It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trip was worth every penny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So let me first say that the trip was AMAZING!!! My first day was a little boring till nightfall hit. After that the stars are just such an amazing sight to see! I forgot how amazing that is. Though at around 2A.M. It rained some but I was on a hill and had a tarp over my tent along with my rain guard on the tent. So I sat out and enjoyed the nice cool weather and rain. Day two I was on my way a to the river (Oak creek). I reached it and noticed some Elk playing in the river about a half mile down stream. I also noticed some Coyotes stalking a little one. I decided to follow a bit to watch the cycle of life happen before my eyes. Please don’t give me crap for that BTW.

After about 2 hours of tracking I got to witness something that most don’t get to see in a lifetime. I fealt bad but also excited that I got to witness it! My camera broke early in the hike but my phone was able to get some audio. I will try to upload it but chances are it will sound like water seeing as I fell in some water and broke a finger...... It happens I guess. OH and the ride back I decided to use the maps app and that turned out to be a very bad idea......F>U google maps and leading me to road construction. Never using that again. I prefer just using an actual map.....Fing google

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Where was this?

Are you sure you saw coyotes...and not wolves?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You didn't tell us where you went.

That's kinda relevant

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You made it, glad to hear.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sedona, Arizona

It was a fairly simple trip, and they may have been wolves but they looked kinda small for wolves. Now I didn’t want to get close enough to find out for sure but I am pretty sure Coyotes did it. Either way pretty cool!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

OH and the ride back I decided to use the maps app and that turned out to be a very bad idea......F>U google maps and leading me to road construction. Never using that again. I prefer just using an actual map.....Fing google

Yup. Google Maps likes to be an absolute pr***. See my snarky post about my 'micro Mandela Event'. Damn thing spits out a wrong address- lets us hit 'auto directions', and then proceeds to act like that's where we're supposed to go, and then, after a brilliant hike everywhere, SPITS OUT THE CORRECT ADDRESS. I've seen Google maps do things that has made my head hurt, it's wrecked appointment times, It's spit out the wrong directions- the list goes for a bit.

Until I can find a mapping app that has nothing to do with their data and AI, I will dread using the thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Ya dude just go the old school way and use truckers advice. I often on trips stop at a truck stop to get advice on good routes. This time I didn’t though even though I should’ve.

A bit of advice for anyone that doesn’t know this. If you do decide to stop at a truck stop and you would like advice from someone trucking. Talk to the hazardous waste transportation guys and buy them a burger. They will tell you the best way to bypass all the shenanigans. Works every time
Plus they get a free burger!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
glad you had a good time, but damn, a broken camera? disappointing.
Were the sunsets good?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
glad you had a good time, but damn, a broken camera? disappointing.
Were the sunsets good?

To be honest the Cali fires made the sunsets here outside Vegas very pretty so no not as good. BUT the night sky was breathtaking and something that I will cherish for a lifetime.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

glad you got to see it and come home safe.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yeah, probably coyotes as you initially thought. I don't think the wolves have made it that far south yet. They've spotted a couple here in Colorado though over the past couple years.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, probably coyotes as you initially thought. I don't think the wolves have made it that far south yet. They've spotted a couple here in Colorado though over the past couple years.

The Mexican gray wolf as of last year was at 113 in the state and some people have seen them that far north.

Also we have a Wolf Week in Sedona April 17th to the 21st.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I am pretty sure a some wolves were hanging around on night 2 but it was dark. And also please tell me more of this wolf week! Sounds fun

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Really??? Wow, I didn't know that!

Interesting!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Arizona native here! Sedona is still my second favorite place on Earth, Santorini island being the first.

Glad you caught up with some of the local wildlife. It's always cool to be walkin' round in the desert, mountains or forest and see something. I've been fortunate to have seen many critters in AZ.

Post pics!

new topics

top topics

join