It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen to plead guilty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Grambler

They are scraping the barrel to save face after 2 years of tin foil hat conspiracies and blind hope of having the election overturned.
The last Presidents campaign was investigated and fined for campaign finance violations. I guess for this President they will be after thr death penalty, lol
Liberals are funny.

The worst part about this is that none of it has anything to do with Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, which is what the special counsel was appointed to do. This is clearly a political fishing expedition, whether to save face for the lies or to run obstruction for other nefarious entities.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

it really isn't much of a deal, personally, I think I would have said no thanks and took my chances...
he could be facing some hefty fines and serious time in jail for what he plead guilty of and from what I read in the agreement, it doesn't look like he is really being cut a break.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You're right. Even though they're recommending 41 to 63 months, the agreement doesn't guaranty it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

he was charged with and plead guilty to breaking campaign finance laws . I do not know how this will effect Trump . I am sure some will say he is done , impeach him now .

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Cohen says that a "candidate for federal office" instructed him to do it.

There's a legal term for a situation where two or more people plan a crime.

I hear that the prosecutors have a large amount of material collected from Cohen.

edit on 8/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

he was charged with and plead guilty to breaking campaign finance laws . I do not know how this will effect Trump . I am sure some will say he is done , impeach him now .

Again, I asked this question months ago

I breaking finances laws enough for impeachment?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not many people wanted to weigh in.

Now i am sure that we will get a very nuanced argument as to why when Obama broke finance laws, a small fine was more than enough punishment, but trump should be impeached and get jail time.

Again, I just want equal application of the law on all sides, but that seems like it will never happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I breaking finances laws enough for impeachment
Conspiracy (not "collusion") probably is.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
let me guess....
conspiracy??
ya know, while people point to other presidents saying that they did it too...
by what I heard, this is the first time since nixon where a president could actually be found to have committed it.
all the others were smart enough to keep their own hands clean, and of course, not have tapes laying around while they participated in their conspiracies and planning!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I breaking finances laws enough for impeachment
Conspiracy (not "collusion") probably is.

Ciinspiracy, as in decidnig to break campaign finance laws?

I assume Obvamas team also had a "conspiracy" to break campaign finance laws as well, seeing has how they lied mulitple times, through taking too much money, not disclosing, not returning the money on time, etc.

Funny how Obamas lawyers office didnt get raided over that though.

Anyways, if trump committed a crime, he should be held responsible.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
let me guess....
conspiracy??
ya know, while people point to other presidents saying that they did it too...
by what I heard, this is the first time since nixon where a president could actually be found to have committed it.
all the others were smart enough to keep their own hands clean, and of course, not have tapes laying around while they participated in their conspiracies and planning!!

All others were "lucky" enough not to have a special counsel looking into everything in their life from decades backs under a lie about colluding with a foriegn power.

Lets raid every politicians office in washington, guarntee that 95% would be charged with finaincial crimes.

But we cant have that can we, only trump needs to have his people wiretapped, have fbi spies sent in, and have hgis lawyer raided.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Ciinspiracy, as in decidnig to break campaign finance laws?
And to work together to conceal the crime as more information came to light. Yes.

Funny how Obamas lawyers office didnt get raided over that though.
I don't think campaign finance was the only reason for the Cohen warrant. Remember, this was a plea deal. I find it interesting that there is no agreement to cooperate.

Anyways, if trump committed a crime, he should be held responsible.
It would seem that impeachment might be the only means of doing that.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I guess we shall see about conspiracy. What proof to you have that an additional crime was committed?

And how would this be any different than what Obamas team did, that took illegal donations, and then sought to hide the crime by not reporting it?

And we know, there is always a reason why trumps team needs to be raided or wiretapped or have spies sent in, when other teams that committ the same crimes do not have those measures taken.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What proof to you have that an additional crime was committed?

You're right, no proof. As yet. Nor did I claim there was, but Cohen has pleaded guilty to committing a crime. He has also implicated a "candidate for federal office" as being complicit in the planning of that crime. Is he lying about that? To what end?

Perhaps the prosecution made a deal whereby Cohen would not be charged with conspiracy, which is far more serious a crime.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

we really need to get out of the habit of calling it "colluding"...
and I am sorry, but, the emails concerning the meeting between the trump team and the russian lawyer and friends...
regardless of weather or not anything came of it... was an act to collude with a foreign power. which leads to the next question, was this act illegal? which I believe that yes, it just might be! then we come to the word we should be replacing collusion with- conspiring!! did members of the trump team conspire with each other and possibly a foreign government to commit a crime? and again, I think the answer just might be yes.
wasn't it flynn that was texting or calling his friends in russia telling them not to worry about those sanctions they'd be gone and their big deal would be allowed to go through unhindered? I think it went something like that... was that colluding, was it conspiring, was there anything illegal about it? who the heck knows, I certainly don't! That's what the Mueller team is supposed to be finding out. when trump asked russia to find the missing emails on national tv, was that colluding, or a conspiracy.. I kind of think someone in russia thought so, since they started looking for them within 24 hours of trump saying that!
that is one big fat nothingburger fille with all kinds of crap!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What proof to you have that an additional crime was committed?

You're right, no proof. As yet. Nor did I claim there was, but Cohen has pleaded guilty to committing a crime. He has also implicated a "candidate for federal office" as being complicit in the planning of that crime. Is he lying about that? To what end?

Perhaps the prosecution made a deal whereby Cohen would not be charged with conspiracy, which is far more serious a crime.

What I mean is what is the additional crime of planning a crime rather than just committing it?

If I intentionally accept illegal contributions, and dont report it, have I committed a finance law crime and conspiracy?

I am ignorant of what the additional charge of conspiracy entails, thats what I am asking.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If meeting with a russian to get dirt on your opponent is crime, then paying a law firm to opay a foriegn spy to get dirt on your opponent from russians is a crime.

Period.

So why no wiretaps on hillarys team, why no spies sent in by the fbi, why no two plus year investigation tinto that conspiring?

Escpecially when given out of the two incidents, only the hillary camp acyually got dirt on trump from russians.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

are you sure they were tapped, or was it more that they had friends in russia that the intelligence community had suspicions about and were monitoring?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What I mean is what is the additional crime of planning a crime rather than just committing it?
When two or more people plan a crime they are committing the crime of conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

are you sure they were tapped, or was it more that they had friends in russia that the intelligence community had suspicions about and were monitoring?

Carter page was wiretapped, this has been proven.

all of his communications from when he worked with the campaign were collected.

All based on dirt hillary paid for from russians.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

When two or more people plan a crime they are committing the crime of conspiracy.

So I would guess 95% of all campaign fincnce laws would require a conspiracy, seeing as how multiple people havce access to campaign funds.

So again, why was this charged with Obama?

Do we really believe only one person knew of the illegal donations, decided to not reprot said donations, and also did not reurn those donations in time when told to?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join