It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen to plead guilty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Yes interesting that Obamas lawyers office wasnt raided when his campaign broke finance laws isnt it?

Look you want to point out me saying Obamas charge is apples to oranges to what trump will be charged with.

Ok show me what trump is charged with?

Oh I get it!

You want to bring up hypocritical s about laws trump hasnt even been accused yet of breaking and already say that comparing your hypothetical to past presidents breaking the law is not legitimate.

So what kind of discussion are you looking for exactly?

Ah yeah, under your vague hypothetical of trump committing some super serious campaign violation, then yes, I guess he should be punished accordingly for that.

There, is that what you wanted?

I have said all along that if trump is guilty of any crime, he should be charged and punished according to the law.

Period.

The hypocrites are the ones who are ok with only trump having his team wiretapped, with the fbi sending spies to his campaign, with his lawyers office being raided, with his team being charged with crimes that his opponents team did the exact same thing and werent charged, and now are making a huge deal out of hypothetical campaign finance violations trump may have committed, well poo pooing when Obamas team was already found guilty of that and got a slap on the wrist.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

At 4 p.m. Eastern Cohen appears before the judge and the details will be known at that time.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
cnn reported that he's expected to plead guilty to campaign finance charges...
although, I'd wait till it's all official to see what exactly is happening, if anything..

Another source I read said that he was only expected to plead guilty to tax fraud. I think CNN is full of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: dawnstar
cnn reported that he's expected to plead guilty to campaign finance charges...
although, I'd wait till it's all official to see what exactly is happening, if anything..

Another source I read said that he was only expected to plead guilty to tax fraud. I think CNN is full of it.

So is CBS, NBC, and ABC. ABC interrupted regular scheduled programming to announce this. NBC is so filled with sexual perverts and Liars, that they rarely get anything right.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: shooterbrody

At 4 p.m. Eastern Cohen appears before the judge and the details will be known at that time.

If this guy broke the law he deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Wonder if those who proclaimed Cohen and others were going to "flip" will be around for the details?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Past indiscretions or errors do not justify the future ones. If Trump is found guilty on this and we are under the statute to charge Obama for the same crimes, I say we go for it.

However, I was not looking for an 'but Obama' answer so thank you for the last couple of lines -- yes, he should be arrested just the same, and I'm glad you would be on board with that.

Obama only got fined $375,000 for breaking campaign finance laws. I don't think we're going to see anything materialize past that on this issue for either one of them.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

lol... if nothing happens, can we say they are all full of it???

like I said, I'd wait till it becomes official..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes interesting that Obamas lawyers office wasnt raided when his campaign broke finance laws isnt it?

Look you want to point out me saying Obamas charge is apples to oranges to what trump will be charged with.

Oh I get it!

You want to bring up hypocritical s about laws trump hasnt even been accused yet of breaking and already say that comparing your hypothetical to past presidents breaking the law is not legitimate.

Ah yeah, under your vague hypothetical of trump committing some super serious campaign violation, then yes, I guess he should be punished accordingly for that.

I have said all along that if trump is guilty of any crime, he should be charged and punished according to the law.

Period.

The hypocrites are the ones who are ok with only trump having his team wiretapped, with the fbi sending spies to his campaign, with his lawyers office being raided, with his team being charged with crimes that his opponents team did the exact same thing and werent charged, and now are making a huge deal out of hypothetical campaign finance violations trump may have committed, well poo pooing when Obamas team was already found guilty of that and got a slap on the wrist.

Alright I'll bite Grambler, since you keep going back to Obama.

Please show how these crimes are related and please show clearly Obama's involvement in the decision to not report that money. Also show how Obama's attorneys were involved, hid pertinent information from investigators and warranted their offices to be emptied?

I would love for you to provide proof of any of what I asked as I am not a fan of Obama either, but I am a realist and I know you won't. Because you can't. And that makes me sad, but I suggest you stop bringing it up.

But I'll wait Grambler; I'll continue this conversation with you if you can make an educated relation between these two cases and bring proof of what I asked.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Oh I get it!

Period.

Please show how these crimes are related and please show clearly Obama's involvement in the decision to not report that money. Also show how Obama's attorneys were involved, hid pertinent information from investigators and warranted their offices to be emptied?

I would love for you to provide proof of any of what I asked as I am not a fan of Obama either, but I am a realist and I know you won't. Because you can't. And that makes me sad, but I suggest you stop bringing it up.

But I'll wait Grambler; I'll continue this conversation with you if you can make an educated relation between these two cases and bring proof of what I asked.

What are you talking about?

I am merely stating when Obamas campaign was found guilty of campaign finance violations, no big deal was made, no lawyers were raided, there was no talk of impeachment or jail time for him.

Now you want me to prove that this situation is comparable by showing Obamas direct interactions?

Only problem is you have zero proof Trump personally is involved or ordered anything.

So you make up a completely hypothetical situation with no proof whatsoever, and then complain people citing past presidents breaking finance laws do not exactly apply to your imagined scenario that you want to talk about.

Ok, so whats the point of this conversation?

Yes, you or anyone are extremely capable of making up a hypocritical crime with no evidence, demanding people talk about it, and then say any real crime that ever occurred isnt a fair comparison to your imaginary crime.

Back in the real world, Obamas team was convicted of campaign finance violations, as it seems people in trumps team (cohen) may also be charged.

I asked this question months ago, is a campaign violation reason for impeachment?

Here is the thread on that, which includes how Obamas team took more money than they were allowed, did not report the money, and did not return the money on time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Zero Hedge's latest update:

The NYT confirms that Michael Cohen's plea deal does not involve co-operation with the government, but will include jail time. The plea deal will include tax fraud and bank fraud.

According to Harry Sandick, a former federal prosecutor in Manhattan, there could be several reasons for Cohen to plead guilty without a cooperation deal, according. As Bloomberg notes, it’s possible that federal prosecutors don’t consider his information valuable or view him as a worthy witness. But that could change.

“It could mean that they don’t need him or don’t trust him, or just aren’t ready to cut the deal yet,” said Sandick, now a defense attorney at Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP. “Trump might be happy if there’s no cooperation today, but there could be cooperation in the future."

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oh I get it!

Period.

What are you talking about?

I am merely stating when Obamas campaign was found guilty of campaign finance violations, no big deal was made, no lawyers were raided, there was no talk of impeachment or jail time for him.

Now you want me to prove that this situation is comparable by showing Obamas direct interactions?

Only problem is you have zero proof Trump personally is involved or ordered anything.

So you make up a completely hypothetical situation with no proof whatsoever, and then complain people citing past presidents breaking finance laws do not exactly apply to your imagined scenario that you want to talk about.

Ok, so whats the point of this conversation?

Yes, you or anyone are extremely capable of making up a hypocritical crime with no evidence, demanding people talk about it, and then say any real crime that ever occurred isnt a fair comparison to your imaginary crime.

Back in the real world, Obamas team was convicted of campaign finance violations, as it seems people in trumps team (cohen) may also be charged.

I asked this question months ago, is a campaign violation reason for impeachment?

Here is the thread on that, which includes how Obamas team took more money than they were allowed, did not report the money, and did not return the money on time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do understand the difference between a campaign being found making an error in reporting and a President being taped personally giving order to break campaign finance laws?

If you want to make this comparison, please show Obama and his lawyers personally saying this money should be kept off books?

If you can we have a discussion here. If you cannot you're building a straw-man out of an unrelated crime. Am I making sense? Do you see how unrelated these two things are? Or do you want to prove to me they are related and bring forth the proof that is necessary to make that claim? As I asked above?

I'll make an analogy so we can avoid the back and forth and you can focus on proof. Let's say I own a business, I own Costco. Costco is found not paying taxes properly and as a corporation is found liable and has to pay a fine. Costco as a corporation pays a fine. I am indirectly related to this as I am he owner but I am not a corporation and I am not Costco.

You own Sam's Club. You and your lawyer personally pay off someone with dirt on you. Sam's Club has nothing to do with this decision and is not liable for any fines. The crime lies with two people caught on tape doing this -- you and your attorney.

Am I making sense now, or do you still think Obama's lawyer offices should have been raided?

Be honest please, I have no time for this back and forth, I hope the analogy explains how different these situations and crimes are.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's funny how these news outlets are now saying that Michael Cohen could still end up cooperating with Bob Mueller in the future. Keep hope alive, LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

gee, bank fraud and tax fraud, or whatever those other charges against him that didn't involve trump wasn't reason to hit his office? gee, if someone passes my house and calls the police claiming that they smell that sweet smell of maryjane coming from it... they could possibly find it reason enough to come into my home, over turn every pack box that still sits in my house, rip out every piece of upholstered furniture I have, including my new bed, which I am enjoying very much since I haven't had on in years to sleep on!!!

maybe if trump doesn't want his friends and associates homes to be raided, or their phones tapped, he should pick friends with a little more integrity, I don't know. but, well, as you may have heard... birds of a feather often flock together!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Is it fair to compare a campaign being sued and paying a fine for not reporting donations and a person getting charged for personally authorizing hush payments, influencing the election? Two completely different crimes.

Is it fair to pretend that you know for a fact that said hush payment influenced the election, or that it was authorized under malicious pretenses?

Unless you know more facts that investigators and prosecutors, I would have to assume that the answer is in the negative.

What that narrative does is attempts to force an illegal spin on an otherwise legal non-disclosure agreement (that, btw, was violated...which is against the law). But, you know, who cares about fairness, right?

Well, unless it advances a narrative that one prefers be true, then I guess that fairness is the bee's knees.

And like Dawnstar noted, this isn't about Trump or Obama, it's about Cohen. And as you noted, this is all pure speculation at this point, so I find the fact that, while you say things like "I was not looking for 'but Obama' answer," you sure seem to relish in making this about Trump.

I'm interested in seeing what the final, signed plea agreement is, though. Should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No let me help with your analogy.

K,. you own costco. Your company doesnt pay taxes and pays a fine.

I own sams club. My lawyer is found to have not paid taxes.

Now you make a a big scenario about how I then must be guilty as the owner, and demand people discuss about how guilty I am, with not on shred of evidence at all.

Then when other people say "But wait, wouldnt that be like assuming because your company of costco was guilty, you yourself as the owner must personally be guilty of a crime"

And you are like, no there is no proof you yourself committed a crime.

do you see how dumb this is?

give me one piece of evidence trump personally ordered any crime.

When you do, I would admit that that seems to be different than Obama.

Until then, your made up hypothetical scenario with no proof proves nothing.

Here is what we know right now.

People in both trumps team and Obamas were charged with violating campaign finance laws.

The media is foaming at the mouth over trumps with people calling for impeachment They did no such thing under Obamas.

Yes, i know, in your imagined hypotehtical scenario that you made up with no evidence whatsoever, trump is dr. evil and super ultra guilty, but again, thats your fun little made up fiction, and doesnt seem relevcant to the conversation.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Is it fair to compare a campaign being sued and paying a fine for not reporting donations and a person getting charged for personally authorizing hush payments, influencing the election? Two completely different crimes.

Is it fair to pretend that you know for a fact that said hush payment influenced the election, or that it was authorized under malicious pretenses?

Unless you know more facts that investigators and prosecutors, I would have to assume that the answer is in the negative.

What that narrative does is attempts to force an illegal spin on an otherwise legal non-disclosure agreement (that, btw, was violated...which is against the law). But, you know, who cares about fairness, right?

Well, unless it advances a narrative that one prefers be true, then I guess that fairness is the bee's knees.

And like Dawnstar noted, this isn't about Trump or Obama, it's about Cohen. And as you noted, this is all pure speculation at this point, so I find the fact that, while you say things like "I was not looking for 'but Obama' answer," you sure seem to relish in making this about Trump.

I'm interested in seeing what the final, signed plea agreement is, though. Should be interesting.

You did not just say that!

You are making a claim that hiding adultery from voters months before the election is not an influence on the election? You, sir, are going to have a rough time when this investigation finishes.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No let me help with your analogy.

K,. you own costco. Your company doesnt pay taxes and pays a fine.

I own sams club. My lawyer is found to have not paid taxes.

Now you make a a big scenario about how I then must be guilty as the owner, and demand people discuss about how guilty I am, with not on shred of evidence at all.

Then when other people say "But wait, wouldnt that be like assuming because your company of costco was guilty, you yourself as the owner must personally be guilty of a crime"

And you are like, no there is no proof you yourself committed a crime.

do you see how dumb this is?

give me one piece of evidence trump personally ordered any crime.

When you do, I would admit that that seems to be different than Obama.

Until then, your made up hypothetical scenario with no proof proves nothing.

Here is what we know right now.

People in both trumps team and Obamas were charged with violating campaign finance laws.

The media is foaming at the mouth over trumps with people calling for impeachment They did no such thing under Obamas.

Yes, i know, in your imagined hypotehtical scenario that you made up with no evidence whatsoever, trump is dr. evil and super ultra guilty, but again, thats your fun little made up fiction, and doesnt seem relevcant to the conversation.

In your new analogy example you conveniently left out tapes of hush payments made to girls that adultery was committed with. Why is that?

Or are you trying to say that in your analogy, making hush payments to porn stars is Cohen not paying taxes, leaving yourself as the owner out?

I asked you to be honest, please. Care to try again, or should I focus on the rest of my day?

Edit to add: The evidence is the tapes. Trump authorizing payments and saying, ok what do we owe for this? If you missed the tapes I can look for them for you. I know you've been gone a while, you may have missed them.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes trump associates with crappy people; no argument here.

But so does Hillary, all the bushes, mccain, schumer, pelosie, feinstein, nunes, sessions, booker, warren, and almost every single major politician in washington.

Isnt it funny how only trump people get raided.

I can post evidence after evidence of how trump team is dealt with in totally different ways than any of these others.

We know Obamas team broke campaign finance laws. Any of his lawyers raided?

we know the hillary coonected groups such as the podesta group committed the exact same crime as manafort with the very same oligarchs, failing to register as a foriegn lobbyist. Yet manafort is charged because he is connected to trump, podesta group get to refile the paperwork.

we know that mills and abedin lied to the fbi like flynn. Flynn gets charged cause he is connected to trump, mills and abedin walk free.

I could go on and on.

I will say for the millionth time; if trump or his people committed crimes, punish them to the fullest extent of the law.

All I want is for the law to be applied equally to all of these people, regardless of what side they are on.

And it is abundantly clear that this is not occuring, and whats more, many many peiople are perfec tly fine with that because they dont like trump.

well thats fine, but as I have been warning for well over a year, be careful,. because that same unfair application will eventually be applied to anti establishment people on the left (like how they already screwed bernie out of the primary) and then you will cry foul and it will be too late.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Cohen was the easy target, sacrificial lamb. No way is this plea bargain good for Trump. Cohen is either singing or gonna sing. The war against Trump is real and unfortunately Trump is a dog who laid down with fleas. Or was Trump already the dog. We may find out.

Too bad so many fine Americans placed their faith in their country on Trump but we all know, or should, that Hillary was too despicable to even consider.

God help us all. It's going to continue to be a bumpy ride for America.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
hmm
so 3-5 for a guilty plea with no further cooperation required?
no fines?
sounds like he got a favorable deal if he gets to keep all his cash

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join