It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media goes nuts over ICE arrest of pregnant husband, find out he was wanted by mexico for murder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Plus the media initally made it sound like her water broke and it was an "emergency" and they were rushing to the Hospital when ICE stopped them when they got gas.

It's was a pre-planned C-Section procedure.

But the media doesn't do "FAKE NEWS"?????????

Now his lawyer is claiming mistaken identity and it was his brother that is wanted in the murder.

We will see how this plays out.

edit on 20-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I agree dude should've been arrested, but why do all of you type like you're a first grader, who just got their first smartphone, from sister(mom) and dad's meth profits?

You sound like you are channeling your own situation. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Just after she had delivered her baby boy, Venegas told CBS2 that her husband had never been in trouble with the law, not having even received a ticket. On Friday, ICE issued a statement saying Arrona-Lara was arrested for “illegally residing in the United States” by the agency’s “Fugitive Operations Team” and was awaiting removal.

On Saturday, ICE said Arrona-Lara had, in fact, been targeted because he is wanted on an outstanding homicide warrant in Mexico, a detail that was not included in the original statement.

His attorney told CBS2 he is not aware of any such warrant and has been unable to confirm it from the Mexican consulate.

“So far, we haven’t been able to verify anything,” Emilio Amaya Garcia told CBS News Sunday. He added that as far he knows, Arrona-Lara is being held for removal, not on an extradition order. He said he hopes to get some clarification Monday once the consulate opens.

The woman says they don't have the legal authorization to live in the US but their children were all born here making them citizens (the kids, not the parents) but Right Wingers hate that, don't they? What do you guys call them, anchor babies?

So are they here illegally? Yes. Does the man have a warrant out for homicide? Mexico has no knowledge of that so why would ICE know that but not Mexico? Makes no sense. Why would ICE lie about that charge when they can simply just deport the man? This is why people are upset but Right Wingers love ICE and their crusade against brown people. Anyone have any cases of ICE recently deporting white people, say from Canada?

According to conservative Canadian news outlet, Northern aliens: Around 100,000 Canadians live under the radar in U.S. as illegal immigrants. And that's just Canada, people from all over the world, of all colors, are living in the US illegally but ICE seems to only be targeting the brown folk. Poor brown folk who have no power in this country, no resources, no nothing, they're the ones vilified, demonized, and deported.

Funny how that works out.
edit on 20-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I agree dude should've been arrested, but why do all of you type like you're a first grader, who just got their first smartphone, from sister(mom) and dad's meth profits?

I agree the dude should've been arrested, but why do all of you type like you're a first grader, who just got their first smartphone, from sister(mom) and dad's meth profits?

Sorry, had to correct your grammer. Just give the phone back to your sister(mom).

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

How many7 times must we hear this narrative of ICE and trump are evil, and all illegals are perfect innocent people?

Are you arguing that illegal immigrants are as a group inherently more given to violent crime than US citizens? Because none of the available data I've seen backs that up.

Oh FFS!

No, he’s not arguing that.

Quit making shlt up in your head, typing it out and vomiting all over ATS.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yep its all racism, all the time.

How dare ICE pull a murder suspect over and detain him.... if he is brown!!!!

I mean God, couldnt they find a white illegal immigrant whose wife was having a c section and was wanted for murder to arrest instead?

sarc off/

But hey, I guess I will play your game.

You only focus on illegals because you know studies show they economically compete with black ameircans more than any other group.

So you are really just anti black, and want to see the black community suffer.

See how stupid this is?

Please show me the data ICE only arrests brown people?

I personally could give two hoots about skin color.

I feel bad for all of the black and brown and white and tan and pinkish and orange and any color Americans that are ignored by so many politicians and media members in favor of illegals that are not citizens of this country.

I understand that a country without borders cant exist.

You keep playing the race card. Tell us how MS 13 shouldnt be condemned because they have souls, how we shouldnt focus on the fact that 80 percent of the women who cross the border are raped, how we shouldnt pull over murder suspects if they are illegal and brown.

I mean, to condemn ms 13, women being raped crossing the border, or people not wanting a murder suspect to be arrested makes me a racist, right?
edit on 20-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

In the two studies done, the number of illegal immigrants in jail for murder had a higher statistical instance than legal citizens in jail for the same crime. California and Texas, I believe.

Edited to add... Texas and Arizona, sorry.

Could you please cite this study? I suspect it's the 2011 GAO study but I don't want to waste a block of text debunking claims made using it if it's not. That's one that Trump and super supporter Rep. Steve King like to cite (or rather King likes to cite erroneously — Trump sometimes seems to just make up # which is based on King's disinfo)

You used to be better than this.

Don't worry about me, I'm in top form.

CATO - Incarcerated Immigrants in 2016: Their Numbers, Demographics, and Countries of Origin (June, 2018)

Illegal immigrants are 47 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives. Legal immigrants are 78 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives.

Follow up blog post from one of the researchers involved in the report (Alex Nowrasteh):

The White House’s Misleading & Error Ridden Narrative on Immigrants and Crime

In 2015, Texas police made 815,689 arrests of native-born Americans, 37,776 arrests of illegal immigrants, and 20,323 arrests of legal immigrants. For every 100,000 people in each subgroup, there were 3,578 arrests of natives, 2,149 arrests of illegal immigrants, and 698 arrests of legal immigrants. The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.

The homicide arrest rate for native-born Americans was about 5.4 per 100,000 natives, about 46 percent higher than the illegal immigrant homicide arrest rate of 3.7 per 100,000. Related to this, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services recently released data that showed the arrest rate for DACA recipients about 46 percent below that of the resident non-DACA population.

edit on 2018-8-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Jimmy Dore is correct, Trump has stolen everyones critical thinking skills on both the left and right.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just for future reference, I would like clarification.

Is it now considered ok to discuss the percentage of certain demographics committing crimes?

I am not saying you do this, but often times the same people who cant wait to site studies saying illegals commit less crime that American citizens seem to be the same people that want to say if you look at the percentage of other demographics that commit crimes, you are a racist.

So it would be nice to get some clarification.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Ooo good one

You should know by now consistency no longer matters its about being right

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Mexico has no knowledge of that so why would ICE know that but not Mexico? Makes no sense. Why would ICE lie about that charge when they can simply just deport the man? This is why people are upset but Right Wingers love ICE and their crusade against brown people. Anyone have any cases of ICE recently deporting white people, say from Canada?

According to conservative Canadian news outlet, Northern aliens: Around 100,000 Canadians live under the radar in U.S. as illegal immigrants. And that's just Canada, people from all over the world, of all colors, are living in the US illegally but ICE seems to only be targeting the brown folk. Poor brown folk who have no power in this country, no resources, no nothing, they're the ones vilified, demonized, and deported.

Funny how that works out.

A lawyer bubble-wrapping his words, saying that he is "unaware" and has been "unable to confirm" the warrant does not mean that Mexico has "no knowledge" of the alleged suspect or the warrant.

Numbers for deportations are available. You're right, deportations to Canada pale in comparison to deportations to Mexico. But does that mean that "brown people" are targeted or that vastly more people enter illegally through our southern border? What does that say about the respective countries of origin? That Canada is harder to escape, or that fewer people have incentive to illegally cross the border?

If your source is correct and there only 100,000 Canadians illegally living in the US vs who-knows-how-many illegal Mexicans, it kind of makes sense that you don't hear about the Canadian deportations. Kind of the same reason you don't hear about, say, achalasia. Because it's rare.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Our immigration laws need an overhaul.

We should start with- If you are here illegally any children you have while here illegally are not granted citizenship.

Civil Forfeiture of any and all money/property/ real estate gained while here illegally.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

We should start with- If you are here illegally any children you have while here illegally are not granted citizenship.

Civil Forfeiture of any and all money/property/ real estate gained while here illegally.

And then we could have an honest discussion about the strain they are placing on our public education and other social services. Like the effect it has on "affordable healthcare".

And then we could talk about wage suppression, etc, etc

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I get angry when I see the leftists defending and supporting murderers. And it places me in a position where I am against illegal aliens.

But I am for a strong border and then. . . . .amnesty for the LAW-ABIDING illegals here.

Yeah, I know it's an oxymoron, but most do really want to be part of America.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Illegal immigrants are 47 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives. Legal immigrants are 78 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives.

But 100% of illegal immigrants are illegal right?

I'm not the sharpest bulb in the drawer but it is kinda implied when they are "illegal immigrants".
edit on 20-8-2018 by BornYesterday because: doh!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The people probably used the going to the hospital routine to try to get out of a ticket or to keep him from getting hauled off.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I never even remotely mentioned illegals commit more crime, how did you get that?

You said: "ICE and trump are evil, and all illegals are perfect innocent people?"

Since literally nobody thinks that ALL illegal immigrants are "perfect innocent people" — it seemed that your hyperbole was a sort of ironic insinuation that in fact illegal immigrants were less "perfect"/less "innocent" (referring to criminality) than other groups.

Way to change the subjevt totally, but hey, at least yyou admit this is disgusting propaganda.

I'm actually not changing the subject at all if the subject is "disgusting propaganda" to polarize a wedge issue. In fact, the reason that this will be blitzing the echo chamber is equal parts because it embarrasses "the other side" and because it's an opportunity to associate illegal immigrants and murder.

As far as trumps claims, lets not forget, 80 percent of the women crossing the border illegally are raped.

He did quote the stat and cite its source accurately which is remarkable for Trump. But let's not pretend that Trump or most of the anti-immigration set are motivated by a concern for the welfare of women crossing the border illegally. Trump has also claimed that illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists and drug dealers with the exception of "some" who he assumes are "good people." And that 99% of the rhetoric about illegal immigration from Trump is relating stories about illegal immigrants involved in violent crime ("Remember Kate!") and attempts to paint a large chunk of them as MS-13 members.

Remember the publicity stunt Trump pulled with "Angel families" when the family separations were dominating the news cycle?

I'm sure you are genuinely outraged that so many women are being sexually assaulted on their journeys to the US. And what makes it even more heart wrenching is that many of them are aware that getting raped by gangs and corrupt officials is the "price to pay" for traveling through some areas. If anything, it should demonstrate the desperation of these women and the lengths to which they're willing to go to get to the US.

I'm sure you remember the caravan of asylum seekers? They're were banding together for protection (from numbers and exposure). How'd "bleeding heart" Trump and friends react to that? I recall Trump tweeting, claiming that these were people "trying to take advantage of DACA."

Like I said, I'm sure you're horrified that this is happening but let's not pretend that it's actually a concern central to Trump and many of his supporters. It's like talking point #27 in the list. How many Trump supporters have you yourself witnessed referencing shooting people at the border, on this very site?

But hey, who cares baout that, right? I mean, uinstead of looking at that, lets virtue signal that we have to pretend its all good people coming across, and spend more time being mad at trumps mean words than acknowledging there i9s a almost unbelievably horrific problem occuring.

Nobody believes that 100% of the people who cross the border illegally are good people. On the other hand, as I pointed out in my post, during the presser where he was announcing his campaign, Trump literally implied that most of the people crossing the border illegally were rapists, drug dealers or some other form of criminal. And he's continued in that vein through to this day. What's more virtue signaling then THAT guy feigning concern about migrants being sexually assault?

How about we discuss the conditions where these women are fleeing from? What would make a person face a journey like that? The murder rate in El Salvador is 15-16x what it is here. It's 11x higher in Honduras. Guatemala has the third highest femicide rate in the world. El Salvador has the highest.

Anyway, when a person like Trump spends 99% of his time painting a picture of an invading horde of rapists and opportunists seeking to exploit the US, it's hard to imagine that he's genuinely concerned about the terrible # they go through to get here.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

First, although I agree trump saying most were rapist was bad, if saying over 80 percent of the women coming here are raped, that implies a HUGE number of the men at least coming over or helping people come over are rapists.

After all, who do you think is raping these women?

I cant speak about what trump feels, but I myself am disgusted with these rapes. I feel its disingenuous to act as if you know trump has no compassion for these women.

I do not like the whole "bring a victim up on stage routine" from any side, and I have called trump out on this.

Were you as outraged when the dems brought Khan, the father of the slain Muslim soldier on stage to berate trump?

But its the chicken or the egg question. The media and Obama pushed the pious great illegal who only contributed great things to the country narrative so far, and ignored any evidence of illegals doing bad.

So the natural reaction was for people to go to the other extreme, and show some of the horrible abuses committed by illegals.

edit on 20-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Now as to the conditions people are fleeing from.

wait a minute, are you implying there are some s-hole countries? Cause I thought that was a big no no! I thought we had to pretend that the US isnt any better than any country!

So now that we got that out of the way.

Yes there are terrible places people are coming from. And they will never get any better if all of the good people leave. It it is not only impossible for the US to take in all of the oppressed from around the world, but it is more importantly not the job of our government. Our governments job is to look out for our citizens.

Where is the bleeding heart for the litany of poor or sick in this country?

Strange that those on the left that want to help these poor people are on the side of wealthy business owners that want cheap labor. Why do you think that is?

Once we lift every US citizen out of poverty, then we can turn our attention to the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

How many7 times must we hear this narrative of ICE and trump are evil, and all illegals are perfect innocent people?

Are you arguing that illegal immigrants are as a group inherently more given to violent crime than US citizens? Because none of the available data I've seen backs that up.

Yet, that's the narrative that Trump pushed from literally the first day of his campaign (recall the "they're not sending you... they're rapists" statement as he was announcing) and throughout his presidency to demonize and dehumanize illegal immigrants as objects of fearmongering.

Yea, I mean these people look like assholes for being wrong in this particular instance but in my opinion, it sort of pales by comparison to the near-brainwashing demagoguery of Trump and friends.

And if you saw any data to support that assertion I am confident there is not one person on this board who would ever expect you to expose that data. I can back this argument up by watching the fallout from this comment in 3.... 2....1.....
edit on 20-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join