It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of fake outrage over trump jokes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
That was one of the best Roasts ever.

Bob Saget was better. Trump's comedic timing is as bad as his skin.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah Clinton knew how to take a joke. My favorite is the 2006 White House Correspondence Dinner with Stephen Colbert.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

if he, himself, volunteered to appear, who is anyone to complain about anything said about him?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
That was one of the best Roasts ever.

Bob Saget was better. Trump's comedic timing is as bad as his skin.

Fair point, while I've laughed at things Trump has said, he doesn't really have a comedic undertone. He usually just veils a raging grudge behind "comedy". Obama could rip on himself, I always gave him Kudos for that (luckily he didn't take to many kudos from me, I only have so many to give out).

He filled in for Colbert on the Colbert Report (before Colbert wore everything on his sleeve). It was worth a watch.

edit on 21-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks

You’re really coming here, to ATS, to complain about Trumpers being thinned skinned?

That’s pretty much the M.O. for the site.

Oh please!

Lets not act like many of you anti trumpers arent special little snowflakes as well.

I just like calling out all sides of the outrage culture, maybe its something you should try.

Maybe I’m wrong but this is the first time I’ve seen you call out Trump supporters for being snowflakes.

Usually your threads are about the bombshell reports that should have half of the citizenry locked up for conspiring not to elect the great orange one.

Though I agree it is a nice change of pace seeing you call out right wing idiocy.

Well I never suggest locking anyone up for not voting for trump, and I routinely call out trump and his supporters, espceilly when they get outraged over comedians like kathy griffin or michele wolfe, etc.

Of course, as someone who works at a marijuana facility, I am not surprised you are a little confused.

Please, direct me to these threads where you routinely call out Trump supporters. Between the ones calling for the vindication of Tommy Robinson and every “memo” that ended up having the weight of a post it note I’m having trouble finding them.

Me thinks you’re a little jealous I get to work with beautiful, natural, legal, plants everyday.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I had spent all night in my Cry-Room coloring and playing with bubbles when I logged onto ATS and saw this.

Going to have to go back there now, you triggered me all over again.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Comedy has been the tool of the left to cope with right wing politics for some time now. This is nothing new under the Trump era. Look how many Comedy careers were launched thanks to the Bush Admin. John Stewart and Steven Colbert have him to thank for their careers, for instance.

Notice, though, that the moment Dennis Miller went right-wing, his humour became flaccid.

link   

To be fair, Carrot Top called out Kevin Heart saying he was a P**** for not criticizing Trump with his comedy. His recent jokes don't seem like Hart's style, almost like forced appeasement jokes.

“I do feel like this is such an anxiety-ridden time for everyone that there is a thirst for all kinds of comedy,” she told the outlet. “And look, if you want to not hear about Trump at all, go see Kevin Hart. He doesn’t even mention Trump. I personally think that’s a p— move because he’s a black man. But I guess he’s selling more tickets than I ever will.”
Source
edit on 21-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I had spent all night in my Cry-Room coloring and playing with bubbles when I logged onto ATS and saw this.

Going to have to go back there now, you triggered me all over again.

I heard marching on Washington helps.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

I think I'll just knock down a random statue instead.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

People can't laugh at themselves, they should spend more time looking in the mirror, it might help.

Is that what helps you laugh at yourself ? Just wondering.. since you’re giving out advice. 😜

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

I think I'll just knock down a random statue instead.

Please leave this one alone.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You’re really coming here, to ATS, to complain about Trumpers being thinned skinned?

That’s pretty much the M.O. for the site.

Oh please!

Lets not act like many of you anti trumpers arent special little snowflakes as well.

I just like calling out all sides of the outrage culture, maybe its something you should try.

Maybe I’m wrong but this is the first time I’ve seen you call out Trump supporters for being snowflakes.

Usually your threads are about the bombshell reports that should have half of the citizenry locked up for conspiring not to elect the great orange one.

Though I agree it is a nice change of pace seeing you call out right wing idiocy.

Well I never suggest locking anyone up for not voting for trump, and I routinely call out trump and his supporters, espceilly when they get outraged over comedians like kathy griffin or michele wolfe, etc.

Of course, as someone who works at a marijuana facility, I am not surprised you are a little confused.

Please, direct me to these threads where you routinely call out Trump supporters. Between the ones calling for the vindication of Tommy Robinson and every “memo” that ended up having the weight of a post it note I’m having trouble finding them.

Me thinks you’re a little jealous I get to work with beautiful, natural, legal, plants everyday.

Whoa, sounds like you and those plants need to get a room!

Hey, sorry you dont like the bulk of my threads because they shatter your world view about how we all need to be subservient to deep state actors at every turn.

But hey, join the club of the large group of people that arev incapable of discussing substance of the threads, and instead want to pout that they dont like me or my threads.

As far as my posts agianst trump or his supporters or defending not wanting people fired for comedy from any side.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thats just some of the threads I did. There are also comments I have on other peoples threads routinely saying trump supporters should stop demanding plays they dont like be shut down, should stop demanding kathy griffin be fired, being called a sellout for lambasting trumps syria strikes, etc.

But hey, why do I need to defend myself to herb enthusiast like yourself anyways.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Comedy has been the tool of the left to cope with right wing politics for some time now. This is nothing new under the Trump era. Look how many Comedy careers were launched thanks to the Bush Admin. John Stewart and Steven Colbert have him to thank for their careers, for instance.

Notice, though, that the moment Dennis Miller went right-wing, his humour became flaccid.

Speaking of Dennis Miller and sucking, check this Cracked article out. Written by the all time best Cracked writer Seanbaby.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Is that what helps you laugh at yourself ? Just wondering.. since you’re giving out advice. 😜

Totally. You'd laugh at my face too if you had it.

Or cry.

edit on 21-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Likewise, Ann Coulter was one of the roasters on a Comedy Central Roast a time or two back. I can't even remember who was being roasted but she sat there on the stage and took her pounding as the token conservative celebrity like a trooper.
We all know how scathing those roasts can be but the whole idea is to laugh.

So she gets up to the lecturn for here turn to do some roasting and true to the spirit of ''roasts'', at least as I have come to know it, she let loose some very very insinuating remarks all of which were very conservatively charged.

I laughed my arse off. The gal has some serious comedic chops. Dead pan face, jokes delivered with perfect timing and punch lines that poked straight into liberal hyprocrasy. Straight out of the Roast hand book.

Except for one thing, the audience was all liberal. Oh magod. Her presentation was shunned because either they did not get her jokes OR they were all '' how dare she say those things''

So a good thread G and I wanted to add a little snippet from the other side as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

After serving him like that, you better get a fat tip.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Totally. You'd laugh at my face too if you had it.

Or cry.

I'd be happy if anyone laughed or cried when they see my face.... I get a far, far worse reaction.

"Bless his heart"

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have a friend that does stand up, and he flat out told me that if you want to get booked at a decent club then you better be anti-Trump. That's my issue with this. There has been a culture of being anti-something or other (which is fine) but this new wave of anti-culture is more a: "join us or have no job". Now that is an issue.

The other issue here is comedy in general. With the exception of a few people, the art of stand-up is dead. It died back in the 90's when shock became more important then content of a joke. We can blame people who tried to live the fantasy of the stand-up that was pushed during the coke induced era of the 80's, but the sad reality is that most people who got into stand-up during those times were trying to live a life of failure. Some people were good at it, but most weren't yet those that weren't kept pushing and pushing until they just became a joke on to themselves. Gig's would come in for them, and new comedians would see them and model their acts after these failures.

Stand-up is an art form, and those people who take the time to understand it can make a decent living. Like any other art form people will pay for good quality. Ever see an kids figure painting go for millions? Of course not, but when you hear how talented their kid was because they can make a grey spot look like an elephant you would think they gave birth to the next Picasso. Imagine if that kids parents pushed that grey crap art of their kids as real art, then other saw it and thought that that's how they should paint. The world would get filled up by crap art is short order, and artwork of the masters would get pushed off as classical art. This is basically what's been happening in the world of stand-up for years now. Instead of looking back on the comedy of people like Red Fox, Lenny Bruce, Don Rickles, Richard Pryor, we get people trying to be poorly crafted knock off's of Louis C.K., Chris Rock, and Jim Norton.

This current batch of anti-Trumpism that's been feeding the new stand-up comics is in part a sickness of the times, created by the anti-culture movement we're in. Comedians trying to be edgy without understanding what's edgy to begin with, club owners wanting to be part of the Hollywood scene without actually being part of it, and the lack of comedians taking he time to understand themselves and understand the art which is stand-up.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Guyfriday because: Removed a wierd typo

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ever see Ann Coulter's AMA (ask me anything) on reddit? Pure gold. Reddit

She can take licks, and she can sure give them out ( I don't think she did on reddit though), her smile seems forced though.

She did however take many a licks on the view while she was defending Trump. (Before he won candidacy if I remember correctly)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join