It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Krazy it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation or debate with neo. That much is clear.

He just wants to prove he is right and his side of the aisle is the best.

And We have members saying they would commit violence on someone if they saw them taking a statue down.

It's funny how those same people talk # about how violent and intolerant the left is yet more than 1 is advocating violence cause, muh history.

It's pure insanity

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No. That is my reason why I don't think our country is a museum, neo. If it were a deflection then I would have been asking you to comment on it as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
All these people bitching about statues and crying about racism that basically all but gone except in pockets....

Yet my people are STILL on reservations. Still in poverty and still suffering

They put us into slavery too, but only after they couldn't exterminate us w bullets or small pox laced blankets

Between virtue signaling whites, and groups like BLM Honestly were tired of hearing you guys bitch.

You don't see us natives crying like effing babies about everything under the sun, and we were treated way worse than the blacks ON OUR OWN LAND.

SO KNOCK IT OFF
edit on 21-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Any faculty member that participated should be fired for participating in an illegal act, and not upholding the values the school claims to support.

The students should be sat down and walked through the proper way to remove the statue.

Anything less that that and the school is validating their lawless actions, and at least gently encouraging further actions like this at other locations.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah. I know. We've done this song and dance many many times. Oh and he admitted as much in the thread earlier.

It's funny how those same people talk # about how violent and intolerant the left is yet more than 1 is advocating violence cause, muh history.

Don't forget them "tsk tsking" out the other side of their mouth about the students breaking the law at the same time.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It is very clear to me that he and others are totally fine with violence, lying, law breaking etc as long as it suits them and falls in line with their ideals.

We see it over and over again and it is disgusting

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm married to a "Yankee"...I am a Texan. He just "doesn't get it" either. The Texas thing NOR the Southern pride thing....he tells me "but you lost! I just smile.....YA'LL just don't get it....bless your heart...it has NOTHING to do with slavery, Darlin'....(at least not the kind YOU'RE referring to)......a reply to: AngryCymraeg

edit on 8/21/2018 by Cornczech because: meh

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's ok....they are just making room for more Satanic Statues.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Then it should be no issue to take them down. The fact that people are bitter about their removal shows that people venerate them.

lol
really
no issue
what is sad is this in no way was an issue until a knee jerk reaction from politicians which has turned into a modern day book burning
isis would be proud

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

so, why don't you enlighten us as to what it is about then?
you can start by explaining to me just why someone in texas would be so concerned about what is or isn't, what might be placed into or what might be taken from a city park in a city in virginia?? I don't see enough cars from texas to give me the impression that you all are making yearly migrations to the city to honor the statue and I am sure yous have plenty of statues honoring the same people plus more in own state, much closer. so just what is it?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm pretty sure this issue dates back to the ongoing controversy surrounding Charleston, SC flying the Confederate flag over their state buildings. It used to be a local political issue, but politics in the recent years decided to make it a national issue. The statue controversy arose from that.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Asktheanimals
call the country a republic, call it a democracy, it really does not matter!

Au contraire! It makes all the difference in the world. Republics guarantee rights that are inviolable - including those of people of color. Their right to speak, to protest, to own firearms to defend their families. Democracy is mob rule subject to whims of the moment. Rights become "privileges" which can be taken away at any time. Worlds of difference between the 2 systems.

PS: I too escaped from NY, home of over-regulation and taxation
edit on 21-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

(post by Arnie123 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Your people are perfectly free to move anywhere they desire. The reservations have a good degree of autonomy that doesn't seem to do much good. I understand the loss of culture and being part of 2 cultures but that isn't unique to native Americans. You can be either or both if you like. Most tribal members qualify for free college but you also have a welfare system that many are content to waste away in. Again, that is a personal choice.

We can keep bitching about history meanwhile not creating a better future.

Regards,
- person of Chickasaw and Mohawk heritage.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
double post
edit on 21-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: SailorJerry

Your people are perfectly free to move anywhere they desire. The reservations have a good degree of autonomy that doesn't seem to do much good. I understand the loss of culture and being part of 2 cultures but that isn't unique to native Americans. You can be either or both if you like. Most tribal members qualify for free college but you also have a welfare system that many are content to waste away in. Again, that is a personal choice.

We can keep bitching about history meanwhile not creating a better future.

Regards,
- person of Chickasaw and Mohawk heritage.

Ya native American like a popular politician huh?

I grew up on the rez before leaving for the navy

You have no idea wtf you're talking about, so don't presume to speak about any of it.

I could give a crap about yiur percieved high horse

The fact of the matter is, native Americans aren't out here crying Like little bchs like so many of the virtue signaling whites and people like BLM

I'm sick and tired of the rampant false narrative and fake outrage they are displaying

Its all bs....

We were most definitely treated worse and still are.... But we live and die by our own means and don't go out and protest or cry about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah.
You're another who is impossible.

Yup. Reading down statues and I do not approve. Multiple people have said they would get violent against another person if they saw it. Stars galore for that.

You guys think you're so #in high and mighty and think you know # cause I'm thread after thread you mention the federalist papers.
Reality is you don't know #.
Reality is it is very clear you lot are col with violence and lies as long as it supports your ideals.

The same exact thing you lampoon the left for.

It's fine.

It's here for all to see.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I don't recall you ever having an intelligent conversation...ever.

What's humorous is to watch someone leave a trail of hypocrisy behind them, yet they are completely oblivious to it's existence.

I can't say that I recall you really having much in the way of intelligence to add to a conversation either. You like to bitch and moan about the Left and make petty, immature pot shots at people, yet you can't seem to engage in the specifics at any depth.

suck it up and man up

I agree. Perhaps you can head your own advice.

Hearing a grown man, which I assume you are grown and, in fact a man, constantly complain about the Left with absolutely no intelligent reason articulated as why to do so reeks of "snowflake".

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

and neither would pertain on the issue of weather a statue sits in a park or not, since there is no constitutional given right that you preferences in such matters have to be the way it is.
we are a democratic republic by the way..
in many ways the majority rules, but if the courts find that the majority's desires would strip away the rights of any individual, then, well the rights are protected.
also, I think it's through the "republic" part that brings in the electoral college and negates the popular vote (majority rule) from deciding who wins the presidency.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have to wonder how many of the people claiming we need these statues celebrating the Confederacy for "historical" reasons would be in support of a heroic monument to Sherman being erected in Atlanta. I mean Sherman's March to the Sea was pretty significant from a historical perspective. So all these history buffs should have no problem celebrating that brutal campaign of raping and pillaging.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join