It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of fake outrage over trump jokes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

To kick off its conspicuously big star-lacking Video Music Awards event Monday night, MTV invited on comedian Kevin Hart who followed the Trump-era comedian script to a tee by immediately slamming President Trump.

Joined by his co-comedian Tiffany Haddish, Hart quickly worked in some tired Trump-bashing into his introductory remarks, as noted by Mediaite.

"You never know what's going to happen at the VMAs," said a noticeably nervous Hart. "Beefs pop off, bad language, people run to the bathroom and send out crazy tweets. It’s basically like a typical day in the White House."

To make sure that his audience didn't miss that he was ripping the president, Hart yelled, "In your face, Trump! Suck it!"

That wasn't the only jab the comedian took at Trump. He also worked in a racially charged one about the national anthem protests.

Saying he's approaching the event like it's "game day," Hart told the audience that they could feel free to kneel tonight because "there’s no old white man that can stop you."

www.dailywire.com...

Ok so time to anger some trump fans.

I am so tired of the fake outrage over mean things said about trump, particularly if it is comedy.

Look, I also am bored with the fact that almost aall of our culture, including media and comedy, is dominated totally by left leaning anti trump people.

However, I have seen several conservative leaning articles like this one bashing Kevin Hart for mocking trump, and it comes off as VERY thin skinned.

I watched the clip, but admittedly not the whole VMA.

My guess is that as the host, Hart spoike all night. And out of that, he had , what 15 seconds of two trump jokes?

And neither of them are that edgy or offensive.

His first joke he merely says that the VMA's can be volatile, like the white house. Thats kind of funny, and certainly its true trumps white house has been volatile. Not really a mean or bad spirited joke at all.

His second joke he said people can kneel, and no old white man will tell them not to. Again, not too edgy at all too me, and kind of funny.

Now look, had Hart went on every other joke about Trump, or had he not been telling jokes at all and just saying f trump or something, I would get the anger at him.

But come on!!!

This was mild, relatively funny, and very short. Its time to stop scanning the world for outrage.

I thought that was something trump supporters said of the SJW types; so why do some of them act in the same way?
edit on 21-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thin skins abound. People just need to be pissed at something or someone. I can't grasp why people spend so much energy on anger over something that really doesn't affect them. Then again I have a thick skin.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

To kick off its conspicuously big star-lacking Video Music Awards event Monday night, MTV invited on comedian Kevin Hart who followed the Trump-era comedian script to a tee by immediately slamming President Trump.

Joined by his co-comedian Tiffany Haddish, Hart quickly worked in some tired Trump-bashing into his introductory remarks, as noted by Mediaite.

"You never know what's going to happen at the VMAs," said a noticeably nervous Hart. "Beefs pop off, bad language, people run to the bathroom and send out crazy tweets. It’s basically like a typical day in the White House."

To make sure that his audience didn't miss that he was ripping the president, Hart yelled, "In your face, Trump! Suck it!"

That wasn't the only jab the comedian took at Trump. He also worked in a racially charged one about the national anthem protests.

Saying he's approaching the event like it's "game day," Hart told the audience that they could feel free to kneel tonight because "there’s no old white man that can stop you."

www.dailywire.com...

I am so tired of the fake outrage over mean things said about trump, particularly if it is comedy.

Look, I also am bored with the fact that almost aall of our culture, including media and comedy, is dominated totally by left leaning anti trump people.

However, I have seen several conservative leaning articles like this one bashing Kevin Hart for mocking trump, and it comes off as VERY thin skinned.

My guess is that as the host, Hart spoike all night. And out of that, he had , what 15 seconds of two trump jokes?

His first joke he merely says that the VMA's can be volatile, like the white house. Thats kind of funny, and certainly its true trumps white house has been volatile. Not really a mean or bad spirited joke at all.

His second joke he said people can kneel, and no old white man will tell them not to. Again, not too edgy at all too me, and kind of funny.

Now look, had Hart went on every other joke about Trump, or had he not been telling jokes at all and just saying f trump or something, I would get the anger at him.

But come on!!!

This was mild, relatively funny, and very short. Its time to stop scanning the world for outrage.

I thought that was something trump supporters said of the SJW types; so why do some of them act in the same way?

For me it is more like the broken record thing. Jokes and anti Trump rhetoric from celebrities just show they have nothing else and do it for the bandwagon.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
People can't laugh at themselves, they should spend more time looking in the mirror, it might help.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Really, I think that the outrage is more about the double standard than the jokes themselves. For 8 years under Pres Obama, if any one made a joke about him, they were called racists and other mean spirited names. He was not to be made fun of. Now, under Pres Trump, no one will say one good word about him. This double standard is what got our current Pres elected, and will get him re elected.

ETA: It reminds me of this...last April, on NPR, they talked about "MR. Trump undoing President Obama's executive orders." It pissed me off, Mr. Trump was sworn in and President by then...it is a lack of respect for our country and the president. It just shows the agenda.
edit on 21-8-2018 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I always like it when someone can joke about our POTUS. I may get some flack for this but bigO took them pretty well and did Bush jr. If people get upset over these types of jokes than maybe we can call them.......snowflakes?!?!?!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
He was not to be made fun of.

Right.

People made fun of Dear Leader and people can make fun of Cheetolini.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Saturday Night live usually has someone to make fun of the president. It's kind of the norm for comedians to rip on the president, something that is trendy and a lot of people keep up with.

I will say lately you can tell it comes from a place of real anger with many comedians, so the humor isn't up to par with when they were ripping on Bill Clinton and GWB (IMO).... Though Obama didn't get made fun of as much though, or I don't remember it because it wasn't as funny.
edit on 21-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

www.dailywire.com...

Look, I also am bored with the fact that almost all of our culture, including media and comedy, is dominated totally by left leaning anti trump people.

My guess is that as the host, Hart spoke all night. And out of that, he had , what 15 seconds of two trump jokes?

But come on!!!

For me it is more like the broken record thing. Jokes and anti Trump rhetoric from celebrities just show they have nothing else and do it for the bandwagon.

Yes that would be where I would look as well.

I basically want one thing out of comedy; for it to be funny.

I dont care if its offensive. Its nice if it teaches you something, but thats just secondary.

I do get tired of acts where every joke is about trump.

But this was certainly not that. It was 2 very fast jokes, thats it.

And just like anti trump people can go over board and make every joke about trump and its annoying, i feel trump fans can go to the opposite extreme, and demand any joke about trump, no matter how small, is reason to complain.

In addition, I think if you look at Kevin Harts work, he is very very non political. So why crap on him?

In fact, I took his joke as almost a tongue in cheek soft ball to the clearly anti trump crowd, almost mocking them.

I used to do stand up (never paid, I sucked it was just at open mics) and if I was struggling, I would go with the "How about the steelers! Man Cleveland fans stink! Their river caught on fire once!"

And this would get chuckles. This was sort of my inner joke saying boy thios crowd is lame, they just want soft ball jokes.

I cant prove that was what Hart was doing, but I got that vibe.

Regardless, I like Hart, I think his bit about trump deserves NO criticism for attacking trump, and I am tired of people on all sides feigning outrage.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   
You’re really coming here, to ATS, to complain about Trumpers being thinned skinned?

That’s pretty much the M.O. for the site.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People can't laugh at themselves, they should spend more time looking in the mirror, it might help.

I spend 30% of my time laughing with myself, and 65% laughing at myself.

The other 5% I spend crying in the fetal position in the shower.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

how can anyone be offended for someone who participated in this on comedy central?

Real estate mogul, "The Apprentice" host and helmet-hair aficionado Donald Trump gets roasted by Seth MacFarlane, Snoop Dogg, Lisa Lampanelli, The Situation and more.

www.cc.com...

link   

who is angry about this? I didn't watch it, so not angry at all. Or does the news article include me by proxy?

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I will say lately you can tell it comes from a place of real anger with many comedians, so the humor isn't up to par with when they were ripping on Bill Clinton...

The Clinton years were comedy gold on late night TV.
I have to agree with your sentiment that there's a meanness in a lot of comedy today though. I blame people. If it didn't sell it would die. It's what the people want.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The other 5% I spend crying in the fetal position in the shower.

We all have had our Crying Game moments. Mine were all alcohol related.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You’re really coming here, to ATS, to complain about Trumpers being thinned skinned?

That’s pretty much the M.O. for the site.

Oh please!

Lets not act like many of you anti trumpers arent special little snowflakes as well.

I just like calling out all sides of the outrage culture, maybe its something you should try.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

who is angry about this? I didn't watch it, so not angry at all. Or does the news article include me by proxy?

Well no, it doesnt include anyone who is not angry.

I have seen several conservative articles like the one I linked form the daily wire complainging about this, and I was commenting on that.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People made fun of Dear Leader and people can make fun of Cheetolini.

is that some thinly veiled jab at our President's orange hue? If so, that offends me. He's just really peachy, not orange.
edit on 21-8-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

link   

How are they outraged?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
is that some thinly veiled jab at our President's orange hue? If so, that offends me. He's just really peachy, not orange.

Thinly veiled? It was pretty overt. I'm not good with the whole subtly thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join