It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air tight defense for Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Grambler

A lawyer is supposed to guide their client to follow the law, and must never do anything illegal. If Cohen did something wrong it is his own fault. If he did not guide his client in the law, it is Cohen's fault.

A client trusts their lawyer to make sure everything is done legally. That's why people use a lawyer.

But, ignorance is no excuse for the law.

"I didn't know it was illegal" doesn't work well in most cases.

It worked for Hillary. That's why Comey didn't recommend that she be prosecuted.

Sure, but you and I both know the tarmac meeting is really "why".

Either way, ultimately I don't think president Trump has anything to worry about.

imo
edit on 21-8-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Oh the Hillary deflections are at maximum capacity! You say you would be appalled but here you are advocating Trump continue to break the law to save his own ass. Amazing hypocrisy!

Well, even if he did start to destroy all of his evidence today it would be to late. You don’t think Cohen had enough evidence? He secretly recorded Trump and god knows who else, which is funny since one of Trumps biggest fears is being secretly recorded. Mueller has Cohen working for him. It’s over, in that respect.

Trump supporters, this is the beginning of the end and there’s nothing you can do but continue your wishful thoughts while placing your hopes and dreams into an anonymous online snake oil saleman who calls himself Q.

What you all should be thinking about is how will Trump go down, because he’s going down, but how far will the corrupted politicians allow him to fall? This is the beginning of the end but it’s far from over.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lanny Davis on Maddow's show...

Breaking911 ‏ Verified account @Breaking911 Following Following @Breaking911 More BREAKING: Lanny Davis, attorney for Michael Cohen, tells MSNBC that his client has information that should be of interest to the special counsel and is "more than happy to tell the special counsel all that he knows.

twitter.com...

Total frame up on Trump ongoing.

Mark Levin had it right tonight on Hannity.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

In the past, Trump used his own charity as a personal piggy bank but you think he wouldn’t do the same with his campaign funds?

Funny enough, conservatives harp on the Clinton foundation but give Trump a pass for his. Hypocrisy at its finest.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hahaha!

Yep this is it!

I mean, they may be able to find trump guilty of a crime that no president has ever been able to recover from; campaign finance violations!

Any presdient found guilty of that would surely be forced to resign in shame immediately, and face a lengthy jail sentence.

Oh, im sorry whats that?

Obamas campaign was actually found guilty of that, and only had to pay a fine?

Well......

This is different, now its super serious to break those laws!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Grambler
So why doesnt trump just destroy all requested evidence?

The President probably reads this site anonymously. We're all pretty sure of that.

Were you sliding a suggestion by him? ;-)

LMAO! Conservative delusion is incredible! You honestly believe Trump reads this site?????

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Lumenari

In the past, Trump used his own charity as a personal piggy bank but you think he wouldn’t do the same with his campaign funds?

Funny enough, conservatives harp on the Clinton foundation but give Trump a pass for his. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I am not giving him a pass.

he should be held to the same standard that other campaign violators are.

Do you have any reason to disagree with that?

And also, anyone who destroys evidence should all be held to the same standard, which the fbi has said is no punishment at all.

I assume you agree with that too.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

He should sue Stormy for extortion and breach of contract for the exact amount and let the opposition pay the fine for him through a GoFundMe.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

who are all these hillary supporters you speak of?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

who are all these hillary supporters you speak of?

I dont know, too ashamed to announce themselves publicly?

regardless, I am sure you agree that the fbi would be ok with trump destroying evidence.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think there should be a special prosecutor to investigate everyone involved in every presidency here forthwith. That'd make politics so much more fun. I wanna see the whole system crash to the ground and built back up with new parties. Investigate the IC, the DNC, GOP, and every campaign contributor. They're all guilty of influencing elections.

Then for good measure put a crown on Bernie Sanders and appoint Caitlin Jenners secretary of state.

But I call my own safe room.
edit on 21-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

And then once that evidence is destroyed, and no possible conviction can be made, trump supporters can then brag that the investigation exonerated him, just like hillary supporters did, right?

I mean I myself would be appalled if trump did this, but as a legal defense, it seems pretty air tight.

And hillary supporting trump haters would no doubt agree that there is nothing unethical about it, and it is a perfectly legal thing to do.

Well done!

You've just won todays...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wow, thats the first thing i have won in a long time.

I will put this next to my "Most likely to embarrass wife at the buffet" award.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yeah I came up with that during this last stretch of your absence. I couldnt bear to horde the honor for myself all the time anymore, and now I keep my eye out to share the thang.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

" So there is a chance trump may be found guilty of campaign finance violations working with his lawyer cohen who plead guilty today. "

Never Gonna Happen , Cohen is a Habitual Liar who will Do or Say Anything to stay Out of Jail . The Real " Teflon Don " has All his Bases Covered here .

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So there is a chance trump may be found guilty of campaign finance violations working with his lawyer cohen who plead guilty today.

As I have stated all along, if trump did the crime, he should be punished.

But I have a strategic question involving trumps defense.

There is a solid chance that cohens testimony enough may not be enough evidence.

In fact, there is also a chance that they will need more evidence from trump that they didnt get from cohen. Cell records, emails, etc.

And so this evidence will be subpoenaed.

So why doesnt trump just destroy all requested evidence?

The precedent has been set with the hillary case, destroying subpoenaed evidence is a ok, and nothing bad will happen to you because of it.

In fact, why doesnt everyone use this strategy from now on?

I mean, its not like the fbi agents who were praising hillary and bashing trump that were in charge of both initial investigations would have had different standards for the two cases, right?

And then once that evidence is destroyed, and no possible conviction can be made, trump supporters can then brag that the investigation exonerated him, just like hillary supporters did, right?

I mean I myself would be appalled if trump did this, but as a legal defense, it seems pretty air tight.

And hillary supporting trump haters would no doubt agree that there is nothing unethical about it, and it is a perfectly legal thing to do.

Hey man, they already have invoices and payments made from the Trump Organization to Michael Cohen and the payoff from the shell company, Essential Consulatants, to Stormy Daniel’s.

This has all been brought up in cour, is not disbuted, and completely public record now.

Does this directly bring in Donald Trump? I doubt it.

But it’s clear the Trump Organization “grosses up” Cohen’s request for reimbursement, and that Cohen used a fictitious company to pay off Daniels.

There’s no real evidence to destroy. The dumbest thing is that the link between the a Trump Organization, Cohen, and Essential Consultants wasn’t even really muddied up. It’s pretty cut and dry how this entire thing went down.
edit on 21-8-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Just beacuse cohen is a liar doesnt mean trump isnt guilty.

Look I support trump, but I will not allow my support take precedent over my ethics.

If trump is guilty, he should be held accountable according to the law.

I will be consistent.

The point of this thread, is that the fbi and hillary supporters would have to agree that it is totally acceptable for trump to destroy evidence, seeing as how both of those groups found it acceptable for hillarys team to do that.

Of course, almost none of them will be consistent, which is deeply troubling n the fbi's case

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't think the President lives in a cloth of lies like Hillary did.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

No , he is an Honorable Man , he would Never resort to that . The President represents the Rule of Law , Innocent Until Proven Guilty in a Court of Law .

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's impossible for both Cohen and Trump to be on the hook for illegal campaign funds and illegal use of campaign money. Cohen's plea of guilty on charges he made an illegally high contribution means he's saying "I (Cohen) paid $150,000 to the whore out of my own account and wasn't reimbursed by Trump over it." Which is what Trump has said since this began. They are attempting to say that was a campaign contribution in excess of FEC limits by Cohen. Worst case scenario that can legally come out of this is that the Trump campaign fund cuts a $150,000 check to Cohen and Trump then puts $150,000 of his own money into the campaign fund to reimburse the fund for a personal expenditure after the fact.

Today purely demonstrated that Cohen doesn't have deep pockets and is in the same boat as Flynn found himself in: being railroaded by a federally endorsed asshole who has a large stash of taxpayer dollars at his disposal alongside a BS mandate to harass anyone they see fit until they can no longer withstand the storm financially and cop a plea in an attempt to stop the bleeding. It's gamesmanship by the prosecution and so far only Manafort has had the resources to stand up to it (thus the reason why they scheduled his trials in a manner in which the state can bleed him a bit before Mueller sets upon him with charges that actually relate to what Mueller is supposed to be investigating and tries this utterly horsecrap strategy of "guilt by erosion".)

If I was Trump, I'd just say "screw it" and issue pardons to Manafort and Cohen tomorrow, fire Sessions, and tell the DC GOP "STFU and do you job of leading for change, don't worry about this, it's called 'justice' and it's what needed to be done." alongside a middle finger in the face of Chuck Schumer and his merry band of nincompoops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join