It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo reveals Soros-funded social-media censorship plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
An article from WND is serving a "reminder" topic that was hashed out in Jan 2017.

It's about who is behind the massive onslaught of Conservative censoring happening in social media.

Kind of explains why and how outfits like Facebook, Twitter etc are doing what they are doing and scrambling to deny and deflect.

Ol' George Soros is involved through several outlets that fund the censoring attempts.

Problem is, many if not most people are on to the gag while these jealous power mungers keep on pounding the Left Wing agendas.

All the Social Media excuses are all BS as usual.

Memo reveals Soros-funded social-media censorship plan

The recent wave of censorship of conservative voices on the internet by tech giants Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Apple mirrors a plan concocted by a coalition of George Soros-funded, progressive groups to take back power in Washington from President Trump’s administration.

A confidential, 49-page memo for defeating Trump by working with the major social-media platforms to eliminate “right wing propaganda and fake news” was presented in January 2017 by Media Matters founder David Brock at a retreat in Florida with about 100 donors, the Washington Free Beacon reported at the time.

On Monday, the Gateway Pundit blog noted the memo’s relationship with recent moves by Silicon Valley tech giants to “shadow ban” conservative political candidates and pundits and remove content.

added:
old thread from Jan 2017

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No one writes a 49 page memo. No such thing. Memos are short. Besides, following the link to the actual "memo" unlocks a whole host of crap that my laptop freezes. It feels like a scam.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is awful, but just imagine what will happen if some Progressive #ss wipe like Kamala Harris were to win POTUS and the Dems took the House of Representatives or the Senate. Now that would be truly awful.

Unfortunately, one day, it'll probably happen; when the retard and feckless GOP tries running some empty suit like Romney again.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From the article...

The strategies are impeachment, expanding Media Matters’ mission to combat “government misinformation,” ensuring Democratic control of the Senate in the 2018 midterm elections, filing lawsuits against the Trump administration, monetizing political advocacy, using a “digital attacker” to delegitimize Trump’s presidency and damage Republicans, and partnering with Facebook to combat “fake news.”

Now, this seems strangely familiar...

Oh Yea!!! It's the current DNC midterms campaign!!!

Probably just a coincidence... ~wink wink~

Too bad we can't prove that he is trying to overturn the results of the 2016 election, otherwise Congress might want a chat with him.

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

No one writes a 49 page memo. No such thing. Memos are short. Besides, following the link to the actual "memo" unlocks a whole host of crap that my laptop freezes. It feels like a scam.

Of course it's a scam.

Because it doesn't jive with your personal bias.

For the record, it's hosted on Scribd....not exactly a hotbed of hacker activity....

edit on 21-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Both Brock, and Soros are pieces of #.

American Bridge!

American Bridge 21st Century is a progressive American Super PAC that supports Democratic candidates and opposes Republican candidates.[1] It was founded by David Brock in 2010 and is associated with Media Matters for America. It is an opposition research hub for the Democratic Party.[2] The group physically tracks and monitors Republican candidates and officials and uses social media to deploy its findings

USA Today described the group's goal as "uncovering an unguarded moment, a controversial position, a gaffe or flip-flop, anything that can be used to torpedo a political foe's campaign."[5] The organization compiles opposition research dossiers on the Republican candidates they are targeting. The group's opposition dossier on Mitt Romney was 2,500 pages long. American Bridge PAC attempts to tie Republican candidates to the Koch brothers.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

There's no reason not to believe anything written in this snip.

www.scribd.com...

Pretty damning stuff.

edit on 21-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Meet the new Fusion GPS!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Looks like you visit too many Democrat websites.

You are now riddled with Demware ad-viruses !!!!

They have your number 😃

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Amusing no one talks about the "leftists" pages on Facebook and Twitter getting banned...

that would be unbiased reporting though, damage the narrative

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Xuen, I don't doubt for a second that Soros influences our politics, but I don't have much time today to dig -- can you point me to his involvement in this matter, please?

I looked up David Brock, and he is a 56 year old book author. He is a liberal.

How is this 49 page manuscript from 2017 connected to Soros? Are there credits in it that I'm missing? Some company that funded this paper somehow?

Forgive me but WND is an extreme right, highly inaccurate, conspiracy outlet that has nothing to do with journalism or accuracy in reporting. I cannot take their word on anything. Do you have another source linking Brock to Soros?

Media Bias on WND

edit on 21-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How "American" of them!

Boy, we all know politics is dirty but there's no antiseptic for grime like these a-holes

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I’d say with Soros’ financing, it appears this agenda item is goin according to plan and paying dividends in censorship just one year on...

Glad to see FB and their social media Ilk playing right into 1 world order’s web of tyranny vs. individual rights and oh yeah, funny enough...

Free Speech

edit on 21-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Meet the new Fusion GPS!

Isn't that the CTR?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Funny how a Hungarian billionare's incessant election meddling, tampering, and collusion to influence elections in the US is treated as a total non-issue by the same MSM that treats conjectured and fabricated theories of Russian influence on the nation's elections as the worst crisis the west has faced since the rise of Hitler...

What a collective of chuckleheads the media and those who dote on their message and conditioning have become.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Xuen, I don't doubt for a second that Soros influences our politics, but I don't have much time today to dig -- can you point me to his involvement in this matter, please?

Media Matters was partially founded by George Soros... and he is still their primary financier.
American Bridge to the 21st Century is a Soros founded CPAC and he continues to be their largest donor.
CREW was exposed several years ago as being a clandestine front group of George Soros... sorosfiles.com...
they have a long history of illegal accusations and harassment against any politicians who threaten the Soros; goal of a far left America. No shock they're using the same guerrilla tactics against right wing media personalities today.

As for WND... it's also on other sources, such as the DailyWire, www.dailywire.com... which is a site dedicated to honesty in reporting and was founded by ATS contributor and political independent, Ben Shapiro.

So, got any other attempts to discredit this report that I can identify as erroneous?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wonder what's then keeping billionaires on the right from forming their own social media networks and platforms...

strange how Soros doesn't seem to have a far right counterpart eventhough the wealthy repubs, oil tycoons, pro sports owners, investors, and the cock brothers are the second biggest private organization in America... all these rich right wing elites come a dime a dozen.

yet Soros, who's wealth is dwarfed compared to say a single sports team owner in America, he seems to wield the wealth and influence of the likes of some emperor according to right wing mentalists...
edit on 21-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I wonder what's then keeping billionaires on the right from forming their own social media networks and platforms...

strange how Soros doesn't seem to have a far right counterpart eventhough the wealthy repubs come a dime a dozen.

www.washingtonpost.com...
The narrative that the GOP enjoys the highest ultra wealthy support is not backed up by really anything factual. The opposite seems to be true, particularly in the tech industry which is at the root of the OP here. America's richest are Democrat supporters now. (A fact which the left must never admit or they lose their ability to lie and claim the GOP policies only benefit the wealthy.)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Funny how extreme right leaning groups around eastern Europe use Soros to spread fear and propaganda. . Same tactics used by alt-right in the USA.
Take Hungary as an example. If you criticize the sitting PM Victor Orban they tie you to Soros. In Poland, every critique of the current right wing government will get you labeled as a Soros shill.
That 88 year old dude sure is busy meddling in all those countries and silencing poor right wingers across the globe.

SNIP

edit on 8/21/2018 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped for Manners Violation

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Amusing no one talks about the "leftists" pages on Facebook and Twitter getting banned...

that would be unbiased reporting though, damage the narrative

Which ones? Surely you can be specific.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<<   2 >>

join