evidence

But now you warn trump supporters, don’t cheer for trump to destroy evidence, or someone you don’t like could do it in the future

Well sorry, that ship has sailed

I like you as you know, but you have zero credibility on this

You had no problem with the fbi clearly acting with bias and allowing Hillary to destroy evidence

I and many others warned you, you will be the first to cry foul if a president you don’t like does this

And now, at the mere suggestion, you ironically do just that

And what more, I don’t even think you realize it

I did not let my hatred or liking of any candidate destroy my credibility for cheering for this sort of corruption; you and many others did

So don’t worry, when it is used for people you like, who I no doubt won’t, I will still defend them

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

They have over a thousand pieces of evidence.
This includes emails, texts and recorded conversations.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No the tape is trump asking a question about paying cash and Cohen has to tell him No no...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Except Hillary didn't destroy evidence. The right just loves believing she did.
Hey I know... Let's ask Russians to find them and publish this incriminating data that that will put her away. Oh wait.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No he shouldn't have made the payment to influence the outcome of the election from any funds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join