It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Hacking Targeted Republican Groups, Microsoft Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DJW001

Because... It's the only defense here. A shot at Russia they see as also a shot at trump. I mean why else are they defending Russia so vehemently?
Except nobody is defending Russia, you got a check engine light on in your head if that's the case, but once again, it's you and you misconstrue so much stuff, you gotta be called out now.

Like a little tot, No No No ☝️☝️

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Wake me up when the ELECTORAL COLLEGE gets hacked.

Gonna have a long slumber.

Keep deflecting, Neo.

You are doing exactly what I said, and you are doing it well.
Deflecting? Isn't this about Hacking? Lmfao 🙄

He said call him when the electoral is hacked, if anything sounds like check mate an you respond with, "deflection"? Lol

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

. No-one is suggesting that Russia rigged the vote by hacking into voting machines. That is what President Obama was saying. The Russians want some folks to believe it is possible so they can challenge the legitimacy of the party in power.

That's not any different than Democrats wanting some folks to believe that Russian influence put Trump into power so that every Democrat will challenge the legitimacy of Trump's presidency. They/you are playing the same game.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Deflecting? Isn't this about Hacking? Lmfao 🙄

Yes, and he is talking about rigged primaries, etc.

That is called deflection.

He said call him when the electoral is hacked, if anything sounds like check mate an you respond with, "deflection"? Lol

True. An absurd request, as hacking the electoral is not really possible.

The electoral count is calculated from the votes in each state. You can, theoretically, hack the voter systems, but you cannot hack the electoral college.

Not sure how that sounds like a "check mate", but you stick with that.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Kandinsky

So let's talk directly about the evidence that Russian actors are seeking to disrupt people on both sides of the political divide.

what punishments do you think we should levy on Russia for this? And more importantly, should we be willing to accept those same punishments if we are caught doing something similar?

Continue the sanctions and sell Germany cheaper LNG than Russia can supply. Any country that wants to sanction American interests is free to do so. (But who wants to give up Marvel superhero movies?)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wow. Could you help get back on track by addressing the issue of Russia hacking conservative think tanks?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

and, just how many of those countries we do it to sit back and do nothing but watch it happen till the US has their puppets in place? you don't think that if russia saw us doing the same thing to them, they wouldn't investigate it, wouldn't try to find out who in their country were bought out by the US, wouldn't try to come up with a way to secure their computer systems?

I'm sorry, but the old republican party would be the first ones wanting to investigate just what russia was doing and trying to find a way to prevent it. not stripping our highest ranking members in the intelligence community of their security clearance effective neutering them so they can share the knowledge they've accumulated through their years with those doing the investigations. the only ones who would have so much of a problem with supporting such an investigation would be those that are either bought off or blackmailed by the attacking country and those who are afraid that if they do speak out in support they will become targets themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

LOL! The original post was never on the level, it was on the downhill slide from the beginning....

“To be clear, we currently have no evidence these domains were used in any successful attacks before the DCU transferred control of them, nor do we have evidence to indicate the identity of the ultimate targets of any planned attack involving these domains,” Microsoft said on the blog.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Wow. Could you help get back on track by addressing the issue of Russia hacking conservative think tanks?

I'm not surprised. We've been told that they're going after any, and everybody. I doubt they'll stop as long as people on both sides of the isle fuel the flames with either using it as political leverage, denying it happens, or just arguing about it in general.

Russia is able to get at us because we are weak, the last election is evidence of that. Until we stop being so fickle and petty, I doubt they have any intentions of stopping these tactics that are working so well.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You lost me at "Russian money laundered through the NRA"

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The whole article is a pitch for Microsoft's plans for a safer election process.

It's pointless.

It is an advertisement.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

The Democrats "rigging" their own party processes has nothing to do with this.

First, there's no point in putting "rigging" in quotation marks as if it didn't happen--everyone knows that it did.

Second, it has a lot to do with this is you are willing to/capable of look at the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

a reply to: neo96

The Democrats "rigging" their own party processes has nothing to do with this.

First, there's no point in putting "rigging" in quotation marks as if it didn't happen--everyone knows that it did.

Second, it has a lot to do with this is you are willing to/capable of look at the bigger picture.

Please explain how the democrats rigging the election has anything to do with Russia's efforts.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

as far as the dems "rigging" their own primary...
by what I read, they didn't break any of their party's rules, which means if you are so concerned with it, then maybe you should be asking the federal gov't to get a little more involved in how the parties run their primaries, I don't know. I really don't see much of a comparison between the rigging of their primary which to me is an internal issue to be solved within their party, unless of course you want the federal gov't sticking their noses into how both parties run their primaries.. and the russian interference, where an outside force (as in another country, which I am sure does not have our primary interest on it's top ten lists of important issues) is hacking and manipulating things for reason I am not sure we even understand yet!

I see the dem thing as being relatively minor really, and issue that should be resolved within the party itself. and well, regardless of weather they solve it or not, I will still be voting for whoever I think is the candidate that will do the most good in the main election.. unless of course I see both as horrible, then I just might decide it's third party, mickey mouse write in time.
the russian issue though is a national security issue and dang sure should be taken seriously though!!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
From the OP source:

Microsoft says it is expanding its effort to help political candidates counter foreign influence. It is starting an initiative it calls “AccountGuard” to bolster protections to candidates and campaign offices at the federal, state and local level, as well as think tanks and political organizations.

With the midterms less than three months away, Microsoft said greater cooperation was needed between tech companies and the federal government over efforts to interfere in the American elections.

“Over the last year, the larger tech companies, in particular, have put into place stronger information-sharing practices where we have seen these threats emerge,” Mr. Smith said. “Those agreements, however, are informal.”

It's hand picked data to support a new marketing scheme.

Sure got you guys riled up though.
edit on R492018-08-21T09:49:36-05:00k498Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
From the OP source:

Microsoft says it is expanding its effort to help political candidates counter foreign influence. It is starting an initiative it calls “AccountGuard” to bolster protections to candidates and campaign offices at the federal, state and local level, as well as think tanks and political organizations.

With the midterms less than three months away, Microsoft said greater cooperation was needed between tech companies and the federal government over efforts to interfere in the American elections.

“Over the last year, the larger tech companies, in particular, have put into place stronger information-sharing practices where we have seen these threats emerge,” Mr. Smith said. “Those agreements, however, are informal.”

It's hand picked data to support a new marketing scheme.

Sure got you guys riled up though.

It's a bit more than just that. The OP's source also includes opinion that what Microsoft is doing is not going to be very effective.

“Microsoft is playing whack-a-mole here,” Mr. Rid said. “These sites are easy to register and bring back up, and so they will keep doing so.”

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I truly believe this has been happening for many years. How else would a blithering idiot like Bush get elected? Or a no-name Chicago community organizer with ties to extremist get elected? Honestly, i think the last 6 presidents should be investigated for collusion. Especially the one who's been caught colluding on open mic (obama).

Im sure the American people were not dumb enough to elect most of these idiots.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Kandinsky

A lot of people have been saying this for a long time. Unfortunately 'the Left' have exploited it to undermine Trump and his supporters. Instead of sticking to the concept that Russia is self-interested, they used it as a spiked bat to blame 'the Right' and chastise or ridicule the 'Right.'

The fact of the matter is that the president denies it is happening. His failure to direct the Executive Branch to do everything in its power to stop it is telling. Rather than listen to his career intelligence officers, he mocks and abuses them. In essence, his failure to act is giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

You're a liar that accuse him of lying, which turns you also on a hypocrite.

He already admitted hundred of times that Russia tried to meddle the election.

Also, the hacking started under Obama watch and he ordered to stand down...

What's your opinion on that?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I've been seeing this on MSNBC and CNN but they never once mentioned it was Republicans being hacked. Based on what I watched I would have guessed Democrats were targeted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join