It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, mistrial declared on remaining 10.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

3 lives destroyed because of the left wing? You don't think people should be held accountable for the crimes they commit?

I'm not going to say he is not guilty but with 10,000s of laws on the books is there a person in America that could not be put up on a crime or two or 20 if all the powers of the FBI was after them for 8 months or more?

Much of this is just like Clinton's Whitewater scandal that ended up with sperm on a blue dress...lol

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of the bull snip.

For years I have listened to non stop hatred for banks on here.

Trump,Manafort haters have defrauded the American public for years.

And they push this snip today.

I've had enough of the GD hypocrisy.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Were they convicted? If proven to be guilty, then by all means, they should also serve their time. I'm not beholden to a party, I'm definitely not a democrat, or republican. No pandering to partisanship from me. If they're guilty (regardless of who it is and what side they're on), prove it, and make them serve their time.
edit on 21-8-2018 by narrator because: typo

link   
a reply to: Willtell

Trump will and should pardon him from this witch hunt!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Why?

Second.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Were they convicted? If proven to be guilty, then by all means, they should also serve their time. I'm not beholden to a party, I'm definitely not a democrat, or republican. No pandering to partisanship from me. If they're guilty regardless of who it is and what side they're on), prove it, and make them serve their time.

The problem is, who is going to prove it if the invesigators are themselves biased?

Its is evdinet that there is a huge double standard as to how trump people are being gone after compared to pretty much all other politicians.

So while I agree, thats no excuse for trumps people found guilty; if they committed a crime, they should pay the price.

But there seems to be almost no hope whatsoever of hiolding other establishment politicians accountable.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Trump will and should pardon him from this witch hunt!

No he shouldnt.

Is manafort guilty of these crimes? Seems so.

I know the argument will be well the investigators are biased, and will go after trump people for crimes theyt wouldnt go after other politicians people for.

That is a reason for trump to go after those other people, not to pardon his people for crimes they committed.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm not seeing all the meat here. Let's recap:

1) Charges against Manafort - guilty

2) Cohen pleads guilty (avoiding trial) - guilty

3) Trump is unaffected - TRUE

There's still NOTHING HERE.

Every single time you lefties think you have GEOTUS dead to rights, he wins. He wins every single time.

I don't think it's going to change.

You can't beat him and after the FULL POWER of the intelligence community behind it, you've got NOTHING on him.

Even if the Dems retake the house, an impeachment would only lead to a non-vote in the Senate, or at the worst a win-vote for Trump. I don't see how you win, Lefties.

Heaven forbid we shove GEOTUS down your throats again in 2020. You might actually implode. I worry for you die-hards if that were to happen.

THERE'S STILL NOTHING ON TRUMP.

PROVE ME WRONG!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They always have the possibility of setting up an independent, Republican-run investigation of whomever they feel they should investigate. I'm assuming the Clintons.

I'm in no way saying that the Clintons are clean, I'm sure they have some dirt. Personally, I can't really stand the woman, she's so out of touch, and there's some shady stuff around her, she should definitely leave politics. Every politician on earth probably has dirt. But, I'm not going to agree that there's a double standard. There were a ton of investigations into Clinton. The fact that they didn't find anything rests on the investigators. If they were biased and deliberately overlooked stuff, Trump has the power to launch another investigation, or at the very least, suggest that it be done. But he hasn't yet.

I'm all for catching criminals. Especially the white collar kind.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Let me guess, the ptb are being unfair to trump and his administration.

link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yet.

Cohen essentially said that he did what he did because Trump asked him to (paraphrasing). That doesn't look good for your idol.

To be clear, you are correct. There is nothing officially on Trump. But, there could be soon. We should all hang back and wait to see what happens before making blanket statements about guilt or innocence.

link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Swills

This dude is guilty of,

On Tuesday, a jury in Virginia convicted former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort on eight federal felony charges, including five tax fraud charges, two bank fraud charges, and one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, related to his work for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine.

If Trump pardons him that'll be the final nail in his coffin.

How do you figure?

Presidents can pardon who ever the eff they want, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

With 10 counts declared a mistrial the others are subject to change.

If I was Trump I'd pardon Manafort,Flynn,Cohen just out of spite.

I hope Trump does. That would provide an iron clad case against him for Obstruction of Justice.

Not even close. It is a constitutional power reserved solely to the President. Any use falls under the political question doctrine and not criminal law.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Except the idea that establishment republicans and democrats are interested in getting each other for crimes is a lie.

The establishment didnt like outsiders like bernie or trump.

They took care of bernie in the primary, and when trump shocked them and won, they are now using the intel agencies to take care of him.

That is why so many republicans are silent or endorse the witch hunt against trump.

I am almost 100% postive, that if every congressmens lawyer was raided by the fbi tonight, 95% of them would be able to be charged with financial crimes.

So do you really think that the establishment dems and repubs have any desire to go after each other?

Nope, just to keep any outsiders from ruining their very lucrative game they have going on.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Let me guess, the ptb are being unfair to trump and his administration.

Well yes and no.

No because if crimes were committed, they should be charged, period.

Yes because the same crimes are ignored or not investigated when others do them.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I am almost 100% postive, that if every congressmens lawyer was raided by the fbi tonight, 95% of them would be able to be charged with financial crimes.

Truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Were they convicted? If proven to be guilty, then by all means, they should also serve their time. I'm not beholden to a party, I'm definitely not a democrat, or republican. No pandering to partisanship from me. If they're guilty (regardless of who it is and what side they're on), prove it, and make them serve their time.

How do you feel about the endless hunt until something is found logic...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: narrator

No.

Pardons come AFTER trials and sentencing.

Geezus christ people.

No actually they dont.

The DOJ has guidelines that require a conviction and served 5 years of their sentence before they are eligible. That guideline though is only for the DOJ process. The President is not required to follow that guideline and can pardon anyone accused of violating a federal law. Indictments and conviction are not required.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That's a good point. I agree, the entire government is corrupt.

To quote Douglas Adams:

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

I would add "or any government official" after the word President.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Not even close. It is a constitutional power reserved solely to the President. Any use falls under the political question doctrine and not criminal law.

The use to encourage people to not testify against him, would fall under obstruction, even if he has the authority of issuing it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

At any rate.

Just in time for the mid terms.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join