It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen to plead guilty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Sure what is the going punishment for campaign finance violations

How many years did obama get when he was guilty of it?

When did he get impeached?

Oh that’s right, almost no one cared

But yeah, if trump committed a crime, he should be held accountable

Now I am sure you will be outraged and demand every other politicians have their lawyers offices raided.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
cnn reported that he's expected to plead guilty to campaign finance charges...
although, I'd wait till it's all official to see what exactly is happening, if anything..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Normally you plead and work out a deal.......

what's the deal here?

Pleading to avoid cooperation with Mueller?

Something is fishy here.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Exactly what trump wants. Trump wants to create so much distrust in the media that the people will not believe the media even when they're telling the truth and only believe Trump's version of the "news"

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I thought you were one of the few on here that abstained from whataboutism.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't believe Cohen did anything other sleezy lawyers don't do all the time. His real crime was being associated with Trump.

link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I thought you were one of the few on here that abstained from whataboutism.

Well I am far from perfect

All I want is equal treatment for all sides

Anyone who can’t see the double standards of how this is going down isn’t being objective

If trump is found guilty of campaign finance violations, do you have any reason he shouldn’t receive the same punishment obama received when he was found guilty of the same?

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Sure what is the going punishment for campaign finance violations

How many years did obama get when he was guilty of it?

When did he get impeached?

Oh that’s right, almost no one cared

But yeah, if trump committed a crime, he should be held accountable

Now I am sure you will be outraged and demand every other politicians have their lawyers offices raided.

Past indiscretions or errors do not justify the future ones. If Trump is found guilty on this and we are under the statute to charge Obama for the same crimes, I say we go for it.

However, I was not looking for an 'but Obama' answer so thank you for the last couple of lines -- yes, he should be arrested just the same, and I'm glad you would be on board with that.

And as I just said, yes, I will be supportive of any dirty politician being exposed. Was there any doubt about that, knowing my post history?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Obama was already found guilty of campaign finance violations

He paid a fine

No impeachment no jail time

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Obama was already found guilty of campaign finance violations

He paid a fine

No impeachment no jail time

Then there is a precedent in the law. If this is exactly the same thing, Trump should also pay a fine.

I have a feeling we're comparing apples and oranges though. I'll look deeper into Obama's crimes and get back to you, I was not going to discuss Obama in this thread, but it's unavoidable.

Edit to add: Ok, Obama campaign paid $375,000 for not reporting $2m in received donations. It was the campaign that was charged and the campaign paid a fine. I cannot find anything on Obama being charged personally, or having authorized anyone not reporting money? Can you?

Is it fair to compare a campaign being sued and paying a fine for not reporting donations and a person getting charged for personally authorizing hush payments, influencing the election? Two completely different crimes.

But as I said, if they cn be looked at as the same in the law, which they can't, then there is a precedent.

Thanks for bringing this up, now I know how unrelated this is for future discussions.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Equal treatment under the law has been absent over the past two years.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
‏Verified account @MichaelCohen212

@HillaryClinton when you go to prison for defrauding America and perjury, your room and board will be free!
10:03 PM - 19 Dec 2015

bless his heart.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The guy was a dufus for scamming, bit off more than he could chew.

Yes he was bad with math, but he was hiding it too

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I believe you are right on that. The value of the taxi medallions are almost arbitrary at this point. At one point, the medallions were valued in the millions and I have heard since that they maybe worth around 250 thousand.

It would be totally up for grabs what discussion between two parties would value them at, and at what point the value dropped. Very hard to prove.

As far as the plea not involving cooperation with the government, I would think any language of that sort would entangle any testimony he provided in attorney client privilege arguments, something they do not want to argue about

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

it's cohen pleading guilty to the charge, not trump. trump could be dragged into it, wouldn't surprise me if he was. but for now, if everything is as cnn is saying, cohen will be pleading guilty to it... haven't seen any information if this just pertains to the payoffs to women or if there is more we don't know about.
also, it's not the only charge he's might be pleading guilty to... so he might get off of that charge with just a fine and still end up in a prison somewhere.
the reports I've heard seem to suggest that at least some jail time will be involved.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
just announced that this is a straight-up guilty plea...3 to 5 years jail time. This was not a plea deal.
edit on 8/21/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it's cohen pleading guilty to the charge, not trump. trump could be dragged into it, wouldn't surprise me if he was. but for now, if everything is as cnn is saying, cohen will be pleading guilty to it... haven't seen any information if this just pertains to the payoffs to women or if there is more we don't know about.
also, it's not the only charge he's might be pleading guilty to... so he might get off of that charge with just a fine and still end up in a prison somewhere.
the reports I've heard seem to suggest that at least some jail time will be involved.

CNN is saying it will be between 3 years and 50 months. It's gotta be the fraud charges related to his taxi business. 3 years would be a ridiculously long sentence for campaign finance violation (which normally involves just a fine).

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
just announced that this is a straight-up guilty plea...3 to 5 years jail time. This was not a plea deal.

Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen reaches plea deal with prosecutors: reports

Ongoing discussions. Don't trust any news outlet until this settles.

The plea bargain could increase legal risks for the president, as it raises the possibility that Cohen will provide information to U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and possible coordination with the Trump campaign.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

the story I read said no cooperation...but that will get spun a million ways to the potus before the truth actually comes out
www.foxnews.com...

The New York Times reports that the deal does not involve a cooperation agreement with prosecutors.

edit on 21/8/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It was announced by Shepard Smith of Fox News. Poor guy sounded pretty sad. He even said manafort two times instead of cohen, while announcing this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join