It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Political Turmoil - potential change of PM Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
''The only solution, who ever is Australia's Prime Minister is, is to drive to the Governor General and let the people decide (call a snap election)''

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
''The only solution, who ever is Australia's Prime Minister is, is to drive to the Governor General and let the people decide (call a snap election)''

And Australians yet again have to vote for a government that will fight amongst themselves and fall apart in a year or so.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Do we adjourn parliament (end for the day)

aye - 70

nay - 68

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Labor (opposition) are refusing to leave parliament...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They will, we all get hungry, thirsty, tired and need to go to the loo.

Nice stand though.

bally

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
PM Turnbull is going to face the media in 15minutes
(1pm EST)

www.youtube.com...

ABC is already talking about how great a career he's had...

I expect he'll simply say he's stepping aside, the position is open and he will probably back Scott Morrison (I think)
edit on 22/8/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
''I will hold a party meeting at midday tomorrow''

'' Waiting on the attorney general to give advice if Mr Dutton can sit in parliament''

'' I will not stand as a candidate in the ballot if a spill occurs ''

Basically, they found a technicality that Peter Dutton might not be eligible to sit in parliament because his wife is involved in child care centers - and the government subsidizes child care centers. This was put to a vote to send him to the high court earlier, it was voted down.

Mr Turnbull is delaying...

I expect them to force a vote before the days end

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So for some context,

This will be our 6th Prime Minister in 11years

2 of them were for 3 years each

So today we'll get our 6th, later this year/earlier next year we'll get our 7th in the new election

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
CONFIRMED: Harold Holt seen swimming to shore and will be running/swimming for PM.

Jesus, I can no longer say anything untoward about the current american political landscape.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No matter what side of the political spectrum you support, you have to admit that current scenario is a mess. What some also don't realise is Turnbull is willing to literally "suicide" the Liberal Party on his way out....how?

He said he will stand down effective immediately, no matter who gets up.

That will cause a by election in his local seat, the Libs currently hold government by only a 1 seat majority. Therefore, I believe, the Labor Party is able to approach the governer general and request that they form government immediately if they managed to secure the 1 seat majority.

I don't know if that has ever happened before, but technically it can happen......

The Governer General needs to grow some balls, dissolve parliament and call fresh election.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
the problem is lack of diversity there

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Tragic thought isn't it.

I'm surprised Gillard hasn't piped up.

Bally

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: hutch622

Tragic thought isn't it.

I'm surprised Gillard hasn't piped up.

Bally

Guaranteed she will if Julie Bishop doesn't get the top job...she will scream male shouvanism, boys club etc etc

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it's time for a political landscape change.

Our political system is antiquated and its clear they are not working in the best interests of Australia.
It is clear they are working only for their respective parties and themselves.

We need a new structure that makes Parliament irrelevant.
I have a few ideas for change and the direction Government should take.

How do we remove our Government?

This madness needs to end.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Melbourne_Militia

Not just her but the likes of anyone on the 'Today" show.

First time I've seen in a long time ABC being on the fence and not supporting one over the other.

My thoughts.

Kind regards to you roo,

bally

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

From my perspective we only have the 2 parties, like the seppos. Any party is too far out there.

Need some common sense and balance.

My regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

How about no parties?
How about a political system that only allows individuals to run with a game plan of how they will better Australia's standing? How about these individuals run on their own promises and desires and we perform performance reviews on those?
How about a system that prevents leadership change without the consent of the governed?

If enough Australians rally together (not protest, rally), we can make a government that works for Australians.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovaka

Yeah, always liked that idea.

Trouble for me is that there is always someone the wants to be the autocratic leader. Gets messy with decisions.

Have been a member of several committees and recently the president of one. I'm for the better of the community. Other more popular members seek to 'feather their own nest'.

Its not just Australian politics. This problem extends from local, council and state groups. There is always someone that cannot take 'no' for an answer and will go outside the confines of their group to get their own way.

My experience. I will never be the president of a committee again.

The theatre in politics of our country reflects that now. You can't be a leader.

cheers, bally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join