It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media goes nuts over ICE arrest of pregnant husband, find out he was wanted by mexico for murder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Without even waiting for ICE's repsonse, these politicians and media people knew ICE was evil and just did this for no reason.

Actually, the problem was ICE didn't mention anything about murder in their initial statement.

www.cbsnews.com...

On Friday, ICE issued a statement saying Arrona-Lara was arrested for "illegally residing in the United States" by the agency's "Fugitive Operations Team" and was awaiting removal.

It was only the following day that they released that information.

On Saturday, ICE said Arrona-Lara had, in fact, been targeted because he is wanted on an outstanding homicide warrant in Mexico, a detail that was not included in the original statement.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I knew my chances of being right were literally 1 in 7 billion, but damned if you don’t sound just like him. You do know that American soldiers on American bases are not illegal immigrants, right?

edit on 21-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Libs stepping all over their own dicks at every opportunity.

Doesnt that start to hurt after a while?

Inevitable while desperartely scrambling to keep feet under you i guess.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor

originally posted by: Grambler
Without even waiting for ICE's repsonse, these politicians and media people knew ICE was evil and just did this for no reason.

Actually, the problem was ICE didn't mention anything about murder in their initial statement.

www.cbsnews.com...

On Friday, ICE issued a statement saying Arrona-Lara was arrested for "illegally residing in the United States" by the agency's "Fugitive Operations Team" and was awaiting removal.

It was only the following day that they released that information.

On Saturday, ICE said Arrona-Lara had, in fact, been targeted because he is wanted on an outstanding homicide warrant in Mexico, a detail that was not included in the original statement.

Playing Devil's advocate for a moment, I wonder if that had anything to do with extradition laws and jurisdiction over the arrest for murder...

That is, he wasn't wanted for murder by any jurisdiction in the U.S., so no police in the U.S. could arrest him for murder. However, U.S. authorities could make an original arrest on the charge of illegal immigration knowing full well that he could then be extradited on the murder charge.

I'm not a legal expert (the devil doesn't care who advocates for him
), so I don't know if that's true or not. I'm just wondering if that (or something similar) was at play here.

edit on 21/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: Grambler

Libs stepping all over their own dicks at every opportunity.

Doesnt that start to hurt after a while?

Inevitable while desperartely scrambling to keep feet under you i guess.

I disagree that would imply you have a dick near long enough to step on.
edit on 21-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I said it 20 years ago, and still saying it today.

Most people that illegally cross borders do so because their domestic law enforcement agencies are looking for them.

Why do Americans illegally cross into Mexico or Canada? Because they recently killed someone, robbed a bank, are trafficking slaves/illicit materials, or whatever crime.

If their intent is innocuous, Americans enter Canada or Mexico at a border post or through airport customs.

In the above statement, you can substitute American for Mexican or Chinese or whatever nationality you want. It's not racist to point out that those who enter a nation under concealment or cloak are most likely doing so because if they tried to enter legally they would be "caught" as their warrants for arreat would be discovered - so they sneak their way in...

If you don't agree with that, it's you that's a nationalist or racist. It's you that thinks humans of other cultures are somehow not the same as Americans.

Ask any of the thumpers on the left why an American citizen would sneak into Mexico bypassing Mexican customs and immigration. Then ask them why they think Mexican criminals are any different than American criminals.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

Most people that illegally cross borders do so because their domestic law enforcement agencies are looking for them.

I don't know. I bet most Mexicans illegally cross the border looking for work in the U.S., not because Mexican authorities are looking for them. Others (say Libyans illegally entering France) do so often to escpase poor living condidtions in their home country.

Not that any of that shoudl be legal, but I'm just saying I don't think it's true that they are criminals fleeing authorities.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I don't know. I bet most Mexicans illegally cross the border looking for work in the U.S., not because Mexican authorities are looking for them. Others (say Libyans illegally entering France) do so often to escpase poor living condidtions in their home country.

Not that any of that shoudl be legal, but I'm just saying I don't think it's true that they are criminals fleeing authorities.

So most Americans that illegally cross into Canada do so because they are looking for work?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If i were looking for gainful employment in Canada I'd want to make sure I didn't have a ceiling/on my employment, so I'd make sure I got a Canadian foreign worker permit/green card.

Now, if I had outstanding debts or warrants in the US I was trying to escape, but still wanted to make a meager living wage off the books, I would sneak into Canada because Canadian customs would hand my information back to the US regarding any debts, or if a a warrant was out for me they would simply extradite me back to an American jail.

That criminal thinking,really it's just simple logic, is unversal to all humans regardless of race, creed, or nationality.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So most Americans that illegally cross into Canada do so because they are looking for work?

No, but your comment seemed more general than just the specific case of why American's might illegally enter Canada.

You said:

And I answered why I think that is not true for "Most People" (most illegal immigrants).

I'm thinking that in general, most illegal immigarnts are leaving their home country NOT because they are actively wanted for illegal activity, but instead for other reasons.

Most Americans fleeing to Canada or Mexico? Sure.

But most Mexicans illegally entering the U.S. or most Africans or south Asians illegally entering Europe? No.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No, but your comment seemed more general than just the specific case of why American's might illegally enter Canada.

You said:

And I answered why I think that is not true for "Most People" (most illegal immigrants).

I'm thinking that in general, most illegal immigarnts are leaving their home country NOT because they are actively wanted for illegal activity.

Most Mexicans illegally entering the U.S. or most Africans or south Asians illegally entering Europe? No.

So in your view Africans and Mexicans are a more righteous people than Americans as it's your view that most Americans that dodge border laws are mostly criminals, but Africans and Mexicans dodging border laws are mostly just doing so for a job.

That seems to be a racist/nationalist position. Why are Mexicans and Africans any different than Americans or Europeans? Are we not all influenced by the same human desires, instincts, and nature?

Is crime and corruption that much less rampant in Mexico or African nations than it is in the US or European nations to come to the determination that by and large it's not criminal elements coming from thos nations crossing borders illegally?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You said:

I'm thinking that in general, most illegal immigarnts are leaving their home country NOT because they are actively wanted for illegal activity.

Most Mexicans illegally entering the U.S. or most Africans or south Asians illegally entering Europe? No.

That seems to be a racist/nationalist position. Why are Mexicans and Africans any different than Americans or Europeans? Are we not all influenced by the same human desires, instincts, and nature?

I’m about to drop the ugly, offensive truth on y’all. Consequences be damned. Progressives are inherently more racist than any other group. You only have to watch one episode of the young Turks to see this. They project their racist views on the rest of us in the form of virtue signaling to try and fool the lazy brained. And it kills me to say this but blacks( for the most part) are inherently more prejudice than any other group today. Even amongst themselves. The darker the skin the more discriminated they are(amongst themselves). I had to learn that the hard way. In my life have had two BEAUTIFUL dark skin women. They were angry at the world because they grew up thinking they were ugly because the men( for the most part) prefer the lighter skinned women. Whenever we broke up my black coworkers told me “next time you date a black woman date a light skinned one. The dark ones are crazy.” And because they are prejudice against each other they think the rest of us must be too.
Same with progressives. Because they are secretly racist, they assume the rest of us are too.
Truth is the rest of us are too busy working and kicking ass in the real world to stop and wonder about such nonsense. And they call that white priveledge.
Now flame away. But that is the sad, hurtful, gospel truth. I know it and they know it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So in your view Africans and Mexicans are a more righteous people than Americans as it's your view that most Americans that dodge border laws are mostly criminals, but Africans and Mexicans dodging border laws are mostly just doing so for a job.

No -- African and Mexicans are not necessarily more righteous than Americans.

However, Americans ARE less likely to illegally enter another country looking for a job (such as why most Mexicans illegally enter the U.S.) or because they are fleeing poor living condidtions and persecution (which is why many of the illegal immigrants are entering Europe). Jobs are (generally) more plentiful in the U.S. than they are in Canada or Mexico, and the living conditions in the U.S. are generally better than in Mexico, and at least generally equal to Canada.

So while the "righteousness" of the people in the U.S. compared to Mexicans or Africans is not necessarily any different, the reasons for Americans illegally entering those countries (i.e., the types of those Americans who would need to do so) might be different.

Again, this is based on your assertion that Americans who illegally cross the border are doing so because they commited a crime, as in your quote here:

Why do Americans illegally cross into Mexico or Canada? Because they recently killed someone, robbed a bank, are trafficking slaves/illicit materials, or whatever crime.

Are there Mexicans who enter the U.S. illegally fleeing the Mexican authorities because they committed a crime? Sure, but I bet the percentage of those Mexicans who are doing that is small compared to the number of Mexicans doing so who are looking for a job (and are not being pursued by the Mexican law).

On the other hand, I agree with you that the larger percentage of Americans who illegally enter another country ARE likely to be running from the law than they are doing so because they are looking for a job in Mexico or Canada.

And I'm talking percentages -- not the actual number of each. There is far greater volume of illegal Mexicans entering the U.S., so there would potentially be a larger actual number of Mexican illegals by volume who are wanted criminals, even if the percentage of American illegals who are criminals -vs- American illegals looking for a job might be higher.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

I knew my chances of being right were literally 1 in 7 billion, but damned if you don’t sound just like him. You do know that American soldiers on American bases are not illegal immigrants, right?

It was hyperbole on my account but many are illegal as defined in international law (The Hague Conference, 1907), having been established through belligerent military occupation.

List of military occupations From Wikipedia

edit on 21/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No -- African and Mexicans are not necessarily more righteous than Americans.

However, Americans ARE less likely to illegally enter another country looking for a job (such as why most Mexicans illegally enter the U.S.) or because they are fleeing poor living condidtions and persecution (which is why many of the illegal immigrants are entering Europe). Jobs are (generally) more plentiful in the U.S. than they are in Canada or Mexico, and the living conditions in the U.S. are generally better than in Mexico, and at least generally equal to Canada.

So while the "righteousness" of the people in the U.S. compared to Mexicans or Africans is not necessarily any different, the reasons for Americans illegally entering those countries (i.e., the types of those Americans who would need to do so) might be different.

Again, this is based on your assertion that Americans who illegally cross the border are doing so because they commited a crime, as in your quote here:

Are there Mexicans who enter the U.S. illegally fleeing the Mexican authorities because they committed a crime? Sure, but I bet the percentage of those Mexicans who are doing that is small compared to the number of Mexicans doing so who are looking for a job (and are not being pursued by the Mexican law).

On the other hand, I agree with you that the larger percentage of Americans who illegally enter another country ARE likely to be running from the law than they are doing so because they are looking for a job in Mexico or Canada.

And I'm talking percentages -- not the actual number of each. There is far greater volume of illegal Mexicans entering the U.S., so there would potentially be a larger actual number of Mexican illegals by volume who are wanted criminals, even if the percentage of American illegals who are criminals -vs- American illegals looking for a job might be higher.

I would say that the vast amount of people entering a nation legally are looking for a job.

I would also say that the vast amount of illegal border crossings have at it's roots a motivation of some sort of illegality outside of border law violations.

Of the thousands of illegal crossings that occured in just the past 24 hours in the US, I would say hundreds of those crossings were people looking for an honest job/innocent nature, while the rest of of thousands of crossings in the past 24 hours were smuggling some kind of dope, people, or stolen product.
edit on 21-8-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

It was hyperbole on my account but many are illegal as defined in international law (The Hague Conference, 1907), having been established through belligerent military occupation.

List of military occupations From Wikipedia

You call it hyperbole, I call it a straw man. But thank you for teaching me something new. I’m sincere not sarcastic

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sometimes all 'them' new titles do cause headaches....

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The medias agenda is so transparent it is painful.

The only thing MORE painful, is how well it WORKS....and how many fall for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Nice post OP. A lot of good info.

But you forgot about something: They left a pregnant woman about to give birth to fend for herself...
The lack of human decency here is disgusting. I think this is why there was outrage from the media.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2018 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Jimmy Dore is correct, Trump has stolen everyones critical thinking skills on both the left and right.

Well not really both sides or even all sides because many of us are the real people in the middle just trying to get the corrupt politicians out of there or better yet in prison if they are guilty. Many of us we feel they are very guilty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join