It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Hacking Targeted Republican Groups, Microsoft Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Wake me up when the ELECTORAL COLLEGE gets hacked.

Gonna have a long slumber.

Desperate whataboutism. Trump won Electoral College votes in areas that were susceptible to anti-Hillary propaganda.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So....they specifically reference people clicking through "Hudson Institute and the International Republican Institute" pages that are being targeted?

I cant say I have ever been to either and I cant imagine those websites are beacons for throngs of online searches.

You are not who they are targeting. They are targeting conservative intellectuals, academics, and policy makers.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

When you don't have a case, use a meme. No-one is suggesting that Russia rigged the vote by hacking into voting machines. That is what President Obama was saying. The Russians want some folks to believe it is possible so they can challenge the legitimacy of the party in power. It is all about creating internal conflict at every level of American polity.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

According to Bill Binney...

Binney, the NSA's former top codebreaker who resigned in protest after 9/11 when the decision was made to use systems he created to spy on the American public in general

"In other words, it means, the Russian GRU is hacking everybody to get information," he said. "But that's what we are doing too! So he's charging them for hacking, which means we should expect our spies to all be charged with similar crimes by all the other countries in the world because we do more spying and hacking than anybody!"

www.realclearpolitics.com...

A never ending saga.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nah it was the spirit of Seth Rich.
Russian didn't do it. How could it be Russia again when they didn't do it in the first place. Never mind the indictments and guilty please it was NOT RUSSIA IT WAS SETH RICH. ! ! ! !
So it can't be Russia now since they are innocent lambs who are being railroaded by the failing New York Times, the thirteen angry democrats, Robert Mueller and the WITCH HUNT RIGGED Russia probe.

Oh and James Comey.

Oh and let me add Hillary for another star. Lol

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Democrat and Republican are not American Institutions.

Independent, ie; not government sponsored, political parties is an American institution, and at the core of liberal democracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

...and irrelevant. "Whataboutism" seems to be the only defense here.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Start a thread. That's not the subject of this one.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Precisely, there is no denying that Russia has been taking information and stirring up conflict via cyber means. Their goal per many top level US officials is to sow discord within citizens.

Yep. Precisely what we were doing when Hillary Clinton admitted to using Facebook to encourage protests in Syria to oust Assad while she was Secretary of State. Protests that ended up leading to a civil war that's been going on for how long now? At least 8 years?

Once again, I'll remind everyone that this will never end, and partly because our own government refuses to do so.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It's not about "whataboutism". It's about using your common sense to know that as long as we're doing it, others aren't going to stop doing it to us! Basically, your whole thread is irrelevant because neither side wants it to end.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

They didn't rig the primaries so you have no point.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

It's not about "whataboutism". It's about using your common sense to know that as long as we're doing it, others aren't going to stop doing it to us! Basically, your whole thread is irrelevant because neither side wants it to end.

This.

Post like these are what makes ats palatable, all the leftist do is still scream Russia until a user comes along and smacks some sense into them.

Nice job and sick burn, off to another thread 😏

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Close to the end of OP source, the real reason for Microsoft continuing the rhetoric is revealed:

Microsoft says it is expanding its effort to help political candidates counter foreign influence. It is starting an initiative it calls “AccountGuard” to bolster protections to candidates and campaign offices at the federal, state and local level, as well as think tanks and political organizations.

So yay....let's give Microsoft the keys to all of our politicians! What could go wrong?

link   

DJ, I think you're falling into the same hole. You addressed my broad point with a criticism of Trump. The left-leaning media politicised what is really a national security issue by making it partisan. By seeking to blame the Russians for Trump's election they shifted the focus into partisanship. It wasn't done in America's interest, it was done to elevate the Dems above the GOP and raise the spectre of impeachment.

In my opinion, it's part of the reason why very few people are able to discuss this topic without scoring partisan points. You yourself just did it which shows that people on either side can fall into partisan mode rather than the bigger picture.

It's better if you steer this thread in the direction of Russian interference rather than Left/Right. I get that it's a passionate thing and politics are intertwined. Rise above it.

So let's talk directly about the evidence that Russian actors are seeking to disrupt people on both sides of the political divide.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They didn't rig the primaries so you have no point.
They rigged their own...but lets be real, this is YOU, you don't care 😌

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Start a thread. That's not the subject of this one.
Naw, if you can't handle his rebuttals, don't engage, you'll simply get mopped.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

When you don't have a case, use a meme. No-one is suggesting that Russia rigged the vote by hacking into voting machines. That is what President Obama was saying. The Russians want some folks to believe it is possible so they can challenge the legitimacy of the party in power. It is all about creating internal conflict at every level of American polity.

LOL, now you have to interpret what Obama said? did he mis-speak? did he say something he didn't really mean? What he said was really clear, and needs no help to understand from you or anyone else. And meme or not, he said it, on live TV, and it was recorded for all to see forever.

Now, when do we start carpet bombing Russia?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Because... It's the only defense here. A shot at Russia they see as also a shot at trump. I mean why else are they defending Russia so vehemently?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Wake me up when the ELECTORAL COLLEGE gets hacked.

Gonna have a long slumber.

Keep deflecting, Neo.

You are doing exactly what I said, and you are doing it well.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

So let's talk directly about the evidence that Russian actors are seeking to disrupt people on both sides of the political divide.

what punishments do you think we should levy on Russia for this? And more importantly, should we be willing to accept those same punishments if we are caught doing something similar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join