It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter, 94, lives in the same $167,000 two-bedroom ranch house he built before his presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Did the Clintons ever return to Arkansas? I thought they moved to NYC and never went back to Little Rock.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Carter was a liberal presdient. Some say he was no leader and I think that was largely true. He, being a real liberal did not believe in authoritarian or top down democracy. He trusted in the wisdom of the American people.

I recall some of his thougts at that time. He warned against over consumption and how the ''go for it all'' materialism. His ideas were that the American people could recycle and not toss away, they could car pool rather than single commute, use public transit rather than driving. He more than any other president I can recall was for sustainability rather than unrestrained growth.

That of course was contrary to the American business community that wanted growth at all costs, more development, more product and and the waste it produced. It is no wonder that he served only one term, his whole being was an affront to an uncontrolled corporate economy. He was a lovable guy.

Hence Reagan. Another man who Americans saw as a sweet guy. But in his case it was a motion picture actors persona. A man who shilled for a soap company on national tv and became a face that Americans trusted. Picked up by the National Associaation of Manufacturers as a friendly face and a man who could charm Americans away from the notion of sustainability and back into unfettered consumerism, Reagan told every body they could have what ever they wanted with no need for personal restraint. Carters faith in the wisdom of the American people was a totally misplaced faith.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter, 94, lives in the same $167,000 two-bedroom ranch house he built before his presidency

Can't say I give a snip.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You are so right. They had ruined their reputations in Arkansas-they didn't want them. She was planning her run for Senate even then and they do have their foundation in NY also.

I think I try to forget the Clintons as much as possible. Clintons and the Obamas-definitely stepped with their paygrade after their presidences-got a taste of the good life and couldn't see ever going back-with where they came from I can understand.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Did the Clintons ever return to Arkansas? I thought they moved to NYC and never went back to Little Rock.

Pretty sure they're still in Chappaqua as they pop up on the local news every once in awhile when they're spotted in NYC.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter also ranks as having the highest I.Q. of any known president. He was a nuclear physicist.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Awesome person. Using his post presidency and all the fame, connections, power that comes from that to truly make the earth a better place.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Iran # all over him and he smiled through it while people were held prisoner for over a year.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Iran # all over him and he smiled through it while people were held prisoner for over a year.

Wasn't that the result of the US military fail after the US and CIA # all over Iran.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

He worked for them. He didn't found the Habitat for Humanity program.
edit on 8202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

He is not the founder of the project. That was Linda and Millard Fuller.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well Hillary was a native of Illinois not Arkansas. They lived in Massachusetts when they met. They lived in DC for eight years. They moved to New York when Hillary wanted to run for senator and they live in NY now.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

They moved to New York when Hillary wanted to run for senator and they live in NY now.

Ah, yes, carpetbagging at it's finest. I remember when she ran and hearing her tell everyone that she listened to the Yankees when she was a girl in Chicago.

Obviously they had a magic radio or tv set to make this happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I remember he was ineffective and almost got those students killed and nothing he did during that year helped.
As soon as the 82 election was over and Regan won they changed their tune.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

As soon as the 82 election was over...

1980?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Jimmy Carter also ranks as having the highest I.Q. of any known president. He was a nuclear physicist.

Those IQs are predicted, not tested in any way, and are subject to a huge amount of bias. To my knowledge, no POTUS has ever taken or at least published the results of any tangible IQ test. Based on the traditional metrics of language, math/business acumen, interests, knowledge, etc, JFK was almost certainly the smartest modern POTUS. The man was a speed reader who blasted through (supposedly) 6 newspapers every morning while eating breakfast. These were NY Times, Washington Times, Wall Street Journal papers, too... not small reads.

If Carter had a high IQ, then it serves as proof that brains don't equal common sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No he doesn't. Clinton's is higher by 3 points 153 (Carter) Vs 156.(Clinton)

It's estimated that John Adams was near genius level in the 170s.
He is credited right now as having the highest IQ of any president.
edit on 8202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

A good man. Even a very good man. No great shakes as President, though he did have his moments--hardly his fault they fell through...Camp David Accords come quickly to mind.

He was in way over his head, but he tried his best, and there's no shame in that.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No good deed, man.

For the most part he has, his really bad habit of sticking his nose into foreign policy does him no favors...but over all, he's always struck me as a very sincere man. His work with Habitat for Humanity put that organization on the map.

As a man, he'll be fondly remembered by many, myself included. As a President, not so much. I rate him right near the bottom over all, post-ww2, he's above only Obama, and Bush II.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes. 82 was when my son was born. And Regan was president. Lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join