It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of fake outrage over trump jokes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Trump is just low hanging fruit. Like Bush was before him. Trump is deeply unpopular and does a lot of dumb things. He's an easy target. Of course low skilled comedians are going to build a lot of material using him as a base. That doesn't mean that stand up is dead though. There are plenty of amazing standup comedians out there coming out with great material that isn't all Trump related.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Grambler

After serving him like that, you better get a fat tip.

Depends on what sort of "fat tip" we are discussing.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ever see Ann Coulter's AMA (ask me anything) on reddit? Pure gold. Reddit

She can take licks, and she can sure give them out ( I don't think she did on reddit though), her smile seems forced though.

She did however take many a licks on the view while she was defending Trump. (Before he won candidacy if I remember correctly)

Had to inject a little humor here.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I have a friend that does stand up, and he flat out told me that if you want to get booked at a decent club then you better be anti-Trump. That's my issue with this. There has been a culture of being anti-something or other (which is fine) but this new wave of anti-culture is more a: "join us or have no job". Now that is an issue.

Ironically, this could be the very reason everyone could miss-call another Trump victory, whether it be election or public opinion.

Professionally and socially people typically keep hush hush if they support Trump or even if they're indifferent of him. It's easy to be open online in anonymity, but my guess is many people don't admit what they feel about him in day to day life in fear of repercussion.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

After serving him like that, you better get a fat tip.

Depends on what sort of "fat tip" we are discussing.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

From the AMA on Reddit.

One of the top rated questions and then an alternate.

Would you rather fight one horse-sized Obama, or 10 Obama-sized horses?

Alternate question was going to be something about 1 horse faced Ann Coulter vs 10 Ann Coulter faced horses, but then I realized "How would you tell them apart?"

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I find that since "comedy" has been required to be PC, it is much less comedic. The Trump jokes are shrill and monotonic and seem forced. There doesn't seem to be enough laugh tracks to make them any better.
Even though Pelosi, Waters, Schumer, and Ocasio, et al., are much more fruitful for comedy but the Comedic PC seems to save them from ridicule.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

.................... and 65% laughing at myself.

you need to do better than that!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Probably true.

The problem is, as sad, pathetic, petty, unfunny, unattractive, vindictive, good for nothing, arrogant, worthless, and laughbale as I am...

The more time I spend with you losers on here, the better I look to myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Probably true.

The problem is, as sad, pathetic, petty, unfunny, unattractive, vindictive, good for nothing, arrogant, worthless, and laughbale as I am...

Say that after you get the fat tip from serving everyone.... Without crying.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Trump is just low hanging fruit. Like Bush was before him. Trump is deeply unpopular and does a lot of dumb things. He's an easy target. Of course low skilled comedians are going to build a lot of material using him as a base. That doesn't mean that stand up is dead though. There are plenty of amazing standup comedians out there coming out with great material that isn't all Trump related.

Stand-up is dead. It hasn't made a reemergence, and as I pointed out it's not that every modern comedian sucks, but rather that there are so few of them that understand the art. Many comedians that are "up and coming" use sites like YouTube to get their starts and fail to understand the importance of running their acts through a live audience to filter the bad jokes from good jokes. They also rather run the gambit of "you suck" comments that can be ignored than deal with the odd heckler. Again this doesn't mean that everyone doing stand-up sucks, but rather that people aren't taking the time to understand the art. Kind of like that co-worker/uncle/ neighbor that can say something funny every now and then, but it's not like you would pay money to go see them preform an act on stage. People can be funny, but being funny isn't the same as stand-up.

The low hanging fruit angle is important, and I'm glad you brought it up. Saying that Trump is low hanging fruit is true, but telling comedians that if they doesn't have such and such (in this case anti-Trump jokes) in their act they can't get work is something else. That's the issue I'm making about the current anti-culture mentality many comedians are seeing. So these new comedians are getting forced into either You Tube, falling in line with Hollywood standards, or not working. The art gets lost in the process.

link   

Pfft. You haven't seen me in spandex.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I can tell the difference between someone being funny and someone spewing hate. I don't need anyone to tell me when I can be angry at the latter.

Its more the hypocrisy than the 'jokes' that anger me. Eight years of "get over it" just seem to have disappeared in some peoples minds. Being called racist nazi bigot homophobe xenophobe warmonger fascist hater for eight years and beyond was not fun. Watching over paid a$$holes on tv saying "F*ck Trump" and "In your face - suck it Trump" does make me angry and it should anger anyone who cares about this country. You have to know that this kind of so-called humor does not help matters in this country. The left scream about how divisive POTUS is then do things like this. This isn't divisive?!?

Its only wrong when the right does it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

To kick off its conspicuously big star-lacking Video Music Awards event Monday night, MTV invited on comedian Kevin Hart who followed the Trump-era comedian script to a tee by immediately slamming President Trump.

Joined by his co-comedian Tiffany Haddish, Hart quickly worked in some tired Trump-bashing into his introductory remarks, as noted by Mediaite.

"You never know what's going to happen at the VMAs," said a noticeably nervous Hart. "Beefs pop off, bad language, people run to the bathroom and send out crazy tweets. It’s basically like a typical day in the White House."

To make sure that his audience didn't miss that he was ripping the president, Hart yelled, "In your face, Trump! Suck it!"

That wasn't the only jab the comedian took at Trump. He also worked in a racially charged one about the national anthem protests.

Saying he's approaching the event like it's "game day," Hart told the audience that they could feel free to kneel tonight because "there’s no old white man that can stop you."

www.dailywire.com...

Ok so time to anger some trump fans.

I am so tired of the fake outrage over mean things said about trump, particularly if it is comedy.

Look, I also am bored with the fact that almost aall of our culture, including media and comedy, is dominated totally by left leaning anti trump people.

However, I have seen several conservative leaning articles like this one bashing Kevin Hart for mocking trump, and it comes off as VERY thin skinned.

I watched the clip, but admittedly not the whole VMA.

My guess is that as the host, Hart spoike all night. And out of that, he had , what 15 seconds of two trump jokes?

And neither of them are that edgy or offensive.

His first joke he merely says that the VMA's can be volatile, like the white house. Thats kind of funny, and certainly its true trumps white house has been volatile. Not really a mean or bad spirited joke at all.

His second joke he said people can kneel, and no old white man will tell them not to. Again, not too edgy at all too me, and kind of funny.

Now look, had Hart went on every other joke about Trump, or had he not been telling jokes at all and just saying f trump or something, I would get the anger at him.

But come on!!!

This was mild, relatively funny, and very short. Its time to stop scanning the world for outrage.

I thought that was something trump supporters said of the SJW types; so why do some of them act in the same way?

For me it is more like the broken record thing. Jokes and anti Trump rhetoric from celebrities just show they have nothing else and do it for the bandwagon.

That is what annoys me... the continual bashing of Trump. Almost like they are saying to themselves they have to show how woke they are by bashing Trump.

It was the same with Bush. I don't recall any of the same vitriol targeted at Obama on the shows or late night television.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
useing the potus for comedy is a crutch

befor you even tell the joke 50% of the people like it ... almost anyone can get on stage bash the potus and get a cheer lower the bar any more and the "pros" will be replaced with anyone who can bash trump for half price

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Comedy has been the tool of the left to cope with right wing politics for some time now. This is nothing new under the Trump era. Look how many Comedy careers were launched thanks to the Bush Admin. John Stewart and Steven Colbert have him to thank for their careers, for instance.

Notice, though, that the moment Dennis Miller went right-wing, his humour became flaccid.

Speaking of Dennis Miller and sucking, check this Cracked article out. Written by the all time best Cracked writer Seanbaby.
Pretty much covers it, don't it?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

To kick off its conspicuously big star-lacking Video Music Awards event Monday night, MTV invited on comedian Kevin Hart who followed the Trump-era comedian script to a tee by immediately slamming President Trump.

Joined by his co-comedian Tiffany Haddish, Hart quickly worked in some tired Trump-bashing into his introductory remarks, as noted by Mediaite.

"You never know what's going to happen at the VMAs," said a noticeably nervous Hart. "Beefs pop off, bad language, people run to the bathroom and send out crazy tweets. It’s basically like a typical day in the White House."

To make sure that his audience didn't miss that he was ripping the president, Hart yelled, "In your face, Trump! Suck it!"

That wasn't the only jab the comedian took at Trump. He also worked in a racially charged one about the national anthem protests.

Saying he's approaching the event like it's "game day," Hart told the audience that they could feel free to kneel tonight because "there’s no old white man that can stop you."

www.dailywire.com...

Ok so time to anger some trump fans.

I am so tired of the fake outrage over mean things said about trump, particularly if it is comedy.

Look, I also am bored with the fact that almost aall of our culture, including media and comedy, is dominated totally by left leaning anti trump people.

However, I have seen several conservative leaning articles like this one bashing Kevin Hart for mocking trump, and it comes off as VERY thin skinned.

I watched the clip, but admittedly not the whole VMA.

My guess is that as the host, Hart spoike all night. And out of that, he had , what 15 seconds of two trump jokes?

And neither of them are that edgy or offensive.

His first joke he merely says that the VMA's can be volatile, like the white house. Thats kind of funny, and certainly its true trumps white house has been volatile. Not really a mean or bad spirited joke at all.

His second joke he said people can kneel, and no old white man will tell them not to. Again, not too edgy at all too me, and kind of funny.

Now look, had Hart went on every other joke about Trump, or had he not been telling jokes at all and just saying f trump or something, I would get the anger at him.

But come on!!!

This was mild, relatively funny, and very short. Its time to stop scanning the world for outrage.

I thought that was something trump supporters said of the SJW types; so why do some of them act in the same way?

Great post. Lest we forget, every president get's that treatment. We've got to stop being so thin skinned as a nation and getting outraged by everything.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I always like it when someone can joke about our POTUS. I may get some flack for this but bigO took them pretty well and did Bush jr. If people get upset over these types of jokes than maybe we can call them.......snowflakes?!?!?!

When trump and his trumpets get butt hurt , it just shows how weak and insecure they really are.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People made fun of Dear Leader and people can make fun of Cheetolini.

is that some thinly veiled jab at our President's orange hue? If so, that offends me. He's just really peachy, not orange.

Agent Orange

Cheeto Benito

Cheeto-In-Chief

Comrade Cheetolino

The Fanta Fascist

Last Of The Mango Mohawkans

Mango Mussolini

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

. It's down to toilet jokes and just making fun of people like we are all still in grade school.

You would hate visiting Britain

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join