It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Nazi In America Deported

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We will miss you Donald Trump.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

People blame Germans, but once Hitler had full power it was either 100% for or 100% against there was not a grey area.

They had a choice leading up to that point. They still had a choice after. Not an easy choice

Sometimes it's hard to know what you're looking at in the moment. It's harder to know what to do

When the Americans and others began liberating the camps, they forced the locals to come see what was inside. They had them help transport the dead through the streets. I can't decide if this was cruel or necessary. For a long time, when I was younger I thought it was all Germans that were responsible. When I got older I began to see the grey areas - but, I have to be honest - I'm now leaning back in the other direction

We aren't just responsible for what we know, but for what we're willing to know

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

When the Americans and others began liberating the camps, they forced the locals to come see what was inside.

I saw those videos. It was horrific. I hate to say whether they knew what was going on there or not, whether they said nothing out of fear for their own lives, or whatever the case may be, but I think showing them what had been going on right under their noses was probably necessary and a fitting punishment.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

I'm like you. I can't know for sure what I might have done in the same position. It's very easy to judge

The lesson I think from Germany, and other similar atrocities that have happened around the world throughout history is that we should never believe that the worst can't or won't happen

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The lesson I think from Germany, and other similar atrocities that have happened around the world throughout history is that we should never believe that the worst can't or won't happen

Definitely. The wolves are always at the door.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yes, but Hitler wasn't elected by the German people per say he only got 36% of the vote in 1932, he was appointed by Hindenburg after he lost, then he had the political false flag event of the Reichstag fire to solidify his hold on power and wipe out all opposition. Then Hindenburg dies and he makes himself a dictator. And he uses another military false flag event to start world war 2 with the Gleiwitz incident.

If this happened in America, and the armed forces supported that leader at that critical moment, what choice would the average American have at that point ?

I imagine at some point there would be a faction of the American military lead by the likes of an American version of the German Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg and group like his that would try to end it based on the violation of the American constitution. If they failed it would only entrench the present dictator as it did with Hitler, and provide more ammunition to wipe out anybody who wouldn't support their policies.

The lesson; beware of both political and military false flag events, it has cost humanity dearly in the past.

edit on 22-8-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I understand what you're saying Blue_Jay. Still, there were opportunities to say no, military or no. Many bought into the propaganda.

For what it' worth - I do think it can happen anywhere, and when you have family to worry about it's harder to be brave

The lesson; beware of both political and military false flag events, it has cost humanity dearly in the past.

And we shouldn't make excuses for being led by the nose into something we later can't back away from

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join