It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media goes nuts over ICE arrest of pregnant husband, find out he was wanted by mexico for murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lastly, seeing as how I am genuinely concerned with the rapes and abiuse of so many illegals trying to get here, as I no doubt assume you are, then why do we have policies that encourage this trip?

Why do we send messages that if you just get here, there is a good chance you will be able to stay.

We are incentivizing these women to risk rape.

Now you might say, but thats better than forcing them to stay in their countries.

But again, its not the US job to look out for people in other countries. And again, we would not be able to help all of the oppressed; we would merely make the US unsustainable, and provide the total erosion of the middle class, where almost everyone would have to fight for limited resources, and the extreme rich would have limitless cheap labor and could easily relocate if things got bad enough.

So we either allow all oppressed in, knowing that eventually there will be no resources for them here, and they will be abused in horrible ways on the journey, or we let them know they cant come in, save them the abuse from the journey, and potentially allow good people to stay in countries and change their country for the better.

I prefer the latter.

Borders are necessary; every wealthy liberal with a gated community and locked door knows this, even if the pretend not to.
edit on 20-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
These media folks or commentators or whatever they are dont actually report the news anymore. I find it disheartening that one is no longer able to report the news or watch it without sounding like a douchebag putting their personal opinion on everything as if the American people really give two sh!ts what some elitest has to say about anything.

These media channels (right and left) are really damaging the country and its an embarrassment on the world stage. Why cant they just report the news and stfu.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Obviously discussing crime rates isn't inherently racist but that doesn't mean that people don't use crime stats in support of racist arguments.

For instance, "Black people are just more violent than other people! Just look at this FBI crime data bro!"

That's essentially the context much of the time when right-wingers bring up race and crime statistics. The stats aren't racist, discussing the stats isn't racist, arguing that black people have a natural inclination to criminality can certainly be racist and the need to go online and try to convince other people of black people's natural inclination to criminality is often purely racist.

What I usually do in those sorts of discussions is to make arguments about the underlying factors behind the stats, backed with data. Do you want to discuss why illegal immigrants as a whole, despite many of them being at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, living in poor conditions, having limited economic opportunity, etc, not only have comparable or lower rates of criminal offense to the general population when models based on those factors suggest that the opposite should be true?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What I usually do in those sorts of discussions is to make arguments about the underlying factors behind the stats, backed with data. Do you want to discuss why illegal immigrants as a whole, despite many of them being at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder, living in poor conditions, having limited economic opportunity, etc, not only have comparable or lower rates of criminal offense to the general population when models based on those factors suggest that the opposite should be true?

Sure lets discuss that.

Surely you are not implying illegals are just better people, though I am sure you will agree that is how some people try to use these stats.

So whats the reason? Others have posted stats that in fact show the opposite.

I would also like to know, seeing as how we are routinely told we have no idea how many illegals are in the country, how do we get a proportionality?

And again, why is this relevant to the discussion at hand.

People want the disbaning of ice. The story in the OP is about how bad it was to arrest a illegal muirder victim. What does claiming illegals committ less violence than citizens have to do with not wanting an atauls illegal suspected of murder arrested?

And what is the conclusion of syaing illegals comitt less crime? Does that mean we need more illegals because they will make the country better?

Surely we can agree there is a limit, so when we reach that, should we kick the crummy citizens who are more likely to commit crimes out?

I assume you would clearly say no.

To me, rather or not illegals committ more violence is irrelvant.

Borders must be enforced. I dont mind allowing non violent illegals already here to stay after certain conditions are met.

But the border needs secured NOW. And all illegals that come after this date, without exception, should be deported.

Otherwise, the country will not be able to sustain the mass influx of people.

The other solution I would be ok with is to allow anyone into the country, and to completely eliminate the welfare system, but I dont think the left will agree to that.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

First, although I agree trump saying most were rapist was bad, if saying over 80 percent of the women coming here are raped, that implies a HUGE number of the men at least coming over or helping people come over are rapists.

After all, who do you think is raping these women?

I cant speak about what trump feels, but I myself am disgusted with these rapes. I feel its disingenuous to act as if you know trump has no compassion for these women.

I do not like the whole "bring a victim up on stage routine" from any side, and I have called trump out on this.

Were you as outraged when the dems brought Khan, the father of the slain Muslim soldier on stage to berate trump?

But its the chicken or the egg question. The media and Obama pushed the pious great illegal who only contributed great things to the country narrative so far, and ignored any evidence of illegals doing bad.

So the natural reaction was for people to go to the other extreme, and show some of the horrible abuses committed by illegals.

You are wasting your energy arguing with ante. The only purpose he serves nowadays is to remind us that book smarts and common sense are not the same thing. Years ago he had credibility (in my eyes, anyway). I’m not sure if he lost his mind or if I just grew up. Now he sounds just as silly as “Silly”. He does have a pretty vocabulary, though.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

It is probability that if you keep shooting people, you are going to get someone who actually deserves it once in a while.

Doesn't make you one of the good guys.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Couldn't help it, sorry to all..

Everyone knows all illegals are the saints of the world. Let em be, let 'em free. Give illegals a chance!

Make America Mexico Again!

Come on, only bits of Texas and California were Mexico.

Back in the days when that fort at the Alamo was full of illegals, but going the other way.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I think it is about time that all governments around the world gang up on the bully and begin arresting and deporting those illegal Americans who have no right in their country.

Ron Paul says U.S. has military personnel in 130 nations and 900 overseas bases - Politifact

And the way they refuse to pay tax yet want to drain the resources of other countries.

Apple pays zero tax in NZ despite sales of $4.2 billion - NZ Herald

Damned filthy robbing illegals.

edit on 21/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Is that you, Cenk?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Is that you, Cenk?

I just Googled 'Cenk' because I had no idea who he may be.

So, no.

I am an Australian citizen.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I wonder how many illegal aliens would be required to rack up 4.2 billion .......

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wonder how many illegal aliens would be required to rack up 4.2 billion .......

Illegal immigrants only cost the country in the short term. Illegal immigrants inflate population and have a net positive effect on the American economy when they have children and become embedded in the system - something that Trump's rhetoric ignores.

While Trump's economic policies may have quick turnaround and some initial economic return, the long term result of shuffling the figures to hide the true situation (as Trump has done with many of his companies, leading to bankruptcy and their failure), will lead America faster towards the economic catastrophe that has been building for decades.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

That's a very reasonable explanation, I think war will be apon us when their economy does eventually implode ,it's gonna be ugly.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Are you arguing that illegal immigrants are as a group inherently more given to violent crime than US citizens? Because none of the available data I've seen backs that up.

Didn't look very hard.

The briefing slides in enclosure I address each of our three questions. In summary, for our study population of 55,322 illegal aliens, we found that:

* They were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty- eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

* They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests.[Footnote 6] Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses. About 45 percent of all offenses were drug or immigration offenses. About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and property damage. About 12 percent were for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes. The balance was for such other offenses as traffic violations, including driving under the influence; fraud--including forgery and counterfeiting; weapons violations; and obstruction of justice.

www.gao.gov...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

How many7 times must we hear this narrative of ICE and trump are evil, and all illegals are perfect innocent people?

Are you arguing that illegal immigrants are as a group inherently more given to violent crime than US citizens? Because none of the available data I've seen backs that up.

I like to think of myself as a relatively liberal-minded person (a little left of center on social issues), and I don't think the government should go excessively out if it's way to find and deport illegal immigrants who have made a life in the U.S....

...but I can't see how you came to your conclusion by reading Gambler's post. Nothing is his post stated or implied that he thinks illegal immigrants are more likely to commit violent crime.

edit on 21/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Just after she had delivered her baby boy, Venegas told CBS2 that her husband had never been in trouble with the law, not having even received a ticket. On Friday, ICE issued a statement saying Arrona-Lara was arrested for “illegally residing in the United States” by the agency’s “Fugitive Operations Team” and was awaiting removal.

On Saturday, ICE said Arrona-Lara had, in fact, been targeted because he is wanted on an outstanding homicide warrant in Mexico, a detail that was not included in the original statement.

His attorney told CBS2 he is not aware of any such warrant and has been unable to confirm it from the Mexican consulate.

“So far, we haven’t been able to verify anything,” Emilio Amaya Garcia told CBS News Sunday. He added that as far he knows, Arrona-Lara is being held for removal, not on an extradition order. He said he hopes to get some clarification Monday once the consulate opens.

The woman says they don't have the legal authorization to live in the US but their children were all born here making them citizens (the kids, not the parents) but Right Wingers hate that, don't they? What do you guys call them, anchor babies?

So are they here illegally? Yes. Does the man have a warrant out for homicide? Mexico has no knowledge of that so why would ICE know that but not Mexico? Makes no sense. Why would ICE lie about that charge when they can simply just deport the man? This is why people are upset but Right Wingers love ICE and their crusade against brown people. Anyone have any cases of ICE recently deporting white people, say from Canada?

According to conservative Canadian news outlet, Northern aliens: Around 100,000 Canadians live under the radar in U.S. as illegal immigrants. And that's just Canada, people from all over the world, of all colors, are living in the US illegally but ICE seems to only be targeting the brown folk. Poor brown folk who have no power in this country, no resources, no nothing, they're the ones vilified, demonized, and deported.

Funny how that works out.

I don not think this is fully true. I lost my best IT worker because he was deported back to Canada. He had a baby boy but that did not save him. My Brother-in-law is a very famous French multiple disciplinary artist. He produces videos in the US, is a western artist displaying works in fine galleries and is a Rock Star the even played at Hellfest this year. He still catches a hard time and gets held at customs.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's exactly what I thought. I was thinking, well first off, a husband CAN'T be pregnant, I don't care how they identify. So let's click and see WTH this crap is about...lol

Jaden

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
There are people who are addicted to outrage. It gives a temporary high.

Outrage and righteous indignation are both addicting and become a very bad habit of the thinking process.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The news media today.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Fake news.……..The man is not pregnant??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join