It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of fake outrage over trump jokes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne
a reply to: Grambler

How are they outraged?

In the way that they write articles complaining about the jokes because they pick on trump.

Maybe outraged isnt the right word.

Upset enough to write an article about it?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Comedy has been the tool of the left to cope with right wing politics for some time now. This is nothing new under the Trump era. Look how many Comedy careers were launched thanks to the Bush Admin. John Stewart and Steven Colbert have him to thank for their careers, for instance.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Approved this message.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: network dude

who is angry about this? I didn't watch it, so not angry at all. Or does the news article include me by proxy?

Well no, it doesnt include anyone who is not angry.

I have seen several conservative articles like the one I linked form the daily wire complainging about this, and I was commenting on that.

I agree that whining about someone joking about Trump is idiotic. But I get offended when I'm told I am offended, but never knew I was supposed to be offended, so my offended feelings never got to really be seen. I have good offended feelings, and they are damn sexy. If you don't believe me, offend me again.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Comedy as a profession is no longer funny. It's a forced laugh and a rictus grin as scripted, tired cliches are repeated over and over, because no one wants to put in the time to do anything original, and actually funny. It's down to toilet jokes and just making fun of people like we are all still in grade school.
edit on 21-8-2018 by wylekat because: A capital(lization) idea

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If you don't believe me, offend me again.

Who dressed you today? Stevie or Ray?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Approved this message.

and still not as ugly as Maxine Waters.

link   
It is always funny to see flip flopping. The people who complained the most about political correctness, now want everyone to be politically correct when it comes to their side being in power.

Pre Election

"You are such a snowflake SJW PC monster. Free speech...Free speech. I should be able to say what I want with no repercussions"

Post Election

"Something something Trump."

"How dare you sir! Please excuse me while I flutter to the ground and melt."

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you don't believe me, offend me again.

Who dressed you today? Stevie or Ray?

what you don't know, is wearing your underwear outside your pants is a sign of respect around here. So the joke is on you.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Say what you will of Bill Clinton (not a fan of his myself)

But watch him in this clip.

Norm macdonald is one of the funniest people alive. He rips Clinton but in mostly classy ways, and Clinton is laughing the whole time.

Absolutely brilliant on all ends.

No way trump would take a joke that well, though no way a comedian could be so funny and have so much class making fun of trump.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I will say lately you can tell it comes from a place of real anger with many comedians, so the humor isn't up to par with when they were ripping on Bill Clinton...

The Clinton years were comedy gold on late night TV.
I have to agree with your sentiment that there's a meanness in a lot of comedy today though. I blame people. If it didn't sell it would die. It's what the people want.

It just used to be more light hearted, both sides would get ripped on at the same time. Comedians have to empathize and get in the persons head so to speak to truly emulate the nuances, that's where we find true comedy. Anyone who has ten minutes needs to watch this gem of SNL doing the first Gore Bush debate.

All that said, comedians never offend me.

edit on 21-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   

what you don't know, is wearing your underwear outside your pants is a sign of respect around here. So the joke is on you.

I just thought you really like A Clockwork Orange.

link   

How are they outraged?

In the way that they write articles complaining about the jokes because they pick on trump.

It reads like he is reporting on the general tedium of events like these.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You’re really coming here, to ATS, to complain about Trumpers being thinned skinned?

That’s pretty much the M.O. for the site.

Oh please!

Lets not act like many of you anti trumpers arent special little snowflakes as well.

I just like calling out all sides of the outrage culture, maybe its something you should try.

Maybe I’m wrong but this is the first time I’ve seen you call out Trump supporters for being snowflakes.

Usually your threads are about the bombshell reports that should have half of the citizenry locked up for conspiring not to elect the great orange one.

Though I agree it is a nice change of pace seeing you call out right wing idiocy.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

How are they outraged?

But to single out this tedium when I guy tells 15 seconds of trump jokes out of around a half hour of material?

It comes off as disingenuous and searching for something to complain about.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

But to single out this tedium when I guy tells 15 seconds of trump jokes out of around a half hour of material?

It's part of the Nancy-fication of America. Everyone is always offended now, even the ones telling you not to be offended because 'free speech'.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You’re really coming here, to ATS, to complain about Trumpers being thinned skinned?

That’s pretty much the M.O. for the site.

Oh please!

Lets not act like many of you anti trumpers arent special little snowflakes as well.

I just like calling out all sides of the outrage culture, maybe its something you should try.

Maybe I’m wrong but this is the first time I’ve seen you call out Trump supporters for being snowflakes.

Usually your threads are about the bombshell reports that should have half of the citizenry locked up for conspiring not to elect the great orange one.

Though I agree it is a nice change of pace seeing you call out right wing idiocy.

Well I never suggest locking anyone up for not voting for trump, and I routinely call out trump and his supporters, espceilly when they get outraged over comedians like kathy griffin or michele wolfe, etc.

Of course, as someone who works at a marijuana facility, I am not surprised you are a little confused.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

how can anyone be offended for someone who participated in this on comedy central?

Real estate mogul, "The Apprentice" host and helmet-hair aficionado Donald Trump gets roasted by Seth MacFarlane, Snoop Dogg, Lisa Lampanelli, The Situation and more.

www.cc.com...

That was one of the best Roasts ever.

link   

Its pretty easy to trigger people these days. All you have to do is poke a little fun, mock, critique, or outright attack their idols...cult of personality is a particularly nasty phenomena.

Bill Hicks = Alex Jones

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

How are they outraged?

It comes off as disingenuous and searching for something to complain about.

There is a certain market for sjw bashing, that’s for sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join