It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest statue of supremacy: language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I laugh at the people who defend the vandals who tore down the statue in North Carolina. I shouldn't say I laugh at the people, but what they say. More to the point how they say it....in ENGLISH. I am not talking words, but the whole language.

Your language that you speak, is the ultimate statue of supremacy.

It doesn't matter if you are in north or south america . If you don't speak your indigenous language, you are a statue of supremacy. It does not matter if the language is English, Spanish, or even French.

Heck, if you want to say English is just showing Germanic supremacy and Spanish and French are just showing Roman/Romance supremacy. That's fine, I would say taking it back to a proto-Indo-european langue(PIE), would be pushing it, because I would say that's more isolation over supremacy.

The overall point is: History is just that history, its something to learn from. To learn from it, it has to survive.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Well, I guess the left hates history and the right hates science.

That's why I'm an independent.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How do you say "What" in Ojibwa?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Wegonen.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

what?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
What the....... I read it a couple of times and come to the conclusion "what a load of cobblers".
Language has no inferior or supremacy. All language is the means by vocalisation to convey your means to another who understands the noise. Language is amorphous, it is on going. Some languages fall by the wayside others don't.
To look at the root of any language is a lesson in total futility as it proves nothing. Except for certain fundamentalists who use these roots to justify their stance in the modern world when all they are doing is perpetuating a dying language.

new topics

top topics

join