It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Nazi In America Deported

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

He also lied on his immigration form, which makes him guilty of immigration fraud.

Personally, I also don't care about his age or how long ago the Holocaust happened, it was absolutely atrocious, and and the worst possible crime against humanity. Of he came here to avoid prosecution during the Nuremberg trials, he should still have to answer for any crimes he may have been involved in. Whatever happens to him at this point is up to Germany, as it should be.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

I predict he will die. Soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Shoot him out of a cannon.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Cue the long list of lefty comedians saying "hur dur, what about the one in the Whitehouse? Amirite???"

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Yeah, lets all just ignore due process and that whole legal justice thingy.

I feel like this line is particularly pertinent to politics in the US right now for some reason. I just can't put my finger on it...?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
He's gone directly to an old folk's home in Düsseldorf so it's more about symbolism than anything else. I wonder what his wife will do? Married for 60 odd years. Humanity.

There's a lot to said about Operation Paperclip and political expediency. I guess it was more realistic, and strategic, to win the war and the Nazi scientists were the best way of doing it. It still shows the lie behind some examples of moral outrage.

BBC aired a documentary last week called The Reunion - Auschwitz Survivors. It put a few tears in my eyes with the humanity of it all and the old folk in it are the last of the last. If BBC wasn't locked down for licence payers I would have posted it as a thread. Docos like that should be part of public record.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There's a lot to said about Operation Paperclip and political expediency.

Expediency. The Nazis did fund Von Braun in his efforts to get off the planet. No doubt. Was he devoted to the cause, or simply a sell out?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's something I've wondered about. You were either a Nazi scientist or a dead scientist so the affiliation wasn't always clear. Some of them dived in with enthusiasm and others would have just tried to stay alive. It's not a fashionable thing to say, but I think a lot of Germans had to be Nazis or dead Germans - it wasn't always clear cut. People overlook the momentum of political times too. We're in one now imo.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well from what I'm hearing this guy lied on his entry forms when he came to the US after the war. As for him being an innocent guard at a camp, he fled the Germany occupied territories after the war so that he wouldn't have to answer for the crimes that he did during the war. What he did or didn't do doesn't really matter since a witness would have to be found that can verify that it was him that did whatever deed it was that made him run for his life.

As to the issue of him being the last NAZI in the US, well outside of those that got processed for "Operation Paperclip", there are rumors of many NAZI hiding out in the northern Midwest. Some of them were Hitler Youths, some of them like this guy were guards, but I've heard rumblings about a few Gestapo that made their way to the main land USA and lived and died here as false citizens. Personally I'm glad this guy got sent back, he needs to answer for his crimes and take responsibility for his actions during the war.

It will be interesting to see how this situation gets spun by some of the people that knew who he was and never reported him, or those that might use the expulsion of a 95 year old, reportedly peaceful old man, as an excuse to harass ICE officials. I wonder if the anti-everything people are going to go full on Planters Peanuts over this like BLM does every time a black adult gets killed while committing a crime?

Never mind that he was a NAZI, never mind that he was here illegally, never mind that he was part of a plan to wipe out an entire culture from existence, never mind all of that because ICE busted him. I'm sure some people are already trying to spin this expulsion in their heads right now as a reason to disassemble ICE and ruin the lives of the agents that work for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I'm sure some people are already trying to spin this expulsion in their heads right now as a reason to disassemble ICE and ruin the lives of the agents that work for it.

Nah. ICE didn't really have much to do with it. The guy was slated for deportation years ago. Couldn't convince another country to take him.

Maybe you should look here for what you're looking for. Support for him, I mean.
m.facebook.com...
edit on 8/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

It's something I've wondered about. You were either a Nazi scientist or a dead scientist so the affiliation wasn't always clear. Some of them dived in with enthusiasm and others would have just tried to stay alive. It's not a fashionable thing to say, but I think a lot of Germans had to be Nazis or dead Germans - it wasn't always clear cut. People overlook the momentum of political times too. We're in one now imo.

According to my Grand father and the old guy next door (he was a concentration camp survivor) many of the German people didn't care one way or the other about the NAZI Party, but only went along with them due to them being the government. Many of them were afraid, many of them didn't want to get involved, and then there were those that were sympathetic to the cause of the NAZI but disagreed with what was going on. Yes, yes, there were those that strongly supported the NAZI Party as well.

According to my grandfather though, as soon as the war ended or a town was under allied control, the German people would often come out and help many of the wounded soldiers and have pleasant chats with the allied forces. Some even went as far as to help the allied forces in locating NAZI soldiers that were trying to hide after the main body of their forces retreated.

My grandfather said that the enemy was the soldiers and not the people. It was something that he learned during the war. So most of the average citizens of Germany during the war were just victims of a power hungry dictator.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm sure some people are already trying to spin this expulsion in their heads right now as a reason to disassemble ICE and ruin the lives of the agents that work for it.

Nah. ICE didn't really have much to do with it. The guy was slated for deportation years ago. Couldn't convince another country to take him.

Maybe you should look here for what you're looking for. Support for him, I mean.
m.facebook.com...

You know some people, anything as an excuse.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

There is no excuse for his deeds.

Nor is there any excuse for trying to chalk up political points for his deportation.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Your grandfather was right about most of that. One thing I'd disagree with is this:

My grandfather said that the enemy was the soldiers and not the people.

There was conscription in Germany which created a huge overlap between people and soldiers.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

A soldier can't do his job unless the enemy is the other.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I know a group that was German and refused to support Hitler and the Nazi state, they all ended up in the concentration camps with the Jews, they were forced to wear a purple triangle. Some Germans just couldn't take their opposition that far and gave in. People blame Germans, but once Hitler had full power it was either 100% for or 100% against there was not a grey area. Maybe only people like Oskar Schindler operated in a grey area. But the average 25 year old German man drafted into the Wehrmacht had little choice, and when ordered by his officers to shoot innocent people he had face death or imprisonment if he said no.
Yes more people should have said no and taken the high moral high ground, but basic human nature is to preserve ones life first over another in wartime. I don't want to defend the mentality, only understand it.....if way more people took a stand against the evil at the cost of there own freedom and even there lives it could have been stopped. I think the problem was most Germans never realized it until the war was well under way, and they had entered a point of no return.

If even 50% had decided they would rather be in a concentration camp than support Hitlers evil ways it would have never happened, but when surrounded by state propaganda how many will figure it out before it's too late, nationalism is a very powerful weapon of the state.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Who will antifa punch now?

Puppies.

Probably puppies.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Doesn’t the visa form directly ask if one was involved in the persecution of Jews in Germany from 1933 - 1945? And they couldn’t get him removed any sooner? The immigration system is broken.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What is a "rapid response director"?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

...feckless?

Samantha Bee did this country a favor pulling that word out of mothballs

And anyhow - you can't be serious?

edit on 8/22/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join