It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Bricks Will Pave the Way for Human Space Exploration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I have read that moon dust is magnets and easily melted by microwaves. Scientist say moon dust could be melted by vehicle mounted microwave devices to create roads. Also, magnetic filtering devices could be used to filter the air in living habitats.

Moon dust is toxic and very abrasive. Solutions will need to be devised before people can go back to the moon.

Let's see here. Moon dust for roads? Now, how much would a truckload of moon dust cost to transport, in, say, diesel fuel equivalent? Maybe a home of moon bricks could come in at under a billion, may work for Malibu or Vancouver, but how much will that road dust cost?

An economist you're not. No. I take that back. It is a fact that, if you lined-up all the economists in a straight line, they would never come to a conclusion.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Wording.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I'm guessing he meant roads on the moon...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I always figured those would be tunnels.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As coincidence would have it, I just read this story this morning on BBC:

Scientists say they have definitive evidence for water-ice on the surface of the Moon.

The ice deposits are found at both the north and south poles, and are likely to be ancient in origin.

The result comes from an instrument on India's Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft, which explored the Moon between 2008 and 2009.

The Lunaunion is going to garner impressive wages, but they'll earn them, having to make their own habitat.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

That makes more sense, will need some way to get to McDonald's.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I always figured those would be tunnels.

Isn't that where the mole people live, though? Sounds almost as scary as the NYC tubes!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was referring to roads on the Moon.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Ummm...why such a wasteful pursuit...why not just use large 3d printers to print the infrastructure...?

The only viable solution to brick making would be to climate control the brick making in a structure that reclaims the H2O and reuses it over and over again in the process...

Of course...the same method could be used to reclaim the H2O from a 3D print using regolith plus H2O and bonding/binding agents...

With printing the structures you could also print any control and electrical conductors right along with the structure...print road surfaces so that the electricity is integral with the surface and transport is electric using the road/paths for power...

You could print virtually everything you needed...including replacement parts and the machines themselves...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I was referring to roads on the Moon.

I understand that now, just, at first, didn't see that roads would be needed on the moon. I don't know why it didn't occur to me people would need them for family road trips, to take in all of the diversity of nature, "Look, Mom! There's a big jagged gray one! And wow! More dust!" Can just imagine the traffic jams, when it's quitting time at the brick factory.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Moon dust stuck key.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I like where you're going with this!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I wonder how much of the Moon they can dig before it no longer exists?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Right, but creating vast amounts of water it isn't what one would call a fail-safe procedure. Is the risk of a major catastrophe worth it?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...why such a wasteful pursuit...why not just use large 3d printers to print the infrastructure...?

The only viable solution to brick making would be to climate control the brick making in a structure that reclaims the H2O and reuses it over and over again in the process...

Of course...the same method could be used to reclaim the H2O from a 3D print using regolith plus H2O and bonding/binding agents...

With printing the structures you could also print any control and electrical conductors right along with the structure...print road surfaces so that the electricity is integral with the surface and transport is electric using the road/paths for power...

You could print virtually everything you needed...including replacement parts and the machines themselves...

YouSir

Simple, right..?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
3-D printers will be relics once science learns how to project an electrostatic holographic model and amorphously deposit almost any material, from the inside out at the xyz intersections. No moving parts. Obviously a world changing event and, as quantum theory would suggest, if you can think about it, someday it will most likely happen.

Something like that would probably work best in a near vacuum like the Moon...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
3-D printers will be relics once science learns how to project an electrostatic holographic model and amorphously deposit almost any material, from the inside out at the xyz intersections. No moving parts. Obviously a world changing event and, as quantum theory would suggest, if you can think about it, someday it will most likely happen.

Something like that would probably work best in a near vacuum like the Moon...

Yes, but anything like that is a long way off. Thanks for your contribution, however.
edit on 30-8-2018 by lostbook because: Edit

edit on 30-8-2018 by lostbook because: Edit

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
Isn't that where the mole people live, though? Sounds almost as scary as the NYC tubes!

Selenites, I believe they are called.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join