It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ageing in Human Cells Successfully Reversed in the Lab

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Manipulating chromosomes, in general, is a nascent field. While this particular therapy may have consequences for telomere degeneration, it does not specifically target telomere degeneration.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SorrowSong

What argument are you imagining I'm making in the first place?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: projectvxn

If it turns out to be the Elixir-of-life, it should be illegal for politicians and lawyers and banksters to have access to it.

probably Kiwis too, but thats not important for the moment.

Fair go mate, me wife's from NZ!

Looks like your wife and I have something in common then. Takapuna to be precise.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What argument are you imagining I'm making in the first place?

I think the actual title of your OP seems to me that you might be attempting to reason that “Aging in human cells successfully reversed in the lab” no? So perhaps explain my first question? Or are you talking out of your ass?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Read the article.

I didn't come up with the title.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

a reply to: nightbringr

Why?

We would kill ourselves off in no time. Overpopulation is already a thing, it would be exponentially worse if our reproductive years were increased even twofold.

Perhaps we need to work out a solution? All those who sign on for significant life extension are made sterile until a time comes that we can comfortably support the massive burden having a much extended life and reproducing would cause.

The world is mostly empty. Only a few places have a lot of people. Though if you feel what you are saying is true, by all means...

(post by SorrowSong removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Great!

This technology needs to be perfected before the Great Purge begins.

We're all screwed.

This technology is why we're all being databased to be purged.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I need this now.

It is likely the Mark of the Beast.

That would be the Brain Implants that come along with this sort of higher level Transhumanism:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If it turns out to be the Elixir-of-life, it should be illegal for politicians and lawyers and banksters to have access to it.

probably Kiwis too, but thats not important for the moment.

Fair go mate, me wife's from NZ!

Looks like your wife and I have something in common then. Takapuna to be precise.

She's from Napier, but cheers.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

This will not make you immmortal. You can still be shot,stabbed to death,get a disease. Talk about over reactions in this thread.

Of course I know that, don't be dense. The point is, extending child rearing years even slightly will greatly speed up population growth.

The OP dreams as much as I do if he thinks we will be colonizing the stars that in the time frame that we are able to make life extension possible in.
edit on 21-8-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

Why?

We would kill ourselves off in no time. Overpopulation is already a thing, it would be exponentially worse if our reproductive years were increased even twofold.

Perhaps we need to work out a solution? All those who sign on for significant life extension are made sterile until a time comes that we can comfortably support the massive burden having a much extended life and reproducing would cause.

The world is mostly empty. Only a few places have a lot of people. Though if you feel what you are saying is true, by all means...

If you think we can handle population growth exponentially greater than what we are going through now with no issues at all, I don't know what to tell you.

Pray to your science god that we travel the stars much faster than our current trajectory indicates.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I need this now.

It is likely the Mark of the Beast.

That would be the Brain Implants that come along with this sort of higher level Transhumanism:

That's why I will not identify with either donkeys or elephants or whatever their symbols are now days.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hmm.. Sounds carcinogenic.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's not immortality the longer you live the greater the chance you will die of a non natural way .

We need to start terraforming Mars right away and the scientist behind this need to publish publicly just how it's done so everyone has a chance with it and it's not held by the elite .

There are some great minds that need more then a life time to create and discover .

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Noone is actively seeking to leave Earth in all seriousness and colonizing the Solar System is even less likely.

The way things are going...escape from this place is impossible without a whole new way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

There are several groups and research projects about exactly that.

Look somewhere other than conspiracy sites and thinking and you might be convinced as well.

I'm committed to colonization of the Moon and Mars by 2050 and committed to interstellar travel by 2100. So are others and many of us are working on real technologies to achieve this.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket

Hate to say it, but reservatrol has been debunked. Currently no reason at all to believe it is the cause of the French Paradox.

Lots of other promising developments in the anti aging crusade though! I think we might want to temper our enthusiasm though, I find it hard to believe such things will ever make it down to the masses. Until overpopulation and resource management issues are dealt with, it's simply impractical (and suicidal) for the elites to let everyone live forever.

Resveratrol has not been debunked. There was a counter debunk. It activates multiple sirtuins, but since aging lowers NAD+ levels, and sirtuins use NAD+ it becomes less effective at later ages in longer lived animals. Thankfully there are substances that can boost NAD+ levels.

In shorter lived animals, and cells it extends lifespan quite well.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

Why?

If you think we can handle population growth exponentially greater than what we are going through now with no issues at all, I don't know what to tell you.

Pray to your science god that we travel the stars much faster than our current trajectory indicates.

It's called regulate reproduction.

The idea that people should die so others can have babies is abhorrent. Sustainability demands the birth rate is balanced with the death rate. As death rate approaches zero, so too must birth rate. Some small amount of people will probably commit suicide or die from freak accidents, even with practically no deaths from physical disease, crime, accidents, or from mental diseases like depression, etc. After most causes of death are eliminated some small death rate will likely remain.

Reversible sterilization is possible.

In any case, resources are finite, agelessness or no, we soon won't need anyone to work. The unconditional basic income can provide quite a bit of wealth, but there is finite energy and matter. Unregulated reproduction if it becomes too vigorous can exhaust the capacity of the system to support all above poverty. Even a minority with exponential reproduction would eventually outreproduce the rest. Similar to what happens with cancer cells in the body, such unregulated reproduction would allow those that are more vigorous reproducing to eventually outvote the rest as given time they'll be the majority, collapsing the system.

You start the church of lets all families have a dozen children. That will become the majority given enough time unless others reproduce as much or restrict their reproduction. Once they're the majority it will be impossible to pass laws that impede their unrestricted growth, and systemic collapse.
edit on 24-8-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join